New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

i think there will be riots as i think that too many people believe that romney will take away what they have

there will be race riots too i bet

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Just some community organizing. What is the big deal? I thought that was one of the President's specialties? Maybe after registering to vote, they will be handing out molotov cocktails and bricks? Let me make something abundently clear, I am not implying, or even speculating that the President or his campaign has anything to do with the calls for unrest on Twitter, and I only made the previous statements in jest.

In all seriousness, this is not something to play around with, and we have seen the power of Twitter with the uprisings in the Middle East. So for some to downplay it as a bunch of high school kids playing around is foolish. This is shaping up to be another hotly contested election, and I would hope that both candidates would denounce such threats by their supporters.

We got enough garbage on our plate right now, and why entertain the idea of mass unrest because someone's horse in this race lost? We don't need martial law or dictatorial decrees during a state of an emergency! People need to stop taking this crap so seriously, and do their civic duty honorably. Do a little homework, and vote for the best candidate. Lets stop with the tough talk, belittlement, threats, and intimidation! Let the people vote for whomever they wish. If somebody's favorite loses? Then so be it! Take it on the chin, and wait for the next election. Enough already!
edit on 10-10-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is a difference. Republican officials are calling for armed uprisings, the Obama people are just random kids on twitter who are quoting a 2chainz song and aren't even being serious about it.
edit on 10-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Apparently you missed the New Black Panther Party in Florida just a short time back calling for armed action among other things.... It was pretty major news for a few weeks there and if we want to get to only threats of an armed nature for the extreme of that side, that would be the best one of very recent time anyway.

It doesn't matter how hard people try....there is no making ONE side out to look better or worse than the other. Not if we're being intellectually honest and the topic is the extremes of either end of the spectrum.

As I recall I was slammed pretty hard myself here quite recently for trying to do that very thing...and noted how it was actually pretty outrageous to try and do after all. Two sides of the same ugly coin out on the edges.

* I was thinking back.... Hmm.. L.A., Detroit a few times... Watts.. Miami... and several others. I can think of many left leaning type riots if we want to put politics to it instead of the more racial tones the times and events assigned...but I can't for the life of me recall the last time stuffy old white republicans had a revolt or a riot beyond perhaps some serious unrest at the VFW post at closing time.

Anyway...it just a struck me as odd where republicans threatening a pipe dream quite fit into a thread about Obama supporters threatening something that HAS, as it turns out, been done several times in the past couple decades. Hmm.. So you're right. In the end, there definitely IS a difference.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added thought

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Interesting that all those tweets are obviously from black men. I know a guy who has 5 twitter accounts and he retweets himself constantly. I also know that political campaigns do this kind of "messaging" to inspire anger at their opponents all the time since they can do it without "owning" it.

Just sayin',

But go ahead and get angry. Why make it so that those Twitter marketing geeks wasted their precious time and effort on portraying all Obama supporters as ghetto dwelling, Cadillac driving, foodstamp, welfare cheats who get violent if their cash cow gets taken away. Those puffy, white corporate circle-jerkers have to make a living too...right?

You people are pathetic.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I live in a town thats 92% black and they have made no bones about what's going to happen if Labamba loses. Here were hoping for snow and or rain that will cool things down more than a biit

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess you're not getting it. Most of the twitter people are QUOTING word by word a popular hip hop song at the moment. They aren't being serious....

Apparently you missed the New Black Panther Party in Florida just a short time back calling for armed action among other things....

No, I didn't miss it.. And once again, the black panthers consists of like 10 people. They have no power, no following, and are not worth giving attention to. But of course the media loved them, and hyped it up because they love any opportunity to show scary mad black people to create racial division and fear monger. As you can see by many posts in this thread, it has worked.

I was thinking back.... Hmm.. L.A., Detroit a few times... Watts.. Miami... and several others. I can think of many left leaning type riots if we want to put politics to it instead of the more racial tones the times a

Left leaning type riots? All the riots you just named had nothing to do with politics, it had to do with police brutality that people were protesting, which transformed into a riot.

.but I can't for the life of me recall the last time stuffy old white republicans had a revolt or a riot

Right wing extremists commit the highest incidents of domestic terrorism in the USA, which is exactly what an armed uprising would be.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I guess you're not getting it. Most of the twitter people are QUOTING word by word a popular hip hop song at the moment. They aren't being serious....

Out of curiosity, how do you know they're not being serious? Because they're quoting a song?
I'm not seeing the connection.

I guess the millions of folks who have quoted Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance" were just kidding too?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Republicans’ Ex-Spokesman Calls For Armed Rebellion Over Obamacare

wonkette.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

There is a definite need to be aware in the days to come. The overall tone from the far left is getting worse by the day. Now anyone can be a racist simply for calling Obama "Lazy". Lazy is how he described himself to Barbara Walters not to long ago. He claims he got lazy from living in Hawaii as a kid.... Wow! Don't ever criticize Obama but feel to criticize anyone else in their bizarre world....

right, that's the reason
.....i guess it wouldn't have anything to do with all of the right-wing voter suppression laws in 31 states, signed by state republican leaders right???....you can't even recognize the obvious. this might come as a shock to you, but the minorities and the poor aren't stupid....but hey,,,on the bright side!!!!....this might be a great time for all the paranoid white racists to use that weekend warrior gun battle training that they have been waiting for.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
While I doubt that anybody will be rioting, what do you think would happen if it was the other way around? Say Obama does win. What would you say about all the right wingers who are up in arms talking about a revolution? Are they just exercising their right to free speech?

Edit: I read back a few pages, people have already brought up similar points. Glad to see some people have a good head on their shoulders.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Because there is a certain social context behind quoting rap songs, especially rap songs of that nature.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wilyweird

i think there will be riots as i think that too many people believe that romney will take away what they have

there will be race riots too i bet

no, it's that they (the republicans) are cheating people out of the right to vote, and have said so publicly, don't make excuses for the obvious, you denigrate yourself for doing it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Please explain for those of us who aren't privy to said social context.
Just trying to understand.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
More destruction and violence in response to the person you believe will cause destruction and violence winning an election is not a solution, in my view. What we need now more than ever before is the ability to calmly, tolerantly, peacefully communicate, and commune as human beings... in my opinion, at least. Peace.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lets be honest.

This is all that the low life parish dwellers can do.

Faced with losing their dole, welfare, food stamps, entitlements, free healthcare, ect ect.

I think Obongo has been redistributing wealth to some degree. People that work, having to buck up for all the slogs that do not.

Now when they are faced with losing all the things that they have never earnt and do not deserve, whats left for these low lifes?

RIOT

DESTROY

I have a solution. Shoot them deadbeats on sight if they start trouble. Clean em out. Its a infection in your country, this is the perfect time and perfect reason to get rid of a lot of them.

Seriously. Its been a long time coming.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984
This reinforces my belief that people should have to pass a test to be registered voters...half the reason this country is in the mess it is in is because voters vote to vote. No education necessary. I'm sorry but people saying "If Romney elected 'n-word's gon' riot, or anything to that effect, can not possibly know enough about the issues that need to be addressed in this country to cast a vote which could determine if anything is ever solved, or fixed, or improved....blows my mind how ineffective it is to elect our own president...

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
edit on Tue Oct 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

How can anyone blame voters for being ignorant or stupid when the media reports about 20% of the truth at any given time? You think people have nothing better to do than spend days on ATS and other alternative media to figure out whats going on? You think everyone has that luxury?

What is the purpose for such unthoughtful, odious posts?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Because there is a certain social context behind quoting rap songs, especially rap songs of that nature.

Way to go. Patting you and your pals on the back.

Your country is folding, your ghettos becoming more dangerous by the moment.

And you "folks" are quoting rap songs?

Congrats, your one anothers hero.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou
Lets be honest.

This is all that the low life parish dwellers can do.

Faced with losing their dole, welfare, food stamps, entitlements, free healthcare, ect ect.

When you can't even vote because the republicans cheat every time then what the heck can you do?

I think Obongo has been redistributing wealth to some degree. People that work, having to buck up for all the slogs that do not.

He has been distributing wealth UPWARDS! Remember the quantative easing bullcrap? 9 trillion is missing from the federal reserve. No one can question to whom the funds went to, but we can call suspect where it did go to.

Now when they are faced with losing all the things that they have never earnt and do not deserve, whats left for these low lifes?

RIOT

DESTROY

I have a solution. Shoot them deadbeats on sight if they start trouble. Clean em out. Its a infection in your country, this is the perfect time and perfect reason to get rid of a lot of them.

Seriously. Its been a long time coming.

You sound like a confederate from the civil war. If you can't force slavery then go to war with everyone and anyone. I guess racism never dies with people like you, does it?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou

Way to go. Patting you and your pals on the back.

Your country is folding, your ghettos becoming more dangerous by the moment.

And you "folks" are quoting rap songs?

Congrats, your one anothers hero.

LAME. Lyrics of all genres of music are contantly being posted on twitter, the majority of which are politically/socially driven.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
wow. this thread is really spinning out of control. a few thoughts for all of you.

1. Both sides cheat in elections. Dems get the dead and their dogs to vote and repubs redistrict

2. This shouldn't be a race issue. We are all human

3. Both sides make threats like children if they don't get their way

4. This is an us vs. them situation but the sides are wrong. It should be the people vs. the government because (and lets be honest) the 2 parties that dominate this country are different sides of the same coin and they both want the same thing

Now a closing thought since this is a conspiracy site. What if tptb is planning all this brouhaha so that something drastic happens to declare martial law? What would be a better way to start a new world order than to take down the American people? Not to sound arrogant or rude but where we go others will follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join