It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Reveals: Aspartame Damages The Brain at Any Dose!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I remembered reading an article about Sodium Cyclamate being removed as bad for us only to find later that it was only bad if mixed with nutrisweet or something like that. It is still used in many parts of the world and Sodium cyclamate is now proven to be a lot safer than most sweeteners. I remember drinking it when I was a kid. No aftertaste at all, almost like it was edible, not like the crap they use now.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Sorry that was not to you, i got disrupt.
But i wanted to say to you that in that logic of sweatting every dangerous chemicals comes out without harming your body, also radioactive radiation, DDT etc.. wrong

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Agreed, except...I never said that!

What's better...to have it damage your tissues, shuffle around over time, and bio-accumulate...or to excrete it out in one final bout of suffering and be done with it?!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Sweatting is good for you. Just some toxics take longer time to get rid of and some are stuck in you till you die and beyond.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I agree with Liberals, we need more regulations!!!

Oh wait... it's lobbyists that got execs from giant corporations to hold seats in regulatory committes and that's how Aspartame god FDA approved.....

ok never mind.... i'm not with Liberals anymore
wow.. I think I was in the twillight zone for like 8 seconds there!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
the title says "new study reveals"...... did i miss something in the article?? i don't see a study anywhere. the info in the article is stuff i've been saying for over 10 years.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Surprise? More like commonplace in the modern world. Even with easy access to information on a global scale, the majority doesn't dig deep enough to care for such exposed corruption. Unless the "corruption" involves a politician having an affair or leaking a nude photo.

The FDA could literally approve a new synthetic chemical that renders half of your brain useless from the first dose, and get away with it. It's simply the way of the power-structure to feed off each-other, and the system, like symbiotic parasites; ones without any morality or sense of greater-good. There's no such thing as the greater good in a unfettered capitalist, corporatist plutocracy. Or better yet, pathocracy.

The merging of government and corporate powers results in a structure that favors power & control over anything else. Some say we need more regulations, then the regulations are raised like towering walls - with one or two doors that only the financial/political elite have keys to.

As for aspartame, I've avoided any product with it like the plague ever since I found out it was toxic.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

they gave some of the rats 1000mg a day... the FDA says it's safe up to 7.8mg/a day.

I think as long as you're not drinking 1000+ cans of soda a day, you're gonna be fine...
edit on 9-10-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

please go research the word cumulative..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I bought one of these a month or so ago, SodaStream, because I live in the middle of nowhere and it's a pain to haul two litre soda bottles around... one additional benefit is that the diet flavours use sucralose (Splenda,) not aspartame, and I figure I've got at least five years before the studies come out showing that Splenda is going to kill me.

There are already such studies out.

It is nowhere near as natural as they claim.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That is pure bull.. Some chemicals will actually accumulate in various body parts and wont ever come out through sweat. Fluoride is one example of such chemicals which accumulates in pineal gland and bones.

No amount of sweating will ever get fluoride out of your pineal gland.
edit on 9-10-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Bumping for a later read.
I`ve been looking into this for quite a while so looking forward to the post.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I said chemicals can be excreted. This is entirely true. If they reach a soft tissue arra, it will be more diffficult if not impossible. Sweat daily to prevent this from happening!
edit on 9-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was aware of how bad aspartame is but I feel like I can't avoid id. I know that I consume products that contain it every few days. Reason why I consume them is because I am student and I don't have enough money to chose products that I eat every day. Government is partially financing food that students eat in my country but I do not know who decides what can or can't be served to us.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I see nothing in your post that said certain chemicals:

This is BS. Your excretory system has two main channels, via the digestive tract, and through sweating. If one can't pass it through the digestive tract, you can still sweat it out. That's why many people heal these days after high intensity exercise, and sauna therapy.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Forgive me ALL chemicals. This IS true. Read up on it if you don't believe me. Thnx!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lots of sweeteners have "crose" or something simmilar on the end of the word, they do this to make you mentaly link it with glucose, which is natural and harmless.

Dont be fooled.

If it aint natural suger ITS BAD

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman

please go research the word cumulative..

Please look at the study.

The rats were give 1000mg a day for 180 days. that's 180, 000/mg in 6 months. for an animal that weighs what, a few pounds?

The FDA says 7.8, let's call it 8mg/day. For your weight.

If you want to have the same outcome the rate had, you'd have to ingest not 1000/mg, but something like 70,000/mg a day, every day, for 6 months.

or 12,600,000/mg in 6 months.

Now tell me, if I ingest 12 million mg of sugar, or salt or even vitamin c, in 6 months, would there be any side effects?

Basic maths vs fearmongering.

I am all for government regulation of food and drugs, but no human is going to ingest millions of mg of this stuff in 6 months.

btw., to get the same amount, at the FDA max level (8mg/day) would take almost 16 MILLION DAYS.

That's about 43 THOUSAND years.
edit on 9-10-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. In the span of the past decade, I drank, on average, about 4 cases of Diet Pepsi a month. 24-packs, mind you. This would explain why I'm so... not right, up there.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

your math is correct and looking at it like that it would be easy to dismiss.

yet you are neglecting the fact aspartame as well as other artificial sweeteners are ever more present in processed foods and general consumption items. small doses do stack up

you are also ignoring the fact that aspartame is highly addictive.

when i was growing up one chewing gum would entertain you for an hour, these days people go over one entire pack in an hour. as with other examples of junk food filled with it.

all those small and harmless doses stack up and are not easily flushed by the organism, add that to other chemicals and poisons present in food and you still want to bypass this toxic cocktail as harmless?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join