It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[UNBELIEVABLE] Hillary Clinton Laughs Hysterically About Possible War Against Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The laughter seems to be in reaction to the audience holding their breath to hear whether the democrat in the room will agree that military action needs to be taken, not about said action itself. It's laughter at the very obvious political minefield the question represents to a sitting democratic secretary of state shortly before an election.

That said, the issue is no laughing matter, and even though the context of the laughter isn't exactly what I think people are interpreting it to be, I think it should given a much more solemn and sober tone whenever it's addressed. We are, after all, talking about the deaths of a lot of human beings if military confrontation ends up being the result of this whole mess.

And before anyone asks, no, I am not defending her or taking a political side or anything else that has been suggested with regard to others who have made similar comments in this topic. I'm merely expressing my impression of why the laughter happened.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Clinton's laughing in acknowledgement of the way the warmonger puts her on the spot; Making it clear that a decision to go to war falls in big part to her, so her answer will be loaded whatever she says.

Sure she may be evil or lovely - i don't really know, but this is not the evidence to base such an opinion upon!

edit on 11-10-2012 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I don't think the Obama administration would ever overtly war with Iran when there are still some options left on the table though. People are simply tired of war. its noisy, expensive, and accomplishes little in the end.
But

What makes you think that?

Which people are tired of it? Not all people, clearly.

Accomplishes little? What about the guys who build the tanks and the guns and the rounds and the planes and the bombs and the jackets and the.... or the shareholders in such businesses?

War has always been a very profitable industry for those who are in positions of power great enough to keep themselves and their families out of the way of the bloodshed. Such wars will ALWAYS be popular until a time when they are no longer profitable or desirable for such people, or until the costs of such a war are too great for them. And with the amount of cash some of these people have, even a man-made nuclear apocalypse is "survivable."

Some writers on the subject would even suggest that most, if not all of the major war's we've engaged in since WWI have been started partly or wholly in the name of profit.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Rulkiewicz
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I think you're overlooking the fact that.... one second he's talking the political jargon... then he closes with "we take them out". In my opinion, he went from "Business man" to "Southern boy".

I would have laughed if I was in her position too.

Yep. I don't like any of those in power, I view them all as nothing more than self-serving hypocrites who would sell their own grandmothers for their own ego.

However, this video has CLEARLY been edited, and not very cleverly either.

Besides that poorly done cut and paste job, she is laughing at the man next to her, and she clearly states that attacking Iran would be like emboldening the regime and the opinions of Iran's supporters.

I think someone tried to make a propaganda video, and they failed miserably.

Finally, I read all the way to this post and that's what I said...'finally'. Someone sees this video as a poor cut and paste editing job to freak everybody out. It was so obvious to me that I couldn't believe most people didn't spot the splices.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Poodoodles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Poodoodles

Finally, I read all the way to this post and that's what I said...'finally'. Someone sees this video as a poor cut and paste editing job to freak everybody out. It was so obvious to me that I couldn't believe most people didn't spot the splices.

Finally too, I am able to conclude then that all the middle eastern invasions and spilling of blood and treasure (on both sides) has really only been one badly done "cut and paste" job.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow dude, you totally mis-read the conversation.

She laughed because the interviewer tried to bring her in on the debate on the back of the "take them out" statement.

Nothing more.

And then we get editing conspiracies OMG this forum is UNBELIEVABLE!

"spot the splices" OMG, you guys are hilarious.

Geez.
edit on 11-10-2012 by R0CKY because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2012 by R0CKY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Hillary, but, in my opinion, she is laughing due to an "Oh crap, how can I answer this after an answer like that?" type-moment...and not for the reason suggested in the thread title...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

GOOD for her. Her reaction was 100% appropriate and the perfect reaction .. for people with a brain.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join