It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What John Kerry's America would have looked like...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by dgtempeEmpty the Social Security trust fund by $507 billion to help offset fiscal irresponsibility and at the same time slash Social Security benefits.

Uh recession? Uh ECONOMY bad BEFORE took OFFICE then 911.

Originally posted by dgtempeEliminate overtime pay for millions of Americans and raise oil prices by 50 percent.

Really? Your reading the New York Times arent you?

50%, well that sure is all Bush's fault again.....So the $87 a barrel was Reagans fault to huh? How much oil does Bush Jr drill for? How many Senators will not let us drill our own in Alaska and California? TREEHUGGER ALERT!

[/Quote]

Interestingly enough.. if you look at a history of the stock market just prior to all elections and all change of a presidency there is a drop in the market typicaly 7 to 3 months prior inaguration day. Granted some are worse than others but they are all there. With all of the Fubar of the last election I am hardly supprised everyone pulled out of the market just prior to Bush taking office.

911 did cause annother hit to the economy which honestly is noones fault. However.. bush took a bad situation and made it far worse than it ever needed to be.

As for the oil prices.. ... yea i would place blame on bush for that one, nto entirly.. but a good portion of it. There are a number of ways to relieve pressure of oil demands and he has applied none of them.

Drilling in Cali and Alaska in protected reserves? Sorry but HE!! NO They are protected for a reason. Me a treehugger? Yup you better believe it, I love trees, I care more about trees than I do people. If you wana look at it in a sence of pure survival. Other people are taking my o2, and the trees are making more for me so yup!

The most comforting fact of life for me is that after we have destroyed ourselfs becasue of the pure stupidity of your rhetoric, after we are all gone, after all of the cities of the world are on fire with the burning flesh of man. Nature, the plants, the earth itself will go on, re-grow itself and eventualy clense any sign of us from existance.

Or, we can find a way to live in a balance with nature and we will all benifit.

wraith

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"You have voted wraith30 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

I like the way you think wraith30. Like yourself I am a treehugger also.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
"You have voted wraith30 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

I like the way you think wraith30. Like yourself I am a treehugger also.

Thank you, I am working on a second degree in Ecology and Forrestry so I can get out of government contracting and work for the EPA in the national forrests. Want to hunt down pochers and removed wastefull timber stripping.

There are few things that really irritate me and disreguard for nature and animals is one of them.

Wraith

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Edsinger, we all know you love Bush, you don't have to keep posting this crap to make yourself feel better...

If we're not at war, what is the point in increased spending in military? I never understood that.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was thinking about it, and if elected Kerry would have to raise taxes....to pay for the huge !@#$ing debt that Herr Bush has incurred during his 4 years of blood. It would take half a century for Kerry to undo what Bush did in only 4 years, and his next 4 will leave such a scar on this nation as to have its effects felt many generations down the line.

edsinger > Have you ever stopped in your crusade to crucify every living soul who doesnt lick the jackboots of your master and thought that maybe your far right biased crap is detracting from the cause you so dearly clutch to? I've read more posts and threads of yours taking the piss out of Kerry than I care to count or remember, yet you dont spend time pointing out anything about Herr Bush and what hes done wrong, or right really for that matter other than persuing war in the middle east. A little humility and humanity goes alot farther than "shut up you simpering bleeding heart treehugging liberal scum, vote bush or die" which is basically the short version of almost everything you post on here.

I used to think Colonel had taken fanatical views and blind faith in something as far as humanly possible, but I guess I was proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Edsinger, we all know you love Bush, you don't have to keep posting this crap to make yourself feel better...

If we're not at war, what is the point in increased spending in military? I never understood that.

huh? I would not agree to that once we have reorganized the structures, if not at war, I guess we could cut, but not like what Clinton did.....moderation is the key, you never know when you will need it.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

edsinger > Have you ever stopped in your crusade to crucify every living soul who doesnt lick the jackboots of your master and thought that maybe your far right biased crap is detracting from the cause you so dearly clutch to? I've read more posts and threads of yours taking the piss out of Kerry than I care to count or remember, yet you dont spend time pointing out anything about Herr Bush and what hes done wrong, or right really for that matter other than persuing war in the middle east. A little humility and humanity goes alot farther than "shut up you simpering bleeding heart treehugging liberal scum, vote bush or die" which is basically the short version of almost everything you post on here.

Well you havent read them all apparently. I have dogged the man. I have said that I campaigned AGAINST him. He spends to damn much on social things to get votes, I do not agree with all his policies, but he is a far better choice than Kerry. Kerry would be a disgrace..............

Plus I am one of only 4 - 5 people in here that tell you another side of the story than the DNC will have you believe. You have to hear both sides, then you make your choice, but dont say you didnt know, cause you did, you can choose to vote how you want, but at least know both perspectives.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hey Ed; I have some news for you. I am not voting for Bush, but according to you then I am a leech, sucking the capital of money. I have never accepted a dime of welfare, a dime of unemployment.

That great tax cut we got in 2001 sure went a long way. I think I actually had enough in refunds to go out and eat one or two nights. If that was indicative of what the average family got back then I think we all would have agreed we did not need it. I personally could have stayed home and ate something healthy instead of that Big Mac.

I also had excellent employment until about a year ago when my pre-existing health problems got in the way. I could not get unemployment because it was an old health problem. Bush wants people to have Health Saving Accounts. That might be a good idea, but one needs a job first.

I do not know if you have children in school or not, but friends of mine are not happy with the "Education Reform" From what I understand is that schools are supposed to recieve money based on how there students score on a nationalized test. This could also be a good idea if not for the fact that most schools were teaching just to pass the test. As far as sports programs they are not and should not be getting federal money.

Do not get me wrong. I played football and baseball in high school and these can teach important lessons such as teamwork, fair play, discipline, etc. Given the choice however I believe this money should be spent on more important things.

As far as the military is concerned I do know that Democrats are more inclined to cut these historically. At this point it doesn't matter who wins because the damage already done to the Armed Forces will not really be known for some time. What is known is that the need for retention of both Active Military and Reserve Components is going to be paramount in the future.

With National Guard units being deployed for more than a year most will be getting out upon their return. This as well as those Reservist who were small business owners that have failed due to their extended tours is going to ba drag on the economy that no one has quanitified yet.

As far as the Active Component who will be getting out for the same reasons and is going to gut the NCO Corps and even some Branches that Junior Officers are mandatory. The only way to counter this is to raise pay and re-enlistment bonuses. With all the vets coming home who will eventually be diagnosed with PTSD the Dept. of Veteran Affairs is going to be swamped.

No one person can fix these problems, but to say that Kerry will hurt the military more than Bush already has is ludacris.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
He also campaigns for allowing open homosexuals into the military, a move that will surely undermine morale and morality in our armed services.
[edit on 1-11-2004 by edsinger]

Ok, the other stuff will not comment but this one I must.

Let say in WORST case scenario 10% of population is gay and 90% is hetero (ofcourse there is other like BI etc....).

So, you think when GAY will be alow to go in army morale and morality will go down?

What about females in army???

There is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more people in army lusting for womans, and not for MAN's, and everything is working just fine, dont you think?

So let's make it simple.

The MAN's who are lusting for womans are OK in army?, and morale and morality is ok? (as it should be), but the MAN's (or womans), who are lusting for other MAN's (or same sex) are NOT ok for morale and morality?

If that's the case.

Do you think also black people in army or other races are also bad for morale or morality?

Same thing people was thinking in older days in USA, when you had discrimination almost everywhere based on color of the skin.

But (thanks god) things have changed.

I hope people like you that think gay or ANY other people different from your point "how world should look like" will wanish with time.

What we NEED is tolerance and reason.

Even when other side have no idea what that is.

I.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join