It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea says missiles can strike US mainland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
If we laughed mercilessly at Il what makes Un think he has a chance. South Korea isn't afraid of you and their right next door.

Actually, South Korea are sh!tting themselves. They wouldn't have the USA otherwise.

I think North Korea would opportunists. Lets say a war started with Iran, I think they would try and knock out US influence in the region just as iran have said they might do in the Middle East. They are good buddies also aren't they?

I think China would spank their little N. Korean butts faster than they could patch up a missile with enough scrounged parts to even attempt any kind of threat to the Middle East.

Des

la2

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

What people are missing here is not what one country can do, but what happens if, and in my opinion when, the countries against the US ally together.

If N. Korea, China, Russia, Iran, Egypt and Pakistan for an alliance then things become very bad, very quickly, Russia holds the vast majority of European energy, making it very difficult for Europe to actively side with a weak USA, particularly during winter, Japan and Australia will not want to get on the wrong side of China, and Israel already feels The White House has left it to fend for itself, so an attack by Egypt and Iran would be the worst case for them.

Now Imagine that all this was going on at the same time, where would the US place its loyalty, Israel? Europe? Austalasia?

I feel all the posturing is just the beginning, Governments around the world are looking at this Presidential Election, knowing that its result has global ramifications, another Obama term would see things go bad fast.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

China is owed too much money by us, and their economy depends too much on our consumers. Some of the other Countries depend too much on our foreign aid.

All the others depend on the shaky little boat not rocking too much, lest they go down with it.....

It's a deadly dance of balance at this point in time.

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
If we laughed mercilessly at Il what makes Un think he has a chance. South Korea isn't afraid of you and their right next door.

Now I wouldn't say the South Koreans are in the same boat we are at all. We also have a large number of troops all over South Korea who'd probably take it in the teeth as well. I wouldn't call it fear either, only because the ROK's had fear bred out of them or something...but acceptance and stubbornness might be a better term?

North Korea is estimated to have 11,000 Artillery Pieces deployed, maintained and ready to fire on EACH VOLLEY. Those little people took the Russian concept of going cheap but going MANY and went absolutely crazy with it. I can't even imagine 11,000 rounds coming down and the destruction of Seoul isn't a matter of hours but volleys.

but then....the South has a surprise or two as well and hopefully never sees a North willing to start another war to find out. Who knows though. CIA Intelligence a few weeks before the last Korean War said there was no real chance of any hostilities and the North had no such intentions. Ooops.. hard to read, they definitely are and all kinds of history seems to be choosing just now to play a repeat. Anyone else notice that?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
How did America beat the Indians? Paid a couple guys to shoot millions of Buffalo dead and the Indians all starved to death.

Same tactic is working against North Korea and China.

When Australia took their hundreds of tons of Orange crops and dumped them in a pile in a field to rot.......instead of selling them to the Chinese.....I laughed so hard I farted.

Good food thrown away to starve Asia to DEATH. North Korea's only going to have a population of 2 million come springtime after they have to eat each other to get through the winter.

Chinas going to have a little trouble in the food department during the winter as well.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Lil' Kimmy needs to go play with his toys... NK is a joke, and stuck in the stone age mindset. If they ever DARED to fire off one towards our land, NK would become glass in 8 mins.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Its a bluff . They are trying to scare America

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Poor SK all they have is the US Military.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
And two Ohio class nuke subs just waiting for Kimmy to make a really fatal move.
I think that is more than enough.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
North Korea has chihuahua syndrome. They have a nasty attitude and get all puffed up trying to prove they are bigger than they are. People might laugh at them when they get all barky and think that's so cute that they think they are so tough.

The trouble with that is, sometimes chihuahuas bite. If a neighbor had a mean little chihuahua barking at my kids on the other side of the fence, I would be afraid to let my kids play in the yard. So, I don't blame South Korea for being nervous. All that little dog has to do is get over the fence one day and it could do damage. Sure someone, some big dog maybe, will come along quickly and put it in its place, but it could nip some ankles in the meantime.

North Korea's government is insane. They care more about threats than feeding their people. They don't know how to play nice with the rest of the world. Insanity is not a good trait for a government with weapons to have.

I do think other countries would stomp them down fast if they try something, but they could do a bit of damage first.

As for China keeping them in reign, China almost owns the US. They may depend on our consumers to a point, but what if they cut off sending goods to the US? The US has no means to support ourselves anymore. If China wanted to finish the job of owning us, all they have to do is let someone like North Korea do us some damage.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Let the little dog bite a man much larger than itself and see what happens. I love dogs to death, but if I get bit by one, you bet your rear quarter it's getting a swift, calculated backhand. Then, some hugs, and a lesson learned.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

EMT can send use back to the dark ages,then we would be at there leval.....
Ninga ,lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

That is very true

I would like to add the disclaimer that I LOVE dogs.
We have always had dogs (but bigger ones).

Back on topic...

However, those little bites can hurt. They might not do permanent damage, but they will bleed and might even need stitches. North Korea might not have the strength to do extensive damage, but they could do some hurt.

I guess we just have to do what the US has been doing. Keep an eye on them out of the corner of our eye, just in case they get too close, but don't totally ignore the threat. Other than that, there are more important things to worry about.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I'm not as concerned with them shooting the missiles directly at us as I am them shooting them miles above us and exploding a nuke causing an Electromagnetic Pulse in turn frying our power infrastructure.
It's our Achilles heel.
edit on 8-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

their missle wouldn't get near us...it would be shot down over the pacific. the problem with EMP is the civilian infrastructure, not government or the military

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
According to the BBC News Website their latest rocket can reach Alaska and parts of Canada, however when you look at the last test they conducted recently, it will more than likely crash in the sea off Japan. It's just North Korea responding to what South Korea yesterday as they have increased their missile ranges too.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9-10-2012 by Shminkee Pinkee because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by Shminkee Pinkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

But if our civilian infrastructure goes down there will be mass riots and mayhem. How is a government supposed to be run when its civilians are openly tearing down the system?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by jimmyx

But if our civilian infrastructure goes down there will be mass riots and mayhem. How is a government supposed to be run when its civilians are openly tearing down the system?

FEMA is more than prepared to deal with rioting Americans when war comes knocking at our door.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yeah, and my **** hangs down below my knees. Somebody needs to eradicate the entitre N. Korean government

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well lets face it
The US has to drum up public support for the Japanese missile shield don't they........ If the US is soooooooo great at taking out missiles ..........as some of you state .......what's the need for this missile shield

Gotta justify that expense to the US public somehow

The china/Japan thing is kinda going quiet in the media......time to drop the next fear bomb

And as for some of you openly calling for war/ the destruction of NK ..........awake, enlightened, aware,.......my left nut !

I remember a few years ago rumours of an assassination attempt ....or should I say plot against Kim Jong il so his son, being more pro western could come to power

3 years later ...............

Sorry for that little rant
But I'm getting increasingly sick of the cattle.........perhaps our worst fears are true, and indeed warranted. Time to thin the herd
edit on 9-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I'm not as concerned with them shooting the missiles directly at us as I am them shooting them miles above us and exploding a nuke causing an Electromagnetic Pulse in turn frying our power infrastructure.
It's our Achilles heel.
edit on 8-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

their missle wouldn't get near us...it would be shot down over the pacific. the problem with EMP is the civilian infrastructure, not government or the military

Our civilian infrastructure is who makes up the government and military. We would all be affected. How many would fail to show up if they had to stay and guard their family and homes? How would they even get the call to come in? How would they get there?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join