It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity rover detects bright object on surface of Mars...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
looks like a fossilized crustacean claw tip to me. i highly doubt it's any part of Curiosity.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
I highly doubt a piece fell off of the 2 billion dollar rover that needed to make it across millions of miles of space in one piece. Come on now people.

I completely agree.
I also wonder, if NASA really did believe it was just a part of the rover, why say anything and release the picture in the first place? That would be silly.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I want to know why every picture they show us is fuzzy and out of focus? Why in the age of all the electronics we have they manage to pretend that they do not get a good picture of this item.. Hell You KNOW they have already see it and KNOW what the hell it is ..ergo...!!!!! WHY they are trying to pass it off as a piece of the rover.. COME ON .. are we that stupid? ..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I will reiterate my question:

Instead of showing us a #ty black & white mediocre closeup, why aren't they using the mahli cam? Why guessing like fools when we can have a crystal clear image?

edit on 9-10-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Intead of showing us a #ty black & white mediocre closeup, why aren't they using the mahli cam?
What makes you think they haven't?

Why guessing like fools when we can have a crystal clear image?
Because they don't really care about our guesses.

edit on 10/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

You could be right in some respects. Not exactly radio shack, but their cameras are not as state-of-the-art as I expected, according to this:

www.nbcnews.com...

"but what’s up with the spacecraft’s dinky 2 megapixel camera and equally dinky PowerPC 750 computer chip?

The spacecraft also has just 4.5 gigabytes of data storage,
The short answer, NASA scientists and space observers point out, is the team started working on the mission in 2004. At the time, these components were state-of-the-art technology already approved for the rigors of space travel including radiation bombardment and temperature extremes.

The problem is that the pace of technology moves so fast that what was relatively high-tech less than a decade ago looks comparatively lame today. Sure, any images whatsoever from the surface of Mars are super cool. "

I had set out to prove they must have high-tech cameras, and found I was wrong.

But this does make sense. They work on these projects for years, get everything all tested and approved, and then new technology comes out. I'm sure they would never get done if they kept starting all over when there is something new. It's not like it is a smart phone after all

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If NASA wanted to cover it up why would they tell you about it in the first place?????

I'm sure this has already been said but I swear, NASA could find the corpse of a little green man and parade it down the street and people would assume they have more/have found the tooth faery and are keeping it under wraps/have been hiding samples taken from a swab of God's inner cheek.

If NASA found a fossil or a grub or anything of the sort on Mar's surface they would get to return to the 60s with a sudden huge injection of funding. They would love to find *anything* to justify the cost of interstellar investigation during the current economic climate.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Well I do not believe there BS.. I believe that NASA is at least 50 years ahead of what they are passing off as Technology and the latest thing. I believe they are already on the Moon and Mars.. they are just feeding us crap is all, can't have us find out we are not alone and they are all lying to us...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by BlueAjah

Well I do not believe there BS.. I believe that NASA is at least 50 years ahead of what they are passing off as Technology and the latest thing. I believe they are already on the Moon and Mars.. they are just feeding us crap is all, can't have us find out we are not alone and they are all lying to us...
Exactly right. I agree. You can bet it's out of the question that they'll show us questionable pictures from Ma- oh, wait. Right I forgot about the OP and the picture that shows questionable objects. Dammit, NASA. Y U RUIN MY CONSPIRACY THEORY?!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Voldster

I think you will find they are probably as perplexed as us.
They saw something on mars, they had to give a reason for this object so used the easiest excuse....its part of the rover.

Im pretty sure after a day or two many will forget this, NASA will say no more, and thats it.

If they do realize its life, or not part of the rover, do you think they will come forward and say so? I doubt it. They have implanted the theory of it being part of the rover, and lots of people will just accept it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashishin_no1
I would hardly say it's falling apart. It looks like a piece of protective tape has peeled off.
Nasa link
Nasa Link
Nasa close up
No surprising the amount that must be on it. I guess some will loosen up with weathering and peel off.

But then again..... it could be a stowaway cockroach

if it were color it would be easy to tell. I believe they are capable of taking a color picture of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronnie6657
www.extremetech.com...

Looks to me like a live insect until they pick it up and kill it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Well, here's my opinion.

First NASA lied to us because there were aliens in fleets flocking to earth. They had to 'wash' out images of the sky that we see in google sky, because it proved this.

Evidence #1. Aliens Are Coming.

Then, NASA lied to us because there were structures on the moon. They had to 'photoshop' out images of the surface that show areas where the Greys have things and stuff.

Evidence #2. Aliens Are There.

Not long after this, NASA lied to us because there are cities on Mars. They didn't do a good enough job of pixelating the houses and it looks like a 5 year old must have done it.

Evidence #3. Aliens Are There, and We Can't Work a PC.

And lets add a few random things in here and there, spice up the stew, so to speak. Like, the tether incident, the orbs that appear in uniform patterns, add some "What if E.T. was based on a realz??" and then we leave it a few months. Apart from Zorgon.

Now, NASA lies to us because there is indeed life on Mars. It's that small we need to see a drawing of it to actually see it, and not only that, but out of a gazillion places to land, the curiosity lands right smack bang not on a dead seafloor of decaying fishies, but where there is a single lone dead fishy, that has awaited millions of years for a curiosity rover to appear and rumble his pad.

Evidence #4. It's Life jim, but somehow strange fish on mars that have been dead quite a long time deserves the entire conspiracy of an entire government(s) colluding to hide this small fish, for fear it will cause panic and throw the entire human population into utter chaos, the likes we've never seen in all of history.

Someone might even blog about it.

edit on 9-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

As absurd as all that sounds it's all true

Never
A
Straight
Answer

p.s. operation paperclip

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A few things.

If NASA were trying to cover it up they wouldn't have released the picture.

Doesn't Curiosity have a super high tech microscope on board to analyze soil samples? Can't it analyze this 'thing'?

Curiosity was kept meticulously free of dirt, debris, micro-organisms etc... anything is possible but if that thing is in fact organic I think it's highly unlikely it came from earth.

Wasn't the landing site chosen because it is believed to have once been a sea bed? And particularly valuable because there were layers of that area turned up by collisions of some sort?

I don't think it's ludicrous to consider it could be something off the rover, it's windy and grainy... that's bound to cause some kind of damage. It is awfully shiny though before it got scooped up.

I don't think it's ludicrous to consider it could be organic... dug up by those collisions I mentioned earlier. And who is to say whatever it is would be a rare one in a million find.

It's very exciting though, I hope it does prove organic!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
The rover took a scoop of dirt, and this fell out :scary:

NASA say...or would like us to believe should i say, that this is part of the rover. If this were part of the rover then how comes no one saw it in the scoop before? I believe this was on Mars before the rover arrived.

What do you think? Do you buy the official story or do you think this could be the first piece of evidence pointing to life on mars? NASA has said they will do no more digging until they can work out what it is.

www.foxnews.com...

NASA officials say the Curiosity rover has made its first scoop of the surface of planet Mars and has detected a bright object on the ground. Officials said in a news release Monday that they suspect the object might be a part of the six-wheeled rover, but they won't sample or scoop anymore until they figure out what it is.

edit on 9-10-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)
H

How can you call this the "first piece of evidence pointing to life on mars" when you have this:
www.msss.com... (Dr. Malin of Nasa)
Though of course it probably would be denied because of politics etc.

There is so much on that planet that has been leaked, let alone the way things have been smudged etc.
Methane underground by the loads and loads.

Even the tubes show a possibility of life, Gary Wilcox's testimony.of meeting two men from mars should be looked at and studied by EVERY urologist alive.

Great find, almost kind of reminds me of this, but with a baby kangaroo on it's side pocket

www.picturesof.net...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

However, this image is not enough to make any solid conclusions in my opinion. It could be a whole range of things. A lot of natural things are reflective and shiny...

name more inorganic things that are reflective and shiny and are on Mars. If it's a dead martian roach that's a damn pretty solid conclusion right there isn't it?

Well, in general there could be shiny crystalline pieces of rocks. It could also be not native to Mars, and be a tiny piece of plastic or something that came from the rover.

I'm not saying it IS a crystalline piece of rock, or even necessarily a part of the rover, but you asked to "name more inorganic things that are reflective and shiny and are on Mars", so that's what I did.

edit on 10/9/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

true I think it was the use of the word "natural" that raised my eyebrow. I read that wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
It seems to be a piece of the rover!

A small piece of NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity has apparently fallen off into the Red Planet dirt, scientists announced today.

‘Bright Object’ on Mars Actually Plastic From Curiosity Rover

I am guessing this is the part where a few days later the rover starts to malfunction due to said piece falling off the insulation. NASA cant figure out why but speculates it's the part that fell off.

*mission goes black after finding insect/arthropod remains.
edit on 9-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
NASA didn't even have to tell you they found it... Why would they tell you just to cover it up? Some of you people are so void of logic.

I think you made a typo. It's not "some", it's "most". Now, it makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join