It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Just Seriously Hear The Misfits in a TV Jingle WTF.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ok.....
So Holiday In Cambodia Sold Jeans - Dead Kennedy's (with Out Jello's Permission)

The Pogues sold the rights to If I should fall from the grace of god to Subaru....(Totally Unknown how the two link together)

And Now I just heard my favorite Misfits Song selling RUM....my sweet baby Jesus...what the hell? When did punk rock become a commercial success to sell products...That absolutely have nothing to do with subject matter.
Next thing I am going to be hearing is Minor Threat selling insurance to Out of Step. Or maybe I will hear G.G. Allin selling Advil,Or some Black Flag selling Ambilify.

Well Cheers to everything I love being sold .....#

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Man, I'm piggybacking on a neighbors WiFi on my cell until I get my stuff hooked up in my new digs...what song? As long as it wasn't "20 eyes" or "astro zombies" I think I can deal...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

When did Punk Rock become a way to make money?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

I could be wrong - or thinking of an advert for a local bar/event/other such thing. But I am positive that, several years back we had a TV commercial here that used "We Are 138" in it.

And Tom Savini did a local Halloween "haunted house" here for several years and one of his commercials used "Dig Up Her Bones".

Personally, I think it's cool. I have a 17 year old nephew who, a few years back, listened to only new commercial metal - until a Pink Floyd song was on a radio commercial and captured his fancy. Now he and I sit around going through MY cd collection and he's like a kid in a candy store. Let the young ones be exposed to the good stuff!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is worth mentioning

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I have been in some successful punk rock bands...Its been over 6 years since I last recorded on a album....I still receive small amounts of money every year nothing to survive on. In the 80's here I remember most bands got paid $50 bucks a show. I paid $2 Dollars to see Black Flag a whole $4 dollars to see the Misfits...I paid $2 to see GG Allin and I got to see Bad Brains/Minor Threat for $1. I still remember going to See the Dropkick Murphy's for free now there tickets are over $50 bucks. It is just a hard pill to swallow, something that label us different is now main stream.
edit on 9-10-2012 by JValhalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the info Heff... I was just surprised to here the chorus to eagles dare selling rum " I ain't no god damn son of a bitch" Sort of threw me for a

I guess Misfits have been probably the most successful punk bands ever...From what I saw Jerry Only owns all the rights to the misfits songs so the sell out really doesn't seem as a shock as I remember one time he was selling his autographs at a show for $20 bucks. Sort of Hard to believe that Danzig doesn't only any rights to the music as he is the iconic voice of the Misfits non of the other singers will ever come close.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

It was Eagles Dare.

Let see the only reason a lot of people know the Misftits is because Metallica covered Last Caress and Die Die Die My Darling. My Chemical Romance covered Astro Zombies.

top topics

join