It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple camera patent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Apple camera patent

www.youtube.com

In late August an Apple patent was published outlining technology that can wirelessly disable your mobile device
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard of this? Im not surprised, in fact I can see all phones having this in the future. The ability to limit or control our news and communications would be a godsend to TPTB. They could shut down video recording on phones at will and eliminate a lot of their headaches, for instance Mitts 47% speech.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I know you can trace and wipe a Windows Phone from the net.. since such a feature is given to you as a user through the Windows Phone maketplace having other such features that are not available to user but is perhaps available to government/agencies is not remarkable..

I have an older backup phone and have rolled my own version of that software.. but still, it could also be tainted.. who knows really when it gets down to it how long this stuff has been pushed into the software controlling our devices.

Edit to add:

Link to the "MS How to Guide" to ring, find, lock, erase your windows mobile phone from the internet, this is for version 7 (7.1 ect) so I would certainly expect more such features in future Windows phone updates especially version 8.

www.windowsphone.com...

edit on 9/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
With the state of personal rights in this country today this should come as no real suprise. I wouldn't be suprised if this technology is already installed all over the country, as the patent process can take quite a while to complete.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Man, what has it come to. What have we done.

When a man cannot use his phone to take a photograph.

These times are surely things of the past. And while I'm at it, I want a toaster that can play HD 1080p tv. I'm sick and tired, in this modern hectic go-go lifestyle to be looking at the kettle for 1.2 minutes while my toasts cooks. I could be spending that time on twitter.

When a man cannot use his phone, to take photographs of the places he is in, this I say, is not a world I want to live in.

What next, a calculator that doesn't actually play dvd's?

(not sure, I didn't think to ask, but does anything think this technology would work on a camera? If I tried to call my friend that is? I've often wondered why I can't make calls from my Cannon. Could this be why, they've just kill switched it?)

this world.. what a baloney.

edit on 9-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would think anything that has wireless access could be affected by technology like this. And there are some cameras on the market with wifi access.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is it the same as this...

Apple can shut down phone

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I think its the same, although they were just talking about phone service. This new patent can shut down apps as well.
edit on 9-10-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

the more I hear
the term Smart Phone used...

I keep thinking what an Oxymoron

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Is there a text transcript I can save for references and quotes?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
they would only be able to do so if the phone receives a signal to shutdown...

if you are in airplane mode, the signal would never be received, therefore, you can take pics and videos only to later upload them as you want...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

That is assuming airplane mode does what we think it does. Perhaps while in airplane mode it can still accept certain signals, very possible with todays technology.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Is it the same as this...

Apple can shut down phone

Indeed.

Thread CLosed.

top topics

join