It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks being attack via DDOS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can confirm that at least one bank is currently being attacked through a Denial of Service (DDoS). I work for a comapny that partners with banks and the DDoS attack is impacting our ability to service our customers.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is happening now.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Going directly to their site gets you:

MAKING A FEW ADJUSTMENTS
WE’LL BE DONE SOON.

We’re making a few updates to our homepage, but you can still log in to your account.

Call us...we’re here to help. We expect to restore service soon if you’d prefer to check back later.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
lloyds, halifax, RBS, have all been effected this week.

Ive had trouble login into my lloyds account for about a week

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Huh? Pardon my n00b-ness to ATS but is this somehow considered descriptive enough for a post?

Some unnamed bank or some unknown value servicing unknown number of customers getting DDoSed right now.

That could be posted via bot and be just as true and useful 24/7.

What am I missing? Why was this posted? -Mags

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

Because I would consider a DDoS attack on a big bank to be news worthy. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
reply to post by Insurrection

Because I would consider a DDoS attack on a big bank to be news worthy. Just my opinion.

OK but why leave out any details to help determine the relative impact? Or to at least allow people to look for sources and help determine if it's another run-of-the-mill DDoS or something else? It was the blatant vagueness that surprised me. -Mags

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Trying to be careful. As I stated I'm employed with a company that works with said bank. Don't want to violate any type of agreement if you will.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Trying to be careful. As I stated I'm employed with a company that works with said bank. Don't want to violate any type of agreement if you will.

If you hadn't mentioned it nobody would have been any the wiser.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Lloyds in the UK still has issues, i just lost my card in a bank machine!!!

It allowed me to try and get money (enter PIN, and amount to withdraw), but before it gave it to me, the screen went blank...ate my card, made a few weird sounds and then went back to the welcome screen.

Checked my online account when i got back in (in a bad mood) and the money left my account, and was debited straight back as a correction.

Just had to cancel my card, and now have to wait 5 days for a new one!! NOT IMPRESSED!!

There is something going on. Last week i couldnt transfer money, withdraw money OR use my card.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n

If you hadn't mentioned it nobody would have been any the wiser.

Seriously? If you hadn't replied, nobody would have known a thing about the new uh, guy.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm monitoring this thread and reporting back to superiors.
Please don't mind me.

new topics

top topics

join