Turkish-Syrian Attacks [Let's Make it Clear What Is REALLY Going On]

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As events unfold with Syria and Turkey, let's get some facts straight in trying to understand what is going on-

1- Syria Apologised for the attacks against Turkey. However, they did NOT admit responsibility. In the press release, the Syrian Information Minister said they do not know who was involved in carrying out the attacks and that it was being investigated. Syria apologised because they do not want war with Turkey. They are already busy fighting a war against the 'rebels', why on Earth would they want to instigate a Turkish military intervention by firing at Turkey?

2- German media reported it was the rebels who fired at Turkey. The source later changed it's report to say it was most likely the Syrian forces, but initially they claimed it was the 'rebels' who were responsible.

3- The weapons fired into Turkey are NATO design. They were given to the 'rebels' by the turksih military, so it's increasingly likely the attacks were carried out by the 'rebels' to gain support for Turkish Military intervention.

4- Turkey is gearing for war. The Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan has called for Turkey to be ready for war- "What did our forefathers say...If you want peace prepare for war."

5- Cross border shelling has continued since the first event. the evidence so far suggests it was the 'rebels' (who launch their campaigns from Turkey in the first place), who were responsible for the attacks. NATO is struggling to justify military intervention to Russia and China, hence they set up these cross border confrontations in order to mobilise support for military intervention. If Syria seen to be attacking their neighbours, then Turkey will be justified in launching intervention in the names of 'defense'. It's how it works.

6- The 'war' is already underway, the 'rebels' are trained and supplied in Turkey, they use the borders to get into the country. This is the groundwork, the behind the scenes effort to destabilise Syria and weaken the Syrian army. The agenda is simply moving to it's next phase, with the pre-text being laid for full on Turkish military intervention. Of course, Turkey is part of NATO, so that also opens the door for other nations who seek the removal of Assad to 'officially' get involved (the doctrine of 'collective security- an attack on one member is an attack on all NATO members).

edit on 9-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
As events unfold with Syria and Turkey, let's get some facts straight in trying to understand what is going on-

2- German media reported it was the rebels who fired at Turkey. The source later changed it's report to say it was most likely the Syrian forces, but initially they claimed it was the 'rebels' who were responsible.

3- The weapons fired into Turkey are NATO design. They were given to the 'rebels' by the turksih military, so it's increasingly likely the attacks were carried out by the 'rebels' to gain support for Turkish Military intervention.

I suspect your post has some validity to it, however, gotta be careful when declaring 'facts'. I also suspect that conclusive evidence to back up these 'facts' could prove elusive?

Look, i'm just as suspicious as the next but unless you've got hard evidence then i'm afraid it's a case of he said she said!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Double
edit on 9/10/12 by logicalview because: Ahh double post!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well if Turkey wants a war they can have one.

Syria is no pushover and they have no problem shooting down Turkish fighter jets.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I heard different. I heard they apologized and claimed responsibility for the "mistake". I don't buy apologizing for the sake of a war. You accomplish the same goal and distance yourself by denying involvement and offering aid and a full investigation into the matter. Apologizing for an action your not responsible follows no logic. In fact they could have even gone out and accused the rebels outright but they didn't even try.

You telling me they could kill thousands of their own citizens but decide to cop a plea to Turkey when they had no involvement. No dice.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
I heard different. I heard they apologized and claimed responsibility for the "mistake". I don't buy apologizing for the sake of a war. You accomplish the same goal and distance yourself by denying involvement and offering aid and a full investigation into the matter. Apologizing for an action your not responsible follows no logic. In fact they could have even gone out and accused the rebels outright but they didn't even try.

You telling me they could kill thousands of their own citizens but decide to cop a plea to Turkey when they had no involvement. No dice.

The video link clearly shows what the Minister of Information states- that they do not know who was responsible for the initial attack against Turkey. He says what happened has happened and he apologies to the turkish people, but Syria does not accept responsibility because they are not sure who fired the mortar.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Well if Turkey wants a war they can have one.

That would be funny (at NATO's expense) if the threat of an invasion solidified the Syrians and ended the "revolution".

top topics

join