It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Monikers (Writer, Scholar, all that jazz)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was wondering if it would be possible to get a special moniker of "artist" or "graphic artist" or "avatar designer" or something of the like for the folks that work so hard and so well over on the Avatar Creations thread. (106 pages after only 3 months!!) We have some folks who are extremely AWESOME graphic artists who always step up to help people with customized avatars.

Not so much me these days, but there are some folks there who go to great lengths to provide assistance to others and they are absolutely wonderful, giving people. It would be really cool to see them get a special moniker to their name like the writers have.

It's ok to say "no", I just thought I'd ask since they do so much for others and it would be great to see them get something in return.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
THAT is a MUST have imho. YES from me

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I was wondering if it would be possible to get a special moniker of "artist" or "graphic artist" or "avatar designer" or something of the like for the folks that work so hard and so well over on the Avatar Creations thread. (106 pages after only 3 months!!) We have some folks who are extremely AWESOME graphic artists who always step up to help people with customized avatars.

Not so much me these days, but there are some folks there who go to great lengths to provide assistance to others and they are absolutely wonderful, giving people. It would be really cool to see them get a special moniker to their name like the writers have.

It's ok to say "no", I just thought I'd ask since they do so much for others and it would be great to see them get something in return.

Thank you

I think that's a very good idea!

Those who contribute to ATS in a meaningful and organized fashion should have such a label applied.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
what...you mean somone can make me an avatar???

please tell me where....

peace

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
what...you mean somone can make me an avatar???

please tell me where....

peace

Just click the link to the thread Avatar Creations
(also in my sig line)

I'm headed to bed, but just post what you want, and they will fix you right up either tonight or by tomorrow!

no charging or anything of that nature, just great folks who like to play with graphic programs

edit on 8-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A Great idea!I've had a few people here help me with my avatar(no PC).The latest being Symbiot and the only way to thank him and recognize his skill was to mention him in my signature.Folks like him and others should get attention not just for their skill but their assistance to total strangers!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I like that Idea and would wear it with pride and honor.
Thank you PurpleChiten for recommending it it's a great idea.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Agarta because: spelling and added a thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think that is a wonderful idea! Our gracious designers need to be recognized, and that specialized title is just the ticket.

J

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Yeah good idea. Then people would know who to ask and can these artist recognize eachother and maybe "hook up" exchanging experiance and ideas.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I agree. There are some talented people on ATS. Ive seen some of the best Avatars, here.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Sadly I made a request, did 2 or more weeks of overtime, and came back and had no clue where I was at, hopefully some one can give me a hint...hint, hint

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Which title did you request? List it here (or U2U me ) and I'll see to it that it's considered by staff!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I remember you requested an avatar is that what you are asking about or a status?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Both, I believe.

edit on 9-10-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
As I understand it, these labels imply no special status, talent or high standing.

Each allows for participation on restricted boards.

Writer status allows a member to participate in collaborative writing.

Fighter status allows participation on the debates board.

Scholar status allows for participation in the research projects forum.

So if there were some art based collaborative activity board created, then this idea might come into play. Labels for the sake of labels aren't the purpose.

Not to say that those who help out with graphics and avatars shouldn't be appreciated.
edit on 10/9/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Sadly I made a request, did 2 or more weeks of overtime, and came back and had no clue where I was at, hopefully some one can give me a hint...hint, hint

Peace, NRE.

Oh no! Sorry if we overlooked you, I deeply apologize. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. If you'd like to let us know what you wanted, we'll put something together for you.

Agarta is one of our most prominent artists and will most definitely have an amazing outcome. I'm only mediocre but will happily try to help all I can

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
As I understand it, these labels imply no special status, talent or high standing.

Each allows for participation on restricted boards.

Writer status allows a member to participate in collaborative writing.

Fighter status allows participation on the debates board.

Scholar status allows for participation in the research projects forum.

So if there were some art based collaborative activity board created, then this idea might come into play. Labels for the sake of labels aren't the purpose.

Not to say that those who help out with graphics and avatars shouldn't be appreciated.
edit on 10/9/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

I hadn't considered that. Thanks for that explanation.

The thread we us is a bit of a collaborative area, but very unofficial. Perhaps that's something ATS would consider in the future as we continue to grow our efforts

I'm always looking for ways to recognize the great talent over there. Agarta up above is absolutely amazing! We have some great Mods there too! I guess I've got the bug in the ear of the folks in charge and hope something can be thought of to help recognize the great talent. As I said, mine is only mediocre, but folks like Agarta and our other great artists are absolutely amazing!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No apology necessary, I just lost where I was in the thread, and I know there were a few that were offering and posting for me, but when I got back I had NO idea where I was in the queue.

So I will write it here as I know where to find it

I am looking for something original of the duality of love and hate, with a hint of what my name NRE means in mind, or even the name included, thank you soooooo much in advance

Peace, NRE.

BTW thank you sonnny1 for the U2U, I havent figured out how to see them enlarged but I will in a few

edit on 9-10-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Or maybe someone can tell me around what I page I was on in the first place, and see if there was anything left there that I have yet to see

I dont want to miss anything. Im not being lazy, but after page 30, I dont think I got that far.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

No apology necessary, I just lost where I was in the thread, and I know there were a few that were offering and posting for me, but when I got back I had NO idea where I was in the queue.

So I will write it here as I know where to find it

I am looking for something original of the duality of love and hate, with a hint of what my name NRE means in mind, or even the name included, thank you soooooo much in advance

Peace, NRE.

BTW thank you sonnny1 for the U2U, I havent figured out how to see them enlarged but I will in a few

edit on 9-10-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

I sent you some posibilities and reposted in the other thread for you so the other folks may come up with something too... I'll try to find your other page number over there too

Here's the link to the new post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join