It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Reveals: Aspartame Damages The Brain at Any Dose!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

New Study Reveals: Aspartame Damages The Brain at Any Dose!

www.collective-evolution.com

Did you know that Aspartame has been proven to cause brain damage by leaving traces of Methanol in the blood? It makes you wonder why Aspartame has been approved as “safe” and is found in thousands of food products. Currently more than 90 countries have given the artificial sweetener the “OK” to be used in foods.

Formaldehyde is what is causing the brain damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.uabmedicine.org
www.mpwhi.com
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well I think we all knew the dangers of aspartame already but I thought I would post this latest study concerning how and why this drug is so dangerous to the average human.

With all of the research about Aspartame and its dangerous effects, even in small quantities, why is it still approved by the FDA and other health agencies as being safe for human consumption?

An Aspartame molecule is essentially made up of 3 different substances. 90% of it is made of two natural amino acids, 1 being aspartic acid and the other being phenylalanine. The other 10% of the molecule is made up of a methyl ester bond (includes Methanol). The methanol is released from the aspartame within hours of consumption and begins traveling through the body via the blood. Once the methyl ester bond is broken, is separtes into methyl alcohol and methanol (wood alcohol). The big problem with methanol is that it easily passes into your blood-brain barrier and once there, is converted into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is what is causing the brain damage. While animals are able to detoxify methanol in the body, humans do not have this capability. It doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to realize that accumulating formaldehyde in the brain is not a good thing.

How can you know you are getting too much Methanol? You may experience headaches, ear buzzing, dizziness, nausea, gastrointestinal disturbances, weakness, vertigo, chills, memory lapses, numbness and shooting pains in the extremities, behavioral disturbances, and neuritis. Another very well known sign of methanol poisoning is vision problems.

Adding to the problem, one of the amino acids in aspartame, aspartic acid is capable of crossing your blood-brain barrier. There it attacks your brain cells, creating a form of cellular overstimulation called excitotoxicity, which can lead to cell death.

It can be easy for us to make the argument that this stuff is OK in small doses, and it hasn’t killed us yet so it can’t be that bad. But it almost seems there is something more to it why we use this reasoning. Are we just addicted to these substances? Afraid to admit we have been poisoning ourselves? Unable to accept that the FDA and health agencies have lied to us? Like to brush these truths off as conspiracies? No matter what the reason is, there comes a point where we must see what is staring us in the face and start looking at how we can begin making new choices. Returning to something that is healthier and more in line with our bodies. We are really damaging ourselves here and becoming quite numb to life. It is susbstances like Aspartame and Fluoride that are causing these issues and the difference it makes to avoid these substances is monumental for our quality of life and consciousness.

Peace

www.collective-evolution.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I never cared for the aftertaste of that crap.

I won't let my kids have it. Might as well give them a shot of wood alcohol.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Here are some more interesting facts to back up your OP.....

January 1981-- Donald Rumsfeld, CEO of Searle, states in a sales meeting that he is going to make a big push to get aspartame approved within the year. Rumsfeld says he will use his political pull in Washington, rather than scientific means, to make sure it gets approved.

Interesting how the war criminal Rumsfeld pushed to get this approved for human consumption.

How Aspartame Became
Legal - The Timeline

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
if you or your kids chew gum, you're ingesting it

Read the labels folks

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
None of the artificial sweeteners are safe, they all are more damaging than benefical to metabolism.
We have been tought skipping sugar and adding these sweeteners to our diet, we won´t be obesity and its easier to manage diabetes etc.

People think after they have had diet soda they are allowed to have something sweet like cakes, what artificial sweeteners do is they actually boost the metabolism to digest the sugar from the cakes etc this gives the high spike in bloodglucose levels and if you are allready diabetic etc this is not good for you. Sweeteners have increased risk of type 2 diabetes 67%.

People who use a lot of sweeteners crave sweet more than those who only use sugar. Sweeteners also changes the way we taste. Normal sugar doesn´t taste so sweet anymore.

They all have side effects which are not really well informed. Even Stevia which is marketed to be safe and natural, in some test have had mutagenic compound. Aspartame has been linked to many autistic disorders and ADHD and ADD.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I bought one of these a month or so ago, SodaStream, because I live in the middle of nowhere and it's a pain to haul two litre soda bottles around... one additional benefit is that the diet flavours use sucralose (Splenda,) not aspartame, and I figure I've got at least five years before the studies come out showing that Splenda is going to kill me.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
if you or your kids chew gum, you're ingesting it

Read the labels folks

Especially if you see 'light' on the label.
I have to watch my kids in the grocery store, they will grab yogurt, specifically labeled for kids... and it has aspartame in it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Splenda has organochlorine compounds, your body can´t detoxify it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thank God that I'm allergic to that crap, along with any other artificial sweeteners.

I really hope that more people learn to stay away from that stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Assumptions made in this thread:

1. All gum contains aspartame.

Incorrect. The last time I looked at gum from the local market, this was correct. It doesn't mean you can't find gum that doesn't contain aspartame. A quick google search proves this to be true.

2. Your body can't detoxify certain chemicals.

This is BS. Your excretory system has two main channels, via the digestive tract, and through sweating. If one can't pass it through the digestive tract, you can still sweat it out.

That's why many people heal these days after high intensity exercise, and sauna therapy.

Try to sweat each day in some way. Be sure to wipe off the sweat directly after this activity is through.

The only drawback to this is that vitamin-d will lay on the skin and takes up to 48 hours to be fully absorbed. So I would suggest first reaching a certain degree of health, then allowing the stench to continue, and forgo a bath/shower for at least a few hours.
edit on 9-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka

Well, thanks a lot, killjoy. Now what am I going to do with my redundant soda maker?

Actually, I'm not too concerned with my body not detoxifying something, whatever that means.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by dollukka

Well, thanks a lot, killjoy. Now what am I going to do with my redundant soda maker?

Actually, I'm not too concerned with my body not detoxifying something, whatever that means.
Use sugar and drink less.
If you are diabetic, make the soda without sweetener. It is flavored seltzer water.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

why wait 5 years, its an artificial chemical that the body cant process,, its not going to be good for you!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I have come to the point where I only use pure Stevia liquid extract from a health store, not even the "stevia in the raw" stuff on the grocery shelf, as that's not pure stevia.

I, too, am waiting for the "it will kill you" report to come out on that.

There's a woman from South Africa who waits out at my kids' bus stop in the mornings who is a health nut. She doesn't vaccinate her kids, no medicines, no chemicals if she can avoid them and she tells me Stevia isn't good for me. I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Splenda doesn't contain aspertame.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Splenda
rense.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

What's your point

Nothing in that article disputed what I said.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by dollukka

What's your point

Nothing in that article disputed what I said.

There was no point - what you posted wasn't disputable (maybe someone could nit out a few more details or perspective but that's about it).

Relative risk is all that matters here - period. Humans have become horrible at recognizing and categorizing risk. If you're already obese and sweeteners are somewhere on the step-ladder to success - more power to you. If you're not obese and use sweeteners to cheat - maybe reconsider. All in all with all the environmental risks (as in your whole habitation and daily routine) most people rank these sort of risks entirely too high relative to their other practices.

The bogey man is relative to the other scary monsters (and clowns) in your life. ;-) -Mags
edit on 9-10-2012 by Insurrection because: Test edit, getting used to ATS.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
it disgusts me the fact it's also pretty much aimed at the younger generations...
it's in everything from soft drinks, to bubble gum, chips, sweets, chocolate, ice cream and even kids toothpaste.
and the gullible parents keep buying it for them...

the agenda is to push "sugarfree" and "light" as healthy, but i read it as a poison label.

but i was well aware of this, before the artificial sweeteners trend i was already weary of such chemical switches
like coffee without caffeine or booze without alcohol.

the western society is made to believe that we are exposed to small therefore harmless doses of chemicals, the problem is there's small doses everywhere and they all amount to a big exposure.

that's why these days everything causes cancer, except that plant we can't talk about on ats.
but not only i watch what i put in my mouth, i also watch what i put in my body.

"don't put anything in your body that you wouldn't in your mouth"

now you all go have a taste of your cosmetics and hygiene products

edit on 9-10-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join