It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Protestors Evict Police Amid Wave Of Brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow, it seems there is hope as this video shows a wave of protestors pushing back the police in Spain. The police are forced to back off and flee as the crowd protests against government austerity plans-

It's going to be interesting to see how events in Spain play out. Will the government give in to the will of the people- this has been ongoing now and how it turns out affects all of us. We will all face what Spain is facing, and if the people can make the government back down like the police in this video, there will be hope we can come through this.

That video is encouraging and shows the power of people united and standing together.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Magnificent. 3 cheers for them! Unfortunately I don't forsee such peaceful activism if something of this magnitude reaches the US. Too many armed civilians with too many trigger happy police trying to silence us. We might be peaceful at first, but once the police pull the trigger, it's #in on.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ALL the governments have forgotten that it is us the people that put them there, they are a law unto themselves nowadays getting away with what ever they like whilst we foot the bill. Well not any more , as a great song once said 'times they are a changing'.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wonderful stuff

Viva Espana!!

May this peaceful ressistance continue, even in the face of violent police goons.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

This is great, and good for Spain.
I am proud of them and fully support them in their efforts.
I am not in Spain though, I am in America.
and in light of that,......

I don't want to be "that guy" but there are two points I'd like to make.
This isn't happening here because

1. Americans (most) (as in 90%) are pussies.
2. Spanish police apparently don't use the newest lastest greatest toys in opression like Sound Cannons, or Water Cannons, nor did I see anyone getting shot with rubber bullets.
If I am wrong then please feel free to put me in my place.

3. See number 1.

I hope to see people standing up for themselves in my country someday.

And the greatest thing is.....NO ONE WAS HURT!
From what I could see anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

---Alan Moore, V For Vendetta

new topics

top topics

join