It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea says missiles can strike US mainland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
all of you are laughing, but what if n. korea drives deep into s. korea and are 80 miles from seoul.

guess who's going to get drafted and finding themselves staring down a battalion of n. koreans re-enacting the battle of bloody ridge.

not to mention the endless stream of chinese reinforcements pouring in from the north.

but this time, they won't be vastly out gunned by artillery and aircraft.

it'll be you jackasses dodging cruise missiles and long range ballistics landing on your position.

launched safely from the chinese mainland and without deterrence because the u.s. won't strike the chinese mainland and risk escalating the conflict.

edit on 9-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So what? With our military technology if we should be be able to detect and eliminate any threat from such a distance it wouldnt matter if they have the capability or not. Or every defense shield we have set up at home or abroad is useless and a waste of resources better spent on real issues.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Poor SK all they have is the US Military.

I'm not sure what you mean here but the U.S. Military is only valuable to the South Koreans if our presence there DETERS an attack. The measly few we have stationed in the Republic of Korea are FAR FAR too few to actually fight a real move from the north. They've never been meant to.

Ever heard the term Speedbump force? That's what the South Korean deployment of U.S. Troops is at those numbers and I've heard that term used all the way back into the 80's to describe them. It just means they'll do nothing but slow the North Koreas down a bit as they have to slow for the 'Speed Bump'.

...and as that speed bump fully commits the most powerful military the world has at the moment.....THAT has SUPPOSED to have been enough to insure war has never happened again. It's worked SO far....let's hope Kim doesn't get a case of the crazy stupids and change status quo for no good reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
so they are only 60 years behind us now

dang

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

not to mention the endless stream of chinese reinforcements pouring in from the north.
the u.s. won't strike the chinese mainland and risk escalating the conflict.

It's not 1952. No way in hell are the Chinese going to back North Korea in an invasion of the south. That war would be over almost as fast as one started by North Korea trying to launch missiles at the U.S.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Lil' Kimmy needs to go play with his toys... NK is a joke, and stuck in the stone age mindset. If they ever DARED to fire off one towards our land, NK would become glass in 8 mins.

You know, that is fellow humans being killed that you seem to be happy about occurring, All this big talk of my penis is bigger than yours is what I imagine to be called frat boy talk in the state's does tend to get up my nose. Go over there yourself and blow the smithereens out of them yourself if that's what you want, grow some cajhuna's and wise up. You could just of easily been born to a N.Korean woman. They are humans like you & I, what did they ever do to you? Its your government you attentions should be on, yet they continue to manage to steer your attention to another part of the world...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
korea is scary in korea, but over here, even if they could launch an attack you'd have the entire north american population pissed off at you...

they would be decimated within a week if we were actually pissed unlike Iraq.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
korea is scary in korea, but over here, even if they could launch an attack you'd have the entire north american population pissed off at you...

they would be decimated within a week if we were actually pissed unlike Iraq.

“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.”

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Iran = potential but not proven threat to the middle east = Sanctions and potential war
Israel = proven threat to middle east = free tech
N.korea = proven threat to the USA = .................?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
North Korea has a missile that can hit the mainland us? How are they going to achieve that mail the missile to us. Use FedEx?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Who cares? We can't be hit with missiles anyway.

Please don't tell me you actually believe that. North Korea may not be a threat but the U.S most certainly can be hit if enough missiles are launched. I've never understood where the myth that America is untouchable has come from, their missile defence is far from perfect. Russia and China have enough missiles to completely overwhelm it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is wonderful news.
Washington DC?!
Gimme six months to move to the midwest though.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

Your right. Get enough countries to form an alliance against the USA and yous would have a few problems stopping missiles hitting the homeland. But I don't think its the homeland that they would be worried about. Decimating the troops around the globe would and should be their first priority it they had any brains.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not trying to be belligerent but South Korea has one of the top ten armies in the world, equipped with US and their own stuff, they will be ok.
edit on 10-10-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
May I be the first one to call BS or am I too late?

The only way they can get a missile such as that is from the Chinese, the Chinese wouldn't give them the technology due to the North Korean "government" being lunatics and dragging China into a possible majoy conflict with NATO.

Believe me, I seriously doubt that China wants war.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Those are all valid points. And as you said, many countries are in favor of Obama, he will only destroy this country even more, N. Korea had the balls to threaten us, if somebody else was in the White House, that never would have happened. Every other country is disrespectful as hell to America, and he allows it. During the Bush presidency, I don't ever remember such a thing happening. Nor do I remember ambassadors dying. It's unbelievable what is actually going on. Even more unbelievable that people want a second term for him.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Americans view their military differently to the rest of the world. America military isn't that far ahead of what other countries have.

If they have better weapons that nobody knows of fair enough. But currently that is only speculation.

UK, Russia, China and France don't spent trillions on technology, but in other ways these countries have smarter fighters. And have been fighting way longer than the United States has been a country.

The US military didn't do jack crap on 9/11 if North Korea wanted to take out large portions of American cities personally i think they could do it.. But every nation is aware their is going to be "blowback" if you go and nuke another country, just because you can..Gone are the days were the United States could just drop a couple of bombs on Japan and it would be forgotten. A nuclear attack on another country the aggressor is likely to receive a similar response back. This is the world we live in today.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
May I be the first one to call BS or am I too late?

The only way they can get a missile such as that is from the Chinese, the Chinese wouldn't give them the technology due to the North Korean "government" being lunatics and dragging China into a possible majoy conflict with NATO.

Believe me, I seriously doubt that China wants war.

Remember story from last year were it was alleged an ICBM was fired off the California coast.

This was a missile fired from a foreign sub Chinese or North Korea. Was it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
UK, Russia, China and France don't spent trillions on technology, but in other ways these countries have smarter fighters. And have been fighting way longer than the United States has been a country.

The British, French and Russians are better fighters than Americans because they've been at it longer? Then why did they need the U.S. to bail them out in WWII?

Originally posted by P12SOLD
The US military didn't do jack crap on 9/11 if North Korea wanted to take out large portions of American cities personally i think they could do it..

I'm not a big fan of the U.S. war machine but they've definitely put the hurt on Al Qaeda the last ten years and they were a lot harder to locate than the North Koreans would be.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
N. Korea had the balls to threaten us, if somebody else was in the White House, that never would have happened. Every other country is disrespectful as hell to America, and he allows it. During the Bush presidency, I don't ever remember such a thing happening. .

I guess you have a short memory. North Korea's first nuclear test was during the Bush presidency. They continued to saber rattle during later negotiations and Bush caved by delisting them as sponsors of terrorism.

online.wsj.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join