It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity rover detects bright object on surface of Mars...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Come on folks, the condom joke has played out.
Please keep it on topic.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
NASA now says its from the rover.

Weird Martian object traced to rover A tiny, bright object that was spotted on the Martian surface next to the Curiosity rover appears to be a shred of plastic from the rover itself, NASA reported today. cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Come on folks, the condom joke has played out.
Please keep it on topic.

Sorry Blaine, I know I'm one of the culprits here... But you agree that it's hard to resist...

One the other hand, try to move a distance away from this discussion... I think that calling it a "shrimp" is just as silly.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Not to worry, I laughed myself. Just trying to head this back the right direction.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by buddhasystem

Not to worry, I laughed myself. Just trying to head this back the right direction.

You mean "upright"?

Sorry, I was talking about a shrimp.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo

Actually, I think it's a cable tie, and some cellophane. Disappointed...
edit on 10-10-2012 by zigguratvertigo because: (no reason given)

That looks like a pretty cool used CONDOM

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It really does look like a piece of tape that holds the wires together much like those seen in the images. What amazes me is one would figure that they would use some sort of clamp or fastened holder kind of like they use in Auto engine distributor cables.

Considering the temperture change and the journey to the planet in general, it really makes no sense whatsoever to use any kind of adhesive because of the fact that it could break down by being repeatedly heated and cooled.

I dunno guys, cause sometimes I am convinced that we already have a base full of humans, or atleast a few citizens from planet Earth on Mars. Hell, We don't even know what the Voyagers have found either, do they tell us everything? While on the subject, How has either Voyager avoided any collisions or contact with any other matter or possible Alien life? The Asteroid belt? Come on now.....

Anyway, I saved this cat's coordinates and checked it out myself. It is without a doubt interesting. I have no idea if this could just be some Pixel or whatever explanation. It does really seem out of place. I have no idea what this could be, but I got plenty of theories. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Considering the temperture change and the journey to the planet in general, it really makes no sense whatsoever to use any kind of adhesive because of the fact that it could break down by being repeatedly heated and cooled.

Hi there... I posted on this topic, in this thread before. It depends. There are hi-spec adhesives out there that are designed and tested for a variety of conditions. Are you saying that satellites do not have glued parts? Some adhesive tapes are very expensive. I don't see how these would be inferior to an arbitrary "clamp". You see, that clamp would have to be designed to certain specs anyhow. What's the difference? It's not your polyethylene piece of crap, if you want to launch it to space.

I like tape. It makes for a better distribution of load, doesn't create local strain in the wires. It also acts as an additional cover. Whether it's good enough is a different issue altogether.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is the company that makes the tape along with 3M and DuPont.

DUNMORE created the tape by combining DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film with a 3M adhesive and fiberglass reinforcement layer. TheDUNMORE tape is the only multi-layer insulation (MLI) product on the Mars Rover. DUNMORE tapes and insulation blankets have been used in almost every major space program of the last 20 years, including the Space Shuttle program, Hubble Telescope, International Space Station, and NASA's Juno and Aquarius exploratory probes. www.bus-ex.com...

edit on 10-10-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Hi there... I posted on this topic, in this thread before.

No reason that the discussion cannot continue.

It depends. There are hi-spec adhesives out there that are designed and tested for a variety of conditions.

I understand that my friend.

Are you saying that satellites do not have glued parts?

Actually, I never claimed anything of the sort. Since you brought it up though, Satellites are not exposed to the kind of cooling, heating and force that the Rovers have. Jeezus, You're comparing apples to oranges now. Even if we sent the Rover to the Moon, it would not have to endure anything close to what it would during a trip to Mars.

Some adhesive tapes are very expensive. I don't see how these would be inferior to an arbitrary "clamp". You see, that clamp would have to be designed to certain specs anyhow. What's the difference? It's not your polyethylene piece of crap, if you want to launch it to space.

Because something that is fastened to the object with a high torque is much more reliable than an adhesive that can be weakened by the heat, the cold or an unknown environmental condition.

I like tape. It makes for a better distribution of load, doesn't create local strain in the wires. It also acts as an additional cover. Whether it's good enough is a different issue altogether.

Well, Yeah I hear what you're saying, but I personally prefer handcuffs or even zip ties over tape. That's just me though.
~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't get why the idea of NASA lying about life on mars is so popular here. If NASA found evidence for life on mars that would be a lot of enthusiasm for their projects, and with that enthusiasm means more money to fund those projects. For the scientists involved it's also their spot in the history books for a moment that changes everything we thought we knew about the universe.

If NASA wants to hide the truth of life on mars, they could simply keep the images from the public and we'd never know. There is no need for them to show them, tell us "this is unusual" then try to cover it up. that makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Its called reverse psychology. They have pulled this little stunt to make you think their is a conspiracy but actually they've done this on purpose. Btw the whole Curiosity rover thing is a government psyop. You don't really think they're on mars do you? Try more like Near Area-51 In Nevada.

The people behind the scenes at Nasa are just laughing at the dumbed down public who believe this stuff. The whole charade is one big HOAX.

edit on 10-10-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche
I don't get why the idea of NASA lying about life on mars is so popular here. If NASA found evidence for life on mars that would be a lot of enthusiasm for their projects, and with that enthusiasm means more money to fund those projects. For the scientists involved it's also their spot in the history books for a moment that changes everything we thought we knew about the universe.

They will get the funds anyway mahatche, Or atleast they always did up until recently, but now our Nation is absolute bankrupt. So maybe the outsourcing to private companies will expose them, or bring new horizons to the citizens of this world who deserve to know absolutely 100% the truth and everything that they do.

That doesn't mean that I don't understand the reasons for their could be, and I repeat could be, deception. I could be totally wrong about that assumption and I am aware of that. NASA is full of great minds and great individuals, so I mean no disrespect to most of them.

If NASA wants to hide the truth of life on mars, they could simply keep the images from the public and we'd never know. There is no need for them to show them, tell us "this is unusual" then try to cover it up. that makes no sense.

Actually, it makes perfect sense my friend. Finding life or any Alien object would shatter the control that the masters of puppets have on the brainwashed foolish mortals who still believe in some 2000 year old fairy tale, which = keeps large populations of various sheople nations that they rule at bay and still easily herded. It's also about preventing global panic, which threatens their chain of power just as well.

Listen, We have Black Space Projects, that is a fact. I know that you mean well my friend, but all one has to do is continue to be open minded about these subjects. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So my long time friends, talking 40+ years, that went to school with me, played in the streets with me, are part of my family, that work at NASA, are lying to me? You mean that rocket that appears to leave the ground and dissapear into the sky, carrying space gear, really is a figment of my imagination or it's really just going to the desert here on Earth? Wow. I have been dupped. It's entirely possible, but...oh the lengths, just to hide the truth for our own, or their own benefit.

Is the sun real?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Originally posted by zayonara
So my long time friends, talking 40+ years, that went to school with me, played in the streets with me, are part of my family, that work at NASA, are lying to me? You mean that rocket that appears to leave the ground and dissapear into the sky, carrying space gear, really is a figment of my imagination or it's really just going to the desert here on Earth? Wow. I have been dupped. It's entirely possible, but...oh the lengths, just to hide the truth for our own, or their own benefit.

Is the sun real?

Your family and friends who supposedly work for NASA are way below the pay grade to know if a conspiracy is taking place. It's pretty much been proven that we never went to the moon. Oh for sure they can send rockets into space, then gullible people like you will believe these hoax's because it gives a level of credibility to the whole thing. But nobody knows what happens to these rockets whilst there in space. The space gear is just props in this whole farce. Oh but you believe we went to the moon right, so why can't they put a rover on mars?

edit on 10-10-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

It's Alfred Lamont Weber's gerbil.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Oh dear.. he Rover made it áll the way to Mars, but nów parts are starting to fall off already? They sure NASA built it, and not some Chinese Car-Manufacturer?

Seriously. Interesting. If it's pure water-ice, I would be pretty happy. If it's organic/biological? Well.. be prepared to bring out the de-fibrillator and oxygen, because I would be rolling on the floor, caught in paroxisms of delight.
edit on 11/10/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I don't want to get off topic too much but then can you 'splain where reality ends and the wool begins? Such a fine line isn't it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I don't want to get off topic too much but then can you 'splain where reality ends and the wool begins? Such a fine line isn't it.

The Wool begins where an over-active imagination takes over. To believe the most convoluted, most complex is apparently the norm in a layman's world. Odd that.

I believe that some honcho once said: Its much more dangerous, complex and expensive to keep a moon-hoax hidden for years, than to áctually send someone to the Moon.

Let alone the fact that secrecy is néver guaranteed. Secrecy has a limited life-span.

Back to the Rover pics: Yup, it could be some tape, or binding material, but it's also a lot of fun to speculate about more exotic explanations. Exáctly the reason I enjoy ATS so much. I am not paranoid enough to come up with the more exotic, intrigueing explanations.
edit on 11/10/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It's a vauge image. But what got me was the suction-like "mouth" the object appeared to have. Pretty sure parts of the rover, at any given time, would not be mistaken to sport that feature.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join