It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Don't Think About THAT [BMHWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
"So we're all set then?"

"I'll see you about eleven, Donna, after I swing by to pick up Jenny and Craig."

"I love you Steve. You're the best. I've been sooo looking forward to this camping trip. Like totally."

"I love you too. Now get to sleep, because 11 will roll around really early in the morning, and we have a three hour drive."

Donna smiled, and brushed her long blond hair behind her ear. "Goodnight then."

"Goodnight hun."

Steve rolled up to the curb, radio blaring, in front of Donna's house, and Donna ran out with a backpack full of gear. Steve had gotten out and opened the back hatch on his SUV, and stowed Donna's gear, after which she threw her arms around his neck and gave him a big kiss. Craig leaned forward from the back seat, and after honking the horn a few times, hollered "get a room!" out the side window. Donna and Steve smiled at each other, then both got back in. Shifting into gear, Steve drove back out onto the road, looking in the rear view mirror, he saw Jenny and Craig making out in the back seat. He reached over and took Donna's hand in his own, and noticed she was smiling at him.

Traveling along the highway, Jenny finally spoke up.

"So what do you guys know about the creature in the woods?"

"What creature?" Craig queried, catching the attention of the two teens in the front seat. Steve turned the radio down so they could all listen to Jenny.

"Supposedly four kids were murdered while camping at the location we're going to."

Donna laughed. "Sure, right!"

"No, really, it's a true story", Jenny continued, "It happened about five years ago. I read about it on the internet."

"Aaaaand?"

"Well, supposedly there's a Creature in the woods, something like a werewolf or something, that roams the woods and feeds off people's fears."

"Aww," Craig interjected, "That's just a stupid Halloween story." Jenny slapped his arm, looking hurt.

"No really," Steve responded, "I think I read something about it too. Something about a group of campers that saw it, but it didn't attack them, because they had garlic and holy water with them." Steve burst out laughing. Donna giggled.

As the conversation continued, Steve turned off the highway and onto a gravel road winding up into the hills. They spent the rest of the afternoon collecting firewood and setting up camp. Dusk approached.

With everyone sitting around the campfire, Craig left, saying he'd be right back. He returned from rummaging in the back of the SUV, was carrying a cooler that appeared heavy.

"Anyone want a beer?" Three hands went up. As he was passing out brews, they all heard a loud snap from beyond the glow of the fire. Everyone looked at each other, their eyes wide. No one spoke for a moment.

"What was that?" Donna asked quietly.

Steve reassured her, "Probably just a deer. This is the woods you know." Steve put his arm around her, and pulled her close, which allowed Donna to snuggle up close. He winked at Craig, who sat back down beside Jenny.

"I'll bet it was that creature."

Donna looked at her, with fear in her eyes. "Do you REALLY think so Jenny?"

"It could be. Just don't think about THAT. That's what gives it it's powers."

"What do you mean, powers?"

"Well, the more we think about it, the stronger it gets, the bigger it grows, and the hungrier it gets."

"Jenny, you're scaring me. Quit that!"

Jenny smiled. "Ooooooo." She waved her hands in the air, back and forth. "Oooooooooooo!"

Craig hugged her, and kissed her on the forehead. "Aww, c'mon hun, you're scaring her."

"That's all part of the fun of camping." She kissed him back. "Now can you hand me another beer?"

Several beers later, Jenny stood up suddenly and announced, "I gotta go pee. Be right back", as she staggered slightly past the edge of the campsite. The friends kept talking, and drinking their beers, when suddenly they heard a scream.

Craig immediately dashed in the direction Jenny had went. Soon both coming back to the fire, Jenny crying and sobbing.

"Oh my god," Donna asked, "What happened?"

"I...I...saw something," Jenny stuttered through sobs, "It had red eyes, and was Watching me!"

"I want to go."

"But it's late, and we're too drunk to drive," Steve protested. "Let's just build the fire higher and wait it out. We have plenty of beer left. Let's not think about THAT."

Jenny calmed down, and opened another beer. "I don't know guys, that was pretty freaky." She chuckled a bit, "especially being caught with my pants down!" Craig hugged her, and the mood lifted a bit. They started talking again, nervous conversation, trying to laugh it off.

That is, until they heard the howl, and close by at that. Long and drawn out, it made their spine tingle and hair stand on end.

"That's it!" Donna exclaimed, "I am NOT sleeping in the tent tonight, I'm sleeping in the SUV."

"Me too," Jenny immediately piped in, "there's something out there." Craig and Steve both agreed.

They stoked the fire high, then all of then grabbed their sleeping bags, and trudged towards the SUV. With the doors locked, Steve suggested they all get some sleep, or at least try to.

They had almost drifted off, when the whole vehicle shook violently, rocking them alert. The girls both screamed. Craig looked at Steve, and asked, "What the HECK was that?"

"I don't know."

Suddenly, a bloody rabbit smacked against the windshield, smattering blood everywhere. The girls screamed again. The vehicle rocked back and forth, then was still.

"Oh my god," Donna cried, "that thing wants to eat us!"

Steve had started the SUV, and turned on the wipers, trying to clean off the bloody windshield, but the rabbit carcass was wedged in tight. He opened the door to go outside and pull it off, but with a sudden flash and a grunt, he disappeared from sight. The girls both screamed hysterically, "Close the door! Close the door!" as Craig clamored into the driver's seat and yanked the door closed.

"What do we do? Steve's gone!" Donna shrieked, "What do we do?"

Just then, Steve's corpse was tossed onto the hood, bloody and chewed apart, and Craig wet himself. He shifted the SUV into gear, and slammed on the gas pedal, taking off recklessly, careening full speed across the road and away from the camp site. Craig didn't see the rut in the road in time, but it caught the vehicle and threw it straight into a nearby tree, immediately stopping the vehicle and ejecting him through the front windshield. The howling started again.

The girls, holding each other in the back seat, just cried and sobbed, panic stricken, and they didn't notice that the creature was crawling on top the hood and was ready to crawl inside the vehicle until too late. With it's jaws inches from their faces, it snapped it them open and shut growling at them, and as they screamed one final time, the creature lunged forward and shredded them both, Donna first as Jenny watched helplessly, and as she screamed, the creature looked at her one final time, it's red eyes glowing brightly at her. Then nothing.

The End.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Awesome!!! My kind of story.....

Can't wait for the movie!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Nice tale my friend. I felt as if I were watching an after dark Saturday night feature on cable.

Look out Beez, the creature is throwing bloody rabbit corpses!

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Thanks for reading!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

That was added just to scare him. (Trying to get a flag from the bunny!)

Thanks for reading.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by snarky412

Thanks for reading!

Very well written, I might add....

[ETA: R.I.P.....Bunny
]
edit on 9-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Great story!
But I will never pee comfortably in the woods ever again! Our family camps a lot and now having younglings I would like a camper/anything for an inside potty because crawling out of the tent in the middle of the night to go pee has always given me the hebbe jebbies! And I have done it a lot!

Great work OP! But thanks for the red eyes!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nice work!

You have to love the mystery and fear of an unknown creature stalking you in the dark.

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
How I love happy endings !!!

That was a great story. I'm sure it'll stay in the back of my mind next time I go camping !!

S&F.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Holy hannah good show old bloke!

join