Massive mushroom cloud in Russia after ‘spontaneous missile explosion’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by steshift1981
I studied NBC warfare when I was in the army in 97 and the one thing you would have from a Tactical weapon would be light lots of light that sets fires upto 13km away (depending on KT/MT size) so you would have eye casualtys and terrible burn victims.

Lets see if they turn up or any independent science organisations report increase in radiation readings.

Ste

You are correct. This also does not appear to be a Nuclear Cloud via detonation. It looks more like either exploding solid rocket fuel or a Munitions Train Detonation as if it were a Nuclear Cloud....it would still be Burning Hot as it headed skyward.

Plus the U.S. would instantly know with Satellite Detection if it was a NUCLEAR BLAST. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
i would have thought it was ww3
and bugged the heck out with my pants thoroughly soiled.
i really do hope no oen was hurt
edit on 10-10-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Definitely an explosion, but it looks more like massive amounts of TNT not nuclear.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

All your points are possible, with the exception of the Neutron bomb.

The whole purpose of the neutron bomb was to eliminate personnel without destroying infrastructure. Causing a detonation that large would negate the whole point of having a neutron bomb in the first place.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't want to steer someones perception with an article like this, I want to observe others perception. I am not a very good thread writer I guess although I can comment well sometimes. I get off topic a lot because I look at things in an array pattern, tying seemingly unrelated events to things that are happening. I see that there were many unused explosives that were never used and wonder if they would still work properly if needed.

The USA used much of their old explosives in in the Gulf war and got reimbursed from other countries to offset the costs of these weapons. The replacement cost to the USA was very high though, leading to a lot of national debt. I guess there are a lot of reasons for conflicts and wars that we do not take into consideration. The use them or loose them problem

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
we dont know what the NEW nuclear bombs look like.
this could have gone off as the built/ dismantled it.
so not a full nuc boom!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Another point well put forward, American early warning and detection satellites would have detected thermal radiation within 1 min of detonation as well as NATO damage assets.

But that doesn't mean they tell us on the other hand but think we are in agreement, conventional explosives maybe FAE weapon.

Ste

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It was 4000 tons of various artillery and bombs that exploded at a testing ground.
link

More than 4,000 tons of shells exploded near a military testing ground some 40 kilometers from the city of Orenburg in Central Russia, prompting the mass evacuation of two nearby towns. Those 4,000 tons included 1,379 tons of 100mm shells, 400 tons of air bombs and 2,300 tons of 280mm reactive shells, the head of the military investigative committee announced.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by randyvs

I don't want to steer someones perception with an article like this, I want to observe others perception. I am not a very good thread writer I guess although I can comment well sometimes. I get off topic a lot because I look at things in an array pattern, tying seemingly unrelated events to things that are happening. I see that there were many unused explosives that were never used and wonder if they would still work properly if needed.

The USA used much of their old explosives in in the Gulf war and got reimbursed from other countries to offset the costs of these weapons. The replacement cost to the USA was very high though, leading to a lot of national debt. I guess there are a lot of reasons for conflicts and wars that we do not take into consideration. The use them or loose them problem

Alright, but if we consider the ATS guidelines for writing a thread and the tremendous ability to articulate in text I've seen from you. There is absolutely no reason to wonder about my reply.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Found a video of guys in the blast area on liveleak don't know how to imbed it,

But boy does it look big......

40,0000 tons of explosives go pop!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Who knows what the truth is. The whole story will be rewritten by the end of the week, once they've rooted out all the witnesses not going along with their story.

Controversy surrounding the explosions

Initial reports suggested that a fire at the facility’s loading dock set off shells stored on a train for disposal.
That statement was later disputed by the Press Service of Russia’s Defense Ministry, which claimed that no one was injured or went missing in the incident.

The ministry also denied that a train loaded with shells was at the testing range, saying only three shells exploded. It was later revealed that over 4,000 tons of shells detonated.

Local authorities later suspected a breach of safety regulations could have caused the explosions.

A local hospital first reported that four people were injured in the blast, and said they expected the number of injuries to increase. However, the deputy chief doctor later denied that the hospital had accepted any patients in connection with the incident.

Local resident Oksana Kovarnitskih told RT that many emergency vehicles were seen arriving at the scene of the blast and returning to a nearby hospital, presumably carrying people injured in the incident. Kovarnitskih had not heard any official confirmation of the injuries, though.

“We were 50 kilometers away from the explosion, it was really loud, our ceiling shook and some of the tiles came down,” she said. “No more explosions are heard right now but smoke is all over, we are not sure what is going on.”
Anxious comments about the aftermath of the explosions circulated on the Internet. Dunguz resident Valentina Aramova said the explosions were so powerful that some trees fell, the local Orenburg ‘56-media’ website reported.
“At the local market the trading stalls folded up like playing cards,” she said. “Children are being evacuated from kindergartens and schools. Everyone is being asked to go far into the steppe. The whole of Dunguz is in plumes of black smoke.”

The local Health Ministry reported that no one was injured and hospitalized in the explosions. The main nearby hospital also told RT that they had not received any injured people.
At the same time, local emergency services report that one officer has been hospitalized after he was found during the cleanup operation.

Source
edit on 10-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

That is probably the single greatest video of an emergency I have ever seen!!

I see a bunch of firemen in a sturdily built fire apparatus, hauling a$$ away from 3-4(?) big explosions...

If the fire department is fleeing a scene, NEVER go see what it is. It's bad.

Amazing find. Well done!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Holy crap ! Upon seeing the vid that must be a disaster. That's some good digging Phat !

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There is no point translating all of that last video as it would almost all be censored. There was a LOT of cursing, those guys were plenty scared of what they were seeing.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else spot the "face" (somewhere around 2:40) in the blast's cloud?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That second blast was huge in that video! Looked more like a bomb exploded than an arsenal of smaller ammo exploding, granted I have no idea what I am talking about, ha ha, but if a MOAB exploded I'd imagine it would look like that. You could hear the smaller amunition exploding before and after the large bomblike explosion, so it does seem this was an arsenal.

Probably on purpose by somebody.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Good find. I searched around after putting in the original post but only found the one article. I wish I could understand what the guys in the video were saying.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
IMO this is a big warning from Russia. 4kt is equal to a small nuke.
IF Russia detonates more, it could be used either as a false flag pretext to attack USA, or even the following unbelievable scenario:
100 megatons detonated anywhere on the surface of the planet, will burn enough particles to create nuclear winter all over the planet. Theoretically Russia doesn't need to strike USA in order to destroy all life, if secured underground beforehand. I hope that never happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
sabotage? an inside hit? seems more like someone set off some explosives AT a missile base.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
it could be inside job. Russia is reading for a war, and that will be not a war for Syria, but with USA - nuclear.
5000 bunkers were built in Moscow alone for the last 2 years until 2012 - RT. I only miss the moment HOW exactly the population will be evacuated before the first strike, that in all likelihood will be Russian. Because the 142 mln pop is vulnerable on retaliation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i.e. you need a believable reason to put millions in underground shelters before the war.
It could be: a major "terrorist" attack including nuclear
announcement of a "coming asteroid" or anything coming from space
Show up in the sky of alien spaceships, as shown over Kremlin.
Or waiting for the first nukes in the Middle East to explode, and then taking that as a reason big enough to evacuate Russian population.

Russia is poorly organized country. It needs time. Unless we assume someone helps them from above and will be made in an instant. Still, there are mothers with babies, etc, you can't just pull them anywhere. Also - will it be voluntary or mandatory. In other words, Russia needs to do it before it goes on First strike scenario. And that is the only scenario for a successful war with USA.

I don't know what USA will do meanwhile. Is it possible to make the war Syria-Turkey isolated from the relations USA-Russia? Similarly Iran-Israel coming war? Hope so, hope the WW3 scenario is averted. But this 4kt blast is unmistakable message to Obama .

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join