It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's count the crazies in the GOP...so far I have 20.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think the one thread that ties all these fellows together is the Roman Catholic Faith and kind of getting strength and the "right" to hold these "wrong" beliefs or whatever the Popes and Bishops tell them because of some divine decree or permission

The thing that ties all these crazies together is religious connection.

I see people supporting them none the less and yet if I created or started a thread on religion and how great it is I would sit here getting condemnation for believing in an invisible man.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't do this. Stop falling into (and setting) these ridiculous traps.

Vote republican=vote for your own doom.
Vote democrat=vote for your own doom.

There is no difference. They are one party, united by the manufactured conflict they inject into the sheeple masses. Only armed insurrection will change anything now, and no one's willing to go there, yet. The power is far too entrenched. The "change" you think you're making at the voting booth is only the "change" they've approved, and it's not real. It's all a farce, from either party, any candidate with D or R behind their names, and even quite a few ones with "I" behind it as well (cough cough, Lieberman, cough cough). Having a Tea Party or Occupy affiliation will not help either. Anyone who is approved to be on a ballot either has no chance of winning or is a puppet. The end.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Allen West and Paul Ryan arent crazy.
The rest of the list ... they could be crazy or they just aren't too bright.

Someone should start a list of the 'crazies in the Dems' ... theirs are more colorful than the Republican crazies. The Republican nutters are just the kind you shake your head at and roll your eyes. The democrat crazies are the ones that you just bust out laughing because what they say and do while 'crazy' is so darn entertaining.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes...Barney frank is gay...not sure what the story is there? That he once paid a gay prostitute?

See the difference is that Barney Frank came out, and he himself called for an investigation into his involvement with the gay prosititute...so that the truth was out there.

Larry Kraig....refuses to to admit being gay, while screaming about the dignity of marriage, bashing gay people and seeking BJs from cops in airport Bathrooms.....

Still can't tell the difference?

So talking about corruption in politics but getting a pass for using your position to get 30 parking tickets cleared is ethical? "Investigating himself?" LOL. It was damage control when the prostitute was about to spill the beans.

Still can't see ethical violations in your side of the fence? Kraig was drummed out of his party, Frank was covered for. Still can't see the ethical difference on the two sides? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You still don't get it. Was Barney Frank unethical in paying for sex? Sure...Did he pull strings to get parking tickets wiped...yep..Lots of politicians do it. Did this prostitute try to blackmail him...yes...what did he do? he outed himself, shared everything that happened and asked the congressional ethics office to conduct a full investigation.

NOW...the difference in "crazy" is that Barney Frank was not looking to LEGISLATE that prostitution should be legal etc.

When Paul Broun sits on the Senate Committe for Science and Technology says...
"God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. "

or Todd Akin...WHO ALSO SITS ON the Committee on Science, Space and Technology says women who get raped can't get pregnant....

We got a real problem here folks...These people are making decisions on Science and Technology for our entire COUNTRY...300 Million plus people rely on these folks to be experts in this field, decide where research should focus...Where funds are directed...what science deserves grants etc.

That kind of crazy is a whole different animal than Barney Frank hiring a hooker years ago.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by NavyDoc

You still don't get it. Was Barney Frank unethical in paying for sex? Sure...Did he pull strings to get parking tickets wiped...yep..Lots of politicians do it. Did this prostitute try to blackmail him...yes...what did he do? he outed himself, shared everything that happened and asked the congressional ethics office to conduct a full investigation.

NOW...the difference in "crazy" is that Barney Frank was not looking to LEGISLATE that prostitution should be legal etc.

When Paul Broun sits on the Senate Committe for Science and Technology says...
"God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. "

or Todd Akin...WHO ALSO SITS ON the Committee on Science, Space and Technology says women who get raped can't get pregnant....

We got a real problem here folks...These people are making decisions on Science and Technology for our entire COUNTRY...300 Million plus people rely on these folks to be experts in this field, decide where research should focus...Where funds are directed...what science deserves grants etc.

That kind of crazy is a whole different animal than Barney Frank hiring a hooker years ago.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

So criminal acts, ethics violations, and outright corruption are cool if you are not on a particular comittee?

Okay, that's cool I guess. Let's take another tack: by your logic you would agree with me that Carolyn McCarthy ahs no business legislating on guns because she knows nothing about them:

And that Hank Johnson has no business being on the Armed Services committee because he believes Guam will tip over if it has too Many Marines on it? Yes?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Let's not forget the 30 republicans who voted AGAINST an anti gang rape amendment in a spending bill.

www.republicansforrape.org...

Including my personal favorite, John "Pro Gang Rape" McCain.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Everyone on your list pales in comparison to Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden.

Personally, I am much more concerned about corruption than people who mis-speak once in a blue moon.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Let's not forget the 30 republicans who voted AGAINST an anti gang rape amendment in a spending bill.

www.republicansforrape.org...

Including my personal favorite, John "Pro Gang Rape" McCain.

You know, that is pretty disingenuous.

From your link:

Below is the list of thirty legislators who were brave enough to stand up in defense of rape and vote against Senator Al Franken's anti-rape amendment to the 2010 Defense Appropriations bill. We applaud these courageous men! Roll over the portraits with your mouse to see the Senator's phone number, or click on a portrait to visit the Senator's contact page. We encourage you to send your kind words to these gentlemen!

Actual text of the bill:

AMENDMENT PURPOSE:
To prohibit the use of funds for any Federal contract with Halliburton Company, KBR, Inc., any of their subsidiaries or affiliates, or any other contracting party if such contractor or a subcontractor at any tier under such contract requires that employees or independent contractors sign mandatory arbitration clauses regarding certain claims.

SA 2588. Mr. FRANKEN (for himself and Ms. Landrieu) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill H.R. 3326, making appropriations for the Department of Defense for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2010, and for other purposes; as follows:

On page 245, between lines 8 and 9, insert the following:

Sec. 8104. (a) None of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used for any existing or new Federal contract if the contractor or a subcontractor at any tier requires that an employee or independent contractor, as a condition of employment, sign a contract that mandates that the employee or independent contractor performing work under the contract or subcontract resolve through arbitration any claim under title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or any tort related to or arising out of sexual assault or harassment, including assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, false imprisonment, or negligent hiring, supervision, or retention.

[Page: S10070] GPO's PDF (b) The prohibition in subsection (a) does not apply with respect to employment contracts that may not be enforced in a court of the United States.

So Franking puts in the widely sweeping poison pill amendment to a defense appropriations bill that forbids arbitration on anything from sexual assault to negligent hiring and retention, making this a hugely restrictive amendment to all of DOD to include contractors that may be working in a battlefield and may not even want or think it wise to have women there and you people call this a "Pro-rape vote?" That is not just disingenuous, that is outright deceptive and it is shameful that people like Frankin use such a serious situation as rape to make political hay.

What do you expect from a jerk like this (speaking of insane politicians.)

"Pro gang-rape?" My God, what a stupid thing to say.
edit on 9-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Nothing that can compare to this level of incompetency and deceit.
Just unfit to do their jobs and quite dangerous to boot. Nothing that has such a direct and devastating impact on us all. I wouldn't call someone guilty of a crime or even a poor choice or a mistake, hell someone caught having sex is not such an immediate and critical danger to the rest of us as these "job creator" supporters are. They don't mean small business. Job Creators is just a euphemism for....THE RICH. You get that don't you? You are not going to get a job, you are going to get a pay cut.

I'll answer you like this.

EVERY POLITICIAN IS CORRUPT

Why?
Because they don't get paid by you or me. They get paid by PRIVATE ENTITIES. They get a share of the tens of billions in lobbyist money that is showered on legislators every year.

As far as creating jobs goes, "THE RICH" are ALL split between the parties. "THE RICH" are "ALWAYS" protected from taxes. Democrats and Republicans alike. The RICH don't give a damn about tax hikes because they have the tax laws on their side.

The middle class CREATES SMALL BUSINESS. The middle class CREATES JOBS. The middle class needs protection from the psychos that run this funny farm. BOTH sides of the nut ward.

I will vote for the side that is closest to preventing me, as a middle class citizen who works and pays taxes, from becoming an entitlement/welfare case. I will vote for the side that doesn't penalize me for wanting to be more than a wage slave.

You get that don't you? You won't get a pay cut. You will be unemployed.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

So Franking puts in the widely sweeping poison pill amendment to a defense appropriations bill that forbids arbitration on anything from sexual assault to negligent hiring and retention, making this a hugely restrictive amendment to all of DOD to include contractors that may be working in a battlefield and may not even want or think it wise to have women there and you people call this a "Pro-rape vote?" That is not just disingenuous, that is outright deceptive and it is shameful that people like Frankin use such a serious situation as rape to make political hay.

So, when a woman is locked in a shipping container and repeatedly gang raped while in the employ of Haliburton or some other defense contractor, they should have no recourse but arbitration with the company that hired the thugs that gang raped her?

Pro Gang Rape is quite the apt statement for those 30 that voted against this bill. I don't want MY tax dollars going to a company to hide vicious assaults like this instead of having the person be able to go to the authorities and seeking damages for horrific acts upon their person.

But that's kinda been the whole agenda of the GOP lately hasn't it? Trying to steal a woman's right to govern her own body away from her.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

F&S for the OP! It just seems as though the list of GOPers willing to publicly spout off crazy crap is never ending.

On the other hand, I really think that these guys are just the tip of the iceberg because IMO, anyone who is a member of the GOP who doesn't publicly denounce this crazy rhetoric is every bit as crazy as the one who is actually spouting it off and the reason they don't denounce it, is because they actually agree with it.

The whole damn party has gone to hell in a hand basket as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Don't forget all of the hopefuls who believed god told them to run for president.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by NavyDoc

So, when a woman is locked in a shipping container and repeatedly gang raped while in the employ of Haliburton or some other defense contractor, they should have no recourse but arbitration with the company that hired the thugs that gang raped her?

Pro Gang Rape is quite the apt statement for those 30 that voted against this bill. I don't want MY tax dollars going to a company to hide vicious assaults like this instead of having the person be able to go to the authorities and seeking damages for horrific acts upon their person.

But that's kinda been the whole agenda of the GOP lately hasn't it? Trying to steal a woman's right to govern her own body away from her.

Iit is disingenuous and an outright lie that those representatives are for gang rape. What you are describing is a criminal act but the Frankin emendement had nothing to do with criminal acts.

The DOD bill was about funding the military, not about Franking trying to make up a cause. The Franking amendment was banning arbitration in an employment contract FOR ANY REASON. Of course reasonable people shot it down...it was stupid, had nothing to do with military funding, and was too overreaching. Any sensible person would have voted against it on those reasons.

Calling people "gang rape supporters" for voting against Frankin's leftist, agenda driven bill, is not just disingenuous, but an outright lie. Either you were too stupid to read the bill, believing a hysterial, agenda driven website, our you are intentionally being untruthfull.

Assholes like Frankin using something horrible such as rape to make a political point is shameful and deceitful.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
S&F

For the first time in my life I intend to show up at the polling station without a photo ID, walk into the voting booth and, with one press of a button, vote Democrat across the board. A referendum, in deed!

I don't like it, but it has to be done.

Well lets hope 20 other people use your voting info too so that you can get more for the buck so to speak.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Don't do this. Stop falling into (and setting) these ridiculous traps.

Vote republican=vote for your own doom.
Vote democrat=vote for your own doom.

There is no difference. They are one party, united by the manufactured conflict they inject into the sheeple masses. Only armed insurrection will change anything now, and no one's willing to go there, yet. The power is far too entrenched. The "change" you think you're making at the voting booth is only the "change" they've approved, and it's not real. It's all a farce, from either party, any candidate with D or R behind their names, and even quite a few ones with "I" behind it as well (cough cough, Lieberman, cough cough). Having a Tea Party or Occupy affiliation will not help either. Anyone who is approved to be on a ballot either has no chance of winning or is a puppet. The end.

That's what they want you to think. One of them anyway. Funny the connection these guys have with the Church. They sound ignorant for no apparent reason. We all know how evil the Church can be. Maybe there is something to it?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Don't forget all of the hopefuls who believed god told them to run for president.

Or that you can wash away the gay! LOL

These are throwbacks, neanderthals if you believe in them, to an earlier, cruder time when we thought the world was flat, foreigners were strange and women don't belong in the workplace.
edit on 9-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That idea is too fair and logical. Ideas like this are always ignored. People in power are always close minded and self-serving.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That is not really true. It is a lie designed to make people lose hope in the system and not support their heroes.
When you want to stop an enemy from fighting you take out their leaders.

That's to an effect what you and others try to do here. If people rally behind a cause everyone is on board with there is nothing that can stop them getting what they want. That's very dangerous.
There are good people but you have to keep eyes open and look for them.
There are honest politicians and good people and those who do not have a selfish bone in their body.
Many people who go into civil service are idealistic starting out. You remember when you cared and stood for something. You think that is enough. Sometimes it is.
I am not saying they don't get corrupted while in office and subject to temptation. Term limits are a great idea for that precise reason. Some sooner than others but again you can't make a blanket statement and say they all do because some even after a lifetime in office remain un-corruptible.
edit on 9-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The democrat crazies are the ones that you just bust out laughing because what they say and do while 'crazy' is so darn entertaining.
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sarah Palin and George Bush Jr weren't laughable? Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join