It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupy Movement has fizzled out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, I guess at the moment there is no political puppet strings to be pulled. No Unions are on strike and surprise, no occupy movement.

Guess all the excitement has fizzled away for now, until Soros and the labor unions don't currently need any boots on the ground or any creative political slogans.

Well even the news headlines bear little as well as the occupywallstreet site itself.

Nope nothing to see here, except maybe a small unorganized group arrested in Austin for trying to occupy private property. There is an even scheduled for Friday, but mostly in European countries, other than that only one which is NY scheduled for the 13.

Nope, the puppet strings don't need to be pulled at the moment. Thats why the movement right now is completely unorganized and without structure.

Ill let you know if anything changes though.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Occupy was put down via planted agitators and VIOLENCE.

On your last sentence, i'll wait right here until you come back and tell us whatever YOU deem important to tell.

Bleh

edit on 9-10-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yes, because the entire occupy movement was a ploy by TPTB.

In order for the occupy movement to succeed it needs more numbers than it had. Not enough people gave a damn. You mock the movement, yet, I can almost guarantee you sat on the sidelines, in your house, doing nothing. The exact enemy it needed to kill it. And you call them puppets...?

Take a minute.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
Yes, because the entire occupy movement was a ploy by TPTB.

In order for the occupy movement to succeed it needs more numbers than it had. Not enough people gave a damn. You mock the movement, yet, I can almost guarantee you sat on the sidelines, in your house, doing nothing. The exact enemy it needed to kill it. And you call them puppets...?

Take a minute.

Unfortunately there will always be people like the OP who would rather not get their hands dirty and find it easier and more comfortable to mock those willing to take a stand

Glad our forefathers didn't take that approach during the American Revolution

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
*scratches head*

While you can rail against the OP's assertion it was purely a political ploy (I also disagree with that assertion) - it wasn't people staying home (for the sake of staying at home) that has dissolved Occupy. It is Occupy itself that tried to force a certain degree of monolithic behavior/beliefs within itself that killed it. I was in three major cities for various large-scale Occupy events and it became clear that dissenting viewpoints within Occupy were met with hostility - and people backed right out.

Occupy was hijacked by its own radicals who lost sight of the first goal which was to tear down the elite Statist cronyistic controls - and it went straight through to a particular political ideology in so many areas. In a way that was completely antithetical to the democratic and republic ideals is espoused.

So while I disagree w/ the OP that Occupy was entirely political puppeteering - I also think that Occupy self destructing not because people ~wanted~ to stay on the sidelines but because radicals within Occupy wanted them to sit on the sidelines to maintain this perceived power they were mistaken to believe they were wielding. -Mags
edit on 9-10-2012 by Insurrection because: Minor clarification..

edit on 9-10-2012 by Insurrection because: I'm a mangled mess tonight.. more edits.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i dont feel like googeling, but what movement has ever got what they wanted without violence and yes i heard of gahndi and mlk but maybe the government let those movements be so the future movements wouldn't be as much trouble, you know its kind of like a faint in fighting, the government allowed protesters to get things done with out violence so the future protesters think they can do it as well when its obviously not going to happen

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think occupy just proved how pointless protest can be, especially if you don't have an achievable goal. The occupy tactics also managed to alienate those they were meant to be representing. I hope they can learn from their mistakes, get some leadership and some real tangible issues for people to get behind. Until then they will just be viewed as the petit bourgeoisie camping in the park, able to go home when it gets too cold.

That will be the perception whether it's true or not. It's up to occupy to change that perception, so people can take them seriously. They need to start to come up with tactics to highlight Americas up comming austerity programs, focus on corporate tax evasion and start to represent those who have no voice in America.

I'm certainly no fan of the tea party, but they have been much more successful in getting their agenda into power.

I hope occupy sort themselves out, because they were highlighting important issues and bringing attention to the banking cartel, that does seem to have slipped off th agenda recently. My advice to occupy would be get some leadership and start to take positions of power.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The Occupy movement always seemed to be missing something to me. It's great they are out there trying to make a statement but I wonder what that statement is.

For perspective, since perhaps the civil rights movement, protesting solves nothing. A+ for effort and glad to see some pissed off citizens for a change but it is pretty futile. IMHO, it needs to be more energetic against specific 'targets' versus just sitting in a park.

I know I will get flamed for pointing this out but it's only because I am concerned this avenue of civil discourse has been effectively nullified. The MSM poo poo's it. No one likes 'hippies'. And every local government is slowly writing laws to further sideline dissent: the protest area is 14 blocks down, next to the river, and only from 6-7am.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It seems election time even has Soros really busy.

Too busy to run the circus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

I guess we can occupy the couch together until election time.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

If sorros had anything to do with occupy, why was it a failure. I thought Sorros was like the mac daddy, the emperor palpertine. I guess he could take some tips from those Koch boys on how to really AstroTurf a grass roots movement

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well he just is really rich and he's getting old. But he can only focus on one thing at a time.

Thats why at the moment, people are to busy with elections. Occupy has taken a back seat for now.

Just think of it as #occupycouch

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
OWS was setup to fail, peace gets nothing done. Look at the peace movement during the Vietnam war. Did absolutely nothing. The only reason we pulled out of Vietnam is because of guerrilla warfare. If we had known about such type of warfare that war would've been fought til who the hell knows how long, but just like the protests during Vietnam, the OWS movement failed because it was peaceful. Look at spain, egypt, places like that, did they go about there revolutions peacefully? nope because they know peace gets nothing done.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

What makes you think Occupy is peaceful?

What if someone armed them with weapons? Would they be peaceful then? Poorly trained yes, but probably not peaceful.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

What if someone armed them with weapons? Would they be peaceful then? Poorly trained yes, but probably not peaceful.

No one armed them with weapons, so your point is invalid. If they wanted to be violent they could've easily gone violent. They were peaceful. You can not prove otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Hardly fizzled.

It was stomped out. The State was hell bent on arresting, displacing, attacking and discrediting them, especially in an election year.

People can only withstand so much.

Even if you didnt agree with their message, EVERYONE should have supported their right to protest.

edit on 9-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

You could apply that logic to literally anyone/anything.

Sure koalas SEEM cute, but that's just cause no one's ever given one an assault rifle

And you think they would have had any trouble arming themselves if their intended to turn violent? If a nutjob like James Holmes can order 7,000 rounds of ammo online, surely more than a few Occupy protesters could have brought a gun to any one of the hundreds of events they've organized
edit on 9-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I actually think they would still be cute

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

I actually think they would still be cute

This was much easier to find than it should have been

But you were right, still cute haha

edit on 9-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I agree that the movement had fails and flaws, but i think of it in kinda phase/step of programming the still sleeping folks to revolute...
#OWS for example had the leading role and spread the ideas around the world. We saw huge protests around the world. Then inner conflicts at assemblysand the violence (no discussion about agent provokateurs, too...) at protests began. Not much time later a lot of camps where cleared by police.
Sadly they lost their acceptance in the general public
But there is still something going on. They are more active and have developped themselfs alot in Europe.
They have worked out new different conepts and participate at many peacful "pro-tests" together with many other groups. How about the Plan B concepts? And how about decentralisation of powers? How about the spiritual aspects involved?
And look what is now going on in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, France, Poland, Germany and so on...
Next Saturday is the next worldwide event, called op "#globalNOISE" where also all the still existing occupy groups participate.
Even in US...

I don´t see where it is getting quiet around the movement, but i see a waking up in so many groups and individual people!
I see the humans begin to experience that they mirror their inside to their outside world and starting to understand what that means for them to solve their ego-problems. The folks begin to understand that the main key of living lays within. People all over the world experience "the now" and start to follow their intuition. The answer is oneness and feeling unconditional love in the now! This can´t be stopped by the sleeping masses and tptb ´cause it´s a massive chain reaction!

!LOVeOLUTION! NOW

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join