It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep's in Arkansas - dumb and dumber??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Voters in Arkansas have an opportunity to elect some ...um......."interesting" candidates - Hubbard and Fuqua "we are not cranks":

Waht has caused the storm?? Hubbard wrote:

Hubbard wrote in his 2009 self-published book, "Letters To The Editor: Confessions Of A Frustrated Conservative," that "the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise." He also wrote that African-Americans were better off than they would have been had they not been captured and shipped to the United States.

And Fuqua thinks:

Fuqua, who served in the Arkansas House from 1996 to 1998, wrote there is "no solution to the Muslim problem short of expelling all followers of the religion from the United States," in his 2012 book, titled "God's Law."

Fuqua said Saturday that he hadn't realized he'd become a target within his own party, which he said surprised him.

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said before hanging up, saying he was busy knocking on voters' doors

What a choice!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Oh Gosh...Sigh.
Honestly, in my opinion, neither of them are good candidates.
It is sad being part of the Bible Belt where people like that make those bold statements and just assume people agree, and the sad thing is, some people here do.
I SWEAR not everyone from Arkansas is like that, nor thinks so ignorantly as they do.
I am embarrassed to even know of these people.

Fuqua and Hubbard.. Please pull your heads out of your asses and go away.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said before hanging up, saying he was busy knocking on voters' doors

'Think' is the keyword there. He THOUGHT wrong, and needs to actually start THINKING before he speaks.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Honestly, in my opinion, neither of them are good candidates.

Y'think??!!

I SWEAR not everyone from Arkansas is like that, nor thinks so ignorantly as they do.

You are forgiven

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fuqua is apparently keen to break the stalemate on dumbness by supporting the death penalty for rebellious children!!!

Verbatim, from the writing of Charlie Fuqua, a former lawyer for the Arkansas Department of Human Services:

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death.

Phew - well at least there is a proper procedure to follow...that makes it OK.....

edit on 8-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This is ridiculous!!

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death.

Does it scare you too that people exist that even think this way? It scares me!

P.S. Thank you for forgiving me
Sometimes things here embarrass me so bad I just want to face palm and hide. Lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Even the Arkansas GOP can get too much of this rubbish - they have pulled funding for these 2 and a 3rd idiot

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Does it scare you too that people exist that even think this way? It scares me!

It disgusts me, actually.

What I find the most amazing though is that the GOP endorses and funds these people without knowing their there personal/political stances.

The system is broken beyond repair IMO and there is no fixing it. Killing the beast is the only solution.

I do understand about people in that area BTW. I lived in Howell Co. Mo. for a time.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My vote is for Hubbard.

top topics

join