It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betty Hill passes away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Betty Hill,dubbed the "Grandmother of Ufology",and half of the Barney and Betty Hill abduction case,passed away from cancer.Mrs.Hill and her husband Barney,became famous as being the first high profile alien abduction victims to report their story and gain widespread noteriety back in the early 60's.She has since maintained her story and been a great mouthpiece for the ufological community.She will be missed.

www.rense.com...

[edit on 17-10-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I guess she was permanently "abducted" this time...

R.I.P

[edit on 17/10/04 by phlake]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What a sad day for UFOlogists everywhere. Happy trails, Betty, and thanks for sparking a trend that will, IMHO, lead to a better and more adventurous future one day!

As the late D.Adams once said:

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you for informing us of this unpleasent news. Where ever she is, lets hope she found what she was looking for.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I hadn't heard about this - thanks for posting it.

The story of the Hills was one of the first abduction stories I heard in my youth. It was terrifying and fascinating all at the same time.

Godspeed to Mrs. Hill and may she finally have the answers to all her questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Didn't know about this.

[edit on 113131p://17u16 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
She will be missed by the UFO committee
. It was her that made everyone come out of their shells to tell their story. Since she was the first one to do it, everyone else after her did not have to worry about being labeled insane or anything of that matter. If it wasn't for her, this subject might not be as interesting as it is today. May she rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oddly enough I had a thought about Betty Hill dying this very morning before I read about this news. No real reason to even be thinking of her as I hadn't even read anything about her for months. Coincidence, collective unconscious event, or something else, thats unique for me.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
One of the few abduction cases I have no trouble believing...she certainly made her case... Good luck Betty...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Betty & John Mack are probably having one heck of a discussion.

So many witnesses and experts die, never having all their questions answered...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
R. I. P Betty Hill.

One of the only abduction cases I ever really read into, for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
She was one of the first cases that I actually read and really sparked my interest for UFO's. She was a great woman who lived a great legacy. She will always be remembered.

R.I.P. Betty

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
She knows ALL the answers now.

new topics

top topics

join