It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea says missiles can strike US mainland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
N.Korea says missiles can strike US mainland

SEOUL — North Korea said it possessed "strategic rocket forces" capable of striking the US mainland, as it responded to a new US-South Korean deal to extend the range of the South's missile systems.

In a series of bulletins released on the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Tuesday, the spokesman of the National Defense Commission also said Pyongyang was ready to match any enemy, "nuclear for nuclear, missile for missile".

The warnings came two days after South Korea announced an agreement with the United States to almost triple the range of its missiles to cover the whole of North Korea.

"We are not concealing the fact that (North Korea's) revolutionary military, including strategic rocket forces, has placed not only South Korean enemy forces and US forces in the Korean peninsula but also Japan, Guam and even the US mainland within its target range," the spokesman said.

www.google.com...
www.reuters.com...

More bluff from North Korea, or consider this to be a very serious threat?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Didn't they test an ICBM a couple years ago and almost hit Australia it was so far off their aim

I recall something along the lines a while back...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

So basically," we have the range to hit you, But we are using the Stevie Wonder missile guidance system, it works much first gen Battleship. but don't worry eventually we are gonna hit you."

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

Nothing to worry about. That government is nothing but a bunch of buffoons. They'd be a bloody smear in short order if they tried anything...... And if it were a nuke, most of the world would help take them down. Can't fight a ground war when you're people are starving.... Screw 'em.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Okay, so they can hit us. Hmm.. They said this garbage in the 90's to play Clinton for more food and fuel oil aid too. Maybe they do...Maybe they don't. I don't believe it until they shoot one that actually works for a change....in a safe direction...and it lands within a full map grid box of where they intended it to.

When they have that part down, I'd just note to them that while they may have 'some missiles'....the U.S. had 4 thousand nuclear warheads last I checked and a little over 1,000 in deployed status. They could hurt us....we'd literally erase them as if mankind had never discovered that little piece of Asia.

link   
Oh no, i'm shaking in fear of an attack from Korea!
what a joke. Korea is as fierce and scary as a kitten. Not to mention every country says crap like this to strike fear into citizens, like an alpha male. When in reality, its never true, or it just would never happen. Especially not with Korea rofl. Again, what a joke. They should also be careful with how they say things, if they say that to another country, then that country could take that as a threat.

link   
reply to post by CarpeLibertas

Whatever they got going on, we can vaporize it from space before it gets close. There's no way in hell I'm going to take this as an actual threat we should be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who cares? We can't be hit with missiles anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

isn't this like telling your wife you actually have £200 pounds in your pocket not £100 pounds?

talk about asking for trouble.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This from the same people that used phony missiles in their parade to honor the new Baby Kim as ruler....

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Considering it takes them a month to set up a missile test I wouldn't worry too much about a mass attack. Though I guess it only takes one but it has to fly straight first.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm not as concerned with them shooting the missiles directly at us as I am them shooting them miles above us and exploding a nuke causing an Electromagnetic Pulse in turn frying our power infrastructure.
It's our Achilles heel.
edit on 8-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it, did they think everyone forgot about that dud a few months back? Also, if they think AK counts as striking the mainland, I guess they would be right...but I don't see how destroying a small island in a chain of small islands off the coast of Alaska is going to affect anyone.

These turds need to hang up their military ambitions and focus on something productive.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Enemy state: Hahahah we have weapons capable of striking the US!!!!
Reply: LOL whatever, if you say so. I'm so scared! bring it, if you can!!

Enemy state: We're trying to enrich Uranium to use in Nuclear reactors for power generation....
Reply: OMG, sanctions and air strikes!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Cheap talk.

Period.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If we laughed mercilessly at Il what makes Un think he has a chance. South Korea isn't afraid of you and their right next door.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If the Americans can hit a satellite with a missile I am sure they can manage a long range missile from north korea

On Feb. 14, 2008, President George W. Bush announced the United States would shoot down its own USA 193 spy satellite. The U.S. lost contact with the satellite only a few hours after its launch in December 2006 by the National Office of Reconnaissance (NRO). A year later, USA 193 entered into a decaying orbit -- moving toward Earth -- and would re-enter the Earth's sometime in March 2008, out of any kind of human control. A missile fired from the U.S.S. Lake Erie hit the satellite at 10:26 p.m. on Feb. 20, successfully destroying the errant bird.

full article

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

They were test firing a missile which could possibly land off the North coast of Australia. Looking at the world map, that is a very good range.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
If we laughed mercilessly at Il what makes Un think he has a chance. South Korea isn't afraid of you and their right next door.

Actually, South Korea are sh!tting themselves. They wouldn't have the USA otherwise.

I think North Korea would opportunists. Lets say a war started with Iran, I think they would try and knock out US influence in the region just as iran have said they might do in the Middle East. They are good buddies also aren't they?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

These turds need to hang up their military ambitions and focus on something productive.

Like Tae Kwon Do or maybe an awesome Korean food chain restaurant!

I'd love to sit down in a fast food kim chi, bagogi (sp?), and rice....watching some tae kwon do movies

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join