It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan to Demolish UK Built Schools…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Could there be a more fitting tribute to the reality of UK troops efforts in Afghanistan than the televised detonation of school British troops had died to construct as the last troop carrier flees?
And for it to be done not by the Taliban (they would execute you just for having a TV) but our beloved Karzai government?

Dozens of UK-built schools and clinics in Afghanistan may be closed as the government cannot afford to maintain them, a confidential report revealed. They were built for a ‘hearts and minds’ campaign that cost the UK hundreds of millions of dollars. rt.com...
Nevermind lives (as I don’t think most people ignoring this war, do).

To See “Google Censorship” In Action…
Just Google: Afghanistan demolish UK school –there’s nothing about this story on the first 7 pages (at least).

So…
I think it’s fair to say (that as far as any news story reaches us) this one must really infuriate the powers that be –i.e. someone, somewhere, is plainly ordering a computer to push up the ratings of other stories with these keywords.

Back to the Story
It’s interesting Afghanistan doesn’t have money because it has over a trillion dollars of known untapped mineral reserves

The nation is sitting on vast reserves of oil, gold, iron ore, copper, lithium, rare earths and other minerals www.mining.com...
However 3 trillion dollars is a more recent estimate…
www.google.com...

Very interesting because…
Afghanistan has a population of just 35,320,445 meaning every trillion is 28,312.21 for every man, woman, baby. So 3 trillion dollars is $84,936.64

Even more interesting because…
en.wikipedia.org...(nominal)_per_capita
Afghanistan’s current GDP per capita (average income, per person, per year) is depending on your source 585, 576 and 600 dollars a year. en.wikipedia.org...(nominal)_per_capita
I.e. an average estimate of $587 Yep this is how successful the country is being run under occupation-democracy!

Anyhow: 84,936.64221954168 therefore equals 144.69 years of Afghan salary per adult-child –never mind compound interest, and the fact minerals are only going to get more expensive as world demand for them increases.

But Perhaps Not Surprising…
It is worth realising that the reason why the 433 men & woman on this military list have died www.bbc.co.uk...

Which is 6.36 times more than the 68 UK deaths on 911
en.wikipedia.org...
And 8.32 times more than died on the London jihad attacks
en.wikipedia.org... (mostly the result of our efforts in Iraq)

Is not simply because UK troops are (presumably) worth (to our government) at least as many times less than terrorist civilian casualties, nor to simply introduce democracy into Afghanistan (if that had been the case we would have stuck with simply arming the Northern Alliance en.wikipedia.org... which had been fighting the Taliban long before we got there) but they have fallen for a particular kind of democracy –a carbon copy of something you might find in e.g. Western Europe. This would (if it worked) make it easier for Western businessmen to do business there (if Afghan’s government, actually worked like our own where you have a single e.g. transport minister for transport, other guy for defence ect).

Because the problem is, Afghanistan (even with the people we’ve put there) does not work anything like the West, for starters their president is “the world’s best dressed” heroine dealer…

Mr Karzai and his attorney general had both allowed “dangerous individuals to go free or re-enter the battlefield without ever facing an Afghan court”, it was claimed.
The release of five border policemen caught with 273lb of heroin and the dismissal of charges against the son of a wealthy supporter particularly angered the United States embassy in Kabul. www.telegraph.co.uk...

The policemen were tried, convicted and each was sentenced to 16 to 18 years in prison, but Karzai "pardoned all five of them on the grounds that they were distantly related to two individuals who had been martyred during the civil war," the cable said. www.guardian.co.uk...
Here’s the cable: www.guardian.co.uk...

Of Course…
If the fact Afghanistan’s Heroine production had risen from a tiny 185 Taliban tonnes, to 5800 (as of February) www.dailymail.co.uk... was anything more than a PR problem; then the West’s military (let alone scientists) have more than enough resources to do something about it…

October 2000 The UK and the US are funding research on a new biological weapon in an effort to destroy the heroin trade.
The research, by former Soviet scientists in Uzbekistan, is being supervised by the United Nations Drug Control Programme (UNDCP).
Then again they may have finally taken obvious advice…

2010 He said the disease - a fungus - is thought to have infected about half of the country's poppy crop. Afghanistan produces 92% of the world's opium.

Killer fungus is no mystery to Afghan poppy growers
Afghanistan's opium producers believe they are victims of a biological attack by the United States www.guardian.co.uk... my veins (I mean heart!) goes out to them!

Even So: With this country's democratically elected, president (effectively) a glorified, corner shop knife, point robbing, drug dealer; is it any surprise UK schools soldiers are being demolished (whilst with both Aid & the cost of war, public services are being cut over here)?
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: Formatting

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The economy of Afghanistan depends on making youth of the globe numb and useless.

I am really happy that Iran is making a complete wall in it's border with this country.

I think it is time for the Afghan people to stand on their feet.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ages ago I spoke with a soldier about why Afghanistan will never be a democracy… “You’ll never have democracy over there, because the way they’ve done business for thousands of years, and always will do business, is if you were a politician, and you wanted to get elected, you’d simply make the tribal elders a “gift”. The elders will call a meeting, and if your bribe is most promising they will simply instruct the rest of the tribe to vote for you. Nobody puts a gun to these people’s heads but 99% do what they are told out of tribal loyalty”.

You can then look at politics in Iraq where it’s usually easier to talk about things that one fraction or the other did centuries ago, and then invest in some explosives (rather than campaign leaflets) so that in a few days time (when the other side retaliates) you’ll have things to talk about that didn’t happen centuries ago!

One need only look at the world map to see there is not a single functional democracy in a Tribal Society –not just today, but throughout all human history. South Africa is the closest example (because votes are generally counted very fairly) but even that is effectively a one party ANC state (over there, the cultural thing is to vote for the winner –which sadly enough is not too dissimilar to why people always vote Demo-Rep over here i.e. they fear their vote will be “pointless” “wasted” if they actually use it for what’s for i.e. to express themselves!

So…
You can say:

Mid east The economy of Afghanistan depends on making youth of the globe numb and useless.
But given we removed the last regime that was actually against opium, have bombed the place into an even worse condition than before, and very ideologically (against the advice of most people actually experienced in this region) imposed a government that does not work, and basically can’t wait to collapse (once the tens of billion in life support is switched off) they probably shouldn’t have much more sympathy with our idiots buying their opium, than ours have with them being exposed to our e.g. Depletive Uranium.

And for all the fighting…
Zero hijackers came from Afghanistan

The breakdown was 15 Saudis, one Egyptian, one Lebanese and two from the Union of Arab Emirates (UAE). www.pensitoreview.com...
i.e. all came from established U.S allies. It’s true we removed the Taliban for refusing to “hand over” Osama Bin Laden, it’s also true the West lies all the time about reasons for war, and that had the Taliban wanted to hand Osama over, it would probably have sincerely taken as long to find him in Afghanistan as it took us ten years to find him in Pakistan.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The only way Afghanistan can stand on it's own two feet. Is If we and the other nations on the planet leave it the hell alone. let them do what ever the hell it is they do. And opium is the cash crop of this nation. Allways has been. We went there to open the flow of opium back up. That's after the Taliban allmost eradicated it. And if you think we are not raping them of the resources, your living under a rock. America has never in it's existance done Something for nothing. Threre's allways a payoff or profit to be made. Or we would'nt be there spreading that freedom with a gun barrell.
edit on 9-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

join