It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Interest(s) In The UFO/Alien Phenomenon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Title speaks for itself. What drives your interest or interests and what is your main purpose for wanting to know more/the truth?

For me personally, I could care less about the conspiracy theories, what the government(s) knows and doesn't know, agendas or any of that sort. I'm strictly interested in the science behind it all, as well as the biology of the species and their home planet/galaxies, etc. Such as if they do exist, how their craft work, the technology behind it, how long it took them to develop that technology and all other questions surrounding their general technology. As far as the species are concerned, are their bodies like ours, do they reproduce like us, do they have emotions, etc. And probably my biggest fascination would have to be with where they come from. Are they a lone planet such as us, or are they in close proximity to other intelligent life? Do they come from a federation of intelligent beings? What is their atmosphere and geology like? These are the kinds of questions that I pose to the theory of intelligent life and are interested in hearing yours.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

I'm with you on this one. I could careless about the conspiracies involved, I just think it would be cool to learn about them as a species and their technology.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
what i would like to really find out is if our "ufo's" are alien craft or human craft, or even a mixture of both. the technology involved is also of major importance.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm interested in both really, Like most i would love to know what the basics are for both, But... I guess the real question is are we able to handle the answers we seek (Not individual but as humans).

If we all knew for certain there was life after death then you could imagine the complications.. mass suicides ect,
As for other worlds what would we do with the truth? would there be mass panic?

Sometimes knowledge is a scary dangerous thing,

Its something i would personally love to know, But something i fear knowing too. What if there was nothing after we die, would we loose hope as a race? or could we just except it?

The mind boggles lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
what i would like to really find out is if our "ufo's" are alien craft or human craft, or even a mixture of both. the technology involved is also of major importance.

That's a very good question, and unless more arise I'm not thinking of at the moment, that is one thing from the conspiracy side that I do have questions about. I've been saying for quite a long time that most of the UFO sightings you see now, maybe even 95%+ of them are top secret craft but that doesn't explain the (what appear to be) UFO sightings witnessed throughout history, and as far as the conspiracy part of it is concerned my question is how we came about this technology if they are ours. Did we discover it on our own through human ingenuity and perseverance, from a captured/found spacecraft, or could we actually be in a tech sharing program with at least one intelligent race that comes from beyond our own planet?

To add something for you posters who are interested in the conspiracies to think about, even though I don't necessarily see it as important from my own standpoint, I can understand a government keeping something such as that a secret for a few reasons, and as long as they weren't being nefarious I would actually prefer them to keep it a secret, because you don't want that technology getting into the wrong hands and if it were coming from beings beyond our own world, if the entire planet knew without a doubt alien life existed and furthermore were actually visiting, it would, IMO, cause mass chaos, because not everyone is like us enthusiasts and would be ready for it.
edit on 9-10-2012 by MadhatterTheGreat because: grammar mistakes

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

The mind boggles lol

Its no accident the mind boggles to prevent these answers being known.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My interest is in the true mystery of it all, and the fact that I personally believe it holds clues to our existence, and to our future. Let me explain.

As far as our future, I believe that we are destined to travel deep into space. I believe that we will travel to the stars and join the "Galatic Federation" or whatever it would be called. I believe that technology will be key to solving our long term problems, like population, water, and energy.

As far as our past, I believe that we Re being watched by technolgically advanced beings (NOT Gods!) who helped either "seed" life on our planet, or perhaps greatly accelerated the evolution process.

So, with clues to our past, and potential technology to solve our current problems into the future, why would I not be interested?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I like to neglect true supernatural things like my soul , satan and god.

Then I use my imagination in fictitious none-real matters.

trolling

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

First and foremost I would like to know if UFOs are of human or extraterrestrial origin. If they are of human origin- why is the govt. messing with our heads? And if of extraterrestrial origin- why are they here, what is their purpose, and why is our govt. covering it up?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am very interested about UFO and alien . I wonder how their world would look like. I want to see their advanced technology . I am interested to know if they have found the technique to be Immortal .

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The first time I became interested in UFOs and anything else paranormal was when I found a set of Time Life Books: Mysteries of the Unknown in my elementary school library. I read those books from front to back countless times. I think my biggest attraction to UFOs is the mystery surrounding it. Are they man made? Are they ETs? Are they time travelers? If we ever get the answers to these questions it could change humanity forever. From that point on, I've read everything I could get my hands on about UFOs. In fact, this is what brought me to this site, though there seems to be a lot less news about them on here lately. I'm a skeptical believer. I think there is something going on up there, but as someone has mentioned, I think 95% of the stuff reported is explainable.
edit on 9-10-2012 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
The first time I became interested in UFOs and anything else paranormal was when I found a set of Time Life Books: Mysteries of the Unknown in my elementary school library. I read those books from front to back countless times. I think my biggest attraction to UFOs is the mystery surrounding it. Are they man made? Are they ETs? Are they time travelers? If we ever get the answers to these questions it could change humanity forever. From that point on, I've read everything I could get my hands on about UFOs. In fact, this is what brought me to this site, though there seems to be a lot less news about them on here lately. I'm a skeptical believer. I think there is something going on up there, but as someone has mentioned, I think 95% of the stuff reported is explainable.
edit on 9-10-2012 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

Agree about the 95%. But, 5% of millions of sightings is a lot of unexplained.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

@What Is Your Interest(s) In The UFO/Alien Phenomenon?

My personal interest began when I was a young child I always felt there was more to life but could not fully figure it out. As I grew older and was surrounded by many people who were religious including my mother I began to seek GOD more. Seek in a way I wanted to understand the LORD more. And when I got a certain age the LORD seemed to have other worldly kinds of beings mentioned in the great book the bible aroung the so it drove me more into seeking understanding what these other world typ beings were for example:
the Angels sent to assist in the wrath of Lord Jesus Christ[

[color=cyan] The serpent in genesis
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
[color=cyan] the for beast of the throne
>
Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back
>
The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.
[color=cyan] the Star and the Locust ABADDON
Revelation 9
1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

These are just a few of the non human beings that got me deeper into ET/Ufology, so my journey started out Religious then I looked for better understanding on the beings mentioned and their origins as they seem to be within Heavens boundaries as well along with Angels 2/3 who stayed by the side of the LORD and the 1/3 who didnt. With so much data not to mention the Quran data on Jinns 1 has no choice but to seek LIGHT on the subject of non humans. So I guess I was looking for verification of non humans within the great books and found data. SnF good thinking OP

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
for me;

its an interesting subject, I am skeptical by nature so i take everything with a grain of salt. its one of those subjects
that you can say its 1% truth 99% BS, but the problem is figuring out which 1% is true....

anyways, its interesting.

GhostInShell

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My interest is what the hell are they?

Cases like the Tehran incident, the Coyne incident, the Portage County incident, the Colares incident, the Bariloche incident, the Red Bluff incident. the Palmar Dam incident, the Lake Eire Coastguard incident, the West Lothian incident, the La Joya Military Base incident, the Little Rissington incident, the Gosford incident, the Lake Tequesquitengo incident, the Tocopilla incident, the RAF Boulmer incident, the Kuwait Oilfield incident, the Kirtland AFB incident, the Minot AFB incident, the Edwards AFB incident etc... really do boggle the mind and I've no idea what the objects are.

"The type of UFO reports that are most intriguing are close-range sightings of machine-like objects of unconventional nature and unconventional performance characteristics, seen at low altitudes, and sometimes even on the ground. The general public is entirely unaware of the large number of such reports that are coming from credible witnesses... When one starts searching for such cases, their number are quite astonishing. Also, such sightings appear to be occurring all over the globe."

Professor James E. McDonald from the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the University of Arizona speaking at the AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) in 1968

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat

For me personally, I could care less about the conspiracy theories, what the government(s) knows and doesn't know, agendas or any of that sort.

I see what you mean but quite a number of official USAF UFO explanations are complete bullsh*t and nobody likes being lied to.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

you listed many of the things I would like to know about them but I think the main thing I would like to ask them first is: do they believe in some sort of God? I think that's a basic starting point because yes or no it would either make me a believer or confirm my current thoughts on the subject. then I guess the next question would be: where do I get a ufo driver's license?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My interest stems from two things:

I like to find things out for myself

And I've always been interested in alternate histories and alternate stuff. I'm a non-conformist, and I really can't stand mainstream society.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostinshell
for me;

its an interesting subject, I am skeptical by nature so i take everything with a grain of salt. its one of those subjects
that you can say its 1% truth 99% BS, but the problem is figuring out which 1% is true....

anyways, its interesting.

GhostInShell

well overall the 1% is all you need to be true and then after that what does it matter? it's true period.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good points on the thread and my answer would have to be, what is the connection with some UFOs and human history? There is a connection there and furthermore on that point, what does the government know behind the national security cloak and dagger stuff.

Additionally, as K12 said, what are these crafts (outwith the military stuff of course) and where are they coming from, if indeed it is just one race. If there are more, then same questions apply. I must admit also, how these craft operate would be interesting to learn.

In a direct response to the thread title: Truth

edit on 9-10-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I want to know if they are alien spacecraft. I lean toward affirmation, but I would like to know. I also find the abduction phenomenon to be fascinating, whether it be "real", or psychological.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join