It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have been charged with a crime I didn't commit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoobvious

I'd call the paper up ASAP..

and ask them if why anyone from the paper didn't talk to me personally because the DA dismissed the charges it could be a charge of defamation of character.

2). The guy that is spreading rumors is causing work place harassment and your boss is discriminating

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I would stay well clear of this guy. If he tries something again which is more than likely he will. Dont say anything to him just record everything he does time and date and who was a witness. Keep a file on him and CYA. I got fired(my only time) because this guy lied about me and what I did and I believe he even forged my signature to cover up his mistake. If the job is not important to you and you know you can get another one I would move on..Best of Luck

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

1. No it can't. It is a statement of fact that he was charged, so it's not libel. So long as the paper didn't say he was convicted but goes with "accused" it's 100% legit.

2. He would have to prove that favoritism existed, and the other guy is getting perks beyond those warranted by merit.

The bottom line is we don't really know what happened. We only have the OP point-of-view. To anybody else he may have looked like raving lunatic with a box-cutter.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thank you so much everybody for your help. I knew I could count on the community if this website for help. Have talked to the attorney generals assistant and have been mailed a complaint form. After I send it in a hearing will be scheduled to see if we can resolve this issue without going to court. Not sure what will happen there but will keep posting to let everyone know If this was the right way to go. Thank you so much.

NOTSOOBVIOUS😉

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Just so everyone knows the cased was dismissed and will be exsponged as long as I don't violate the o.o.p. and even the witness said I just stood there and made NO threatening jestures. So your raving lunatic with a box cutter is totally wrong. I've been told I look like a stuck on himself a-hole but never a lunatic. So sorry😜

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
A similar thing happened to me. An ex and his wife told the police that I had been harassing them, the police came round to talk to me, and basically said if I admitted to doing it, I would get a fine and get a caution, If I didn't do it, then I would get an unofficial caution and they would be on their way. Well I wasn't going to admit and pay for something I didn't do, and the ex told everyone I did it anyway, started making online blogs and making defamatory posts about me.
The thing was, the police told us both to stay away and any further instigation will warrant further action for harassment, on either side.
These posts were completely false and dreadfully nasty.
But you know what I did?
Nothing. Why?
Because they will be told to remove the posts and probably nothing more.
I didn't retaliate in any way. Why?
Because it makes me look like the bigger person. Who looks like the douchebag? The person they're saying things about, or the people who are writing # on the internet about someone they haven't seen or spoken to in over 5 years?
The people who matter will know the truth, and the rest shouldn't matter to you.
Let people get their kicks, it's pathetic, but at the end of the day, the ones in the wrong are the ones with disappointing lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join