Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I believe this fellas story a lot more than I believe the kid who wrote the book - 'Heaven is for real'. This guy has nothing to gain and everything to loose (he's in the science/medicine field). The kid who wrote the 'Heaven is for real' story was very young, could be easily influenced by daddy, and daddy was a minister of some kind. Lots of Freud stuff there .... But this neurosurgeon .... I believe him.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I became sceptical about this as soon as I saw he had a book coming out.
Then when I saw his glossy website promoting it, that sealed it for me.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Escobar7575

Very few people celebrate Christmas for what it is. Being not religious, and no connection to Christians, i celebrate as a time to meet up friends and family and enjoy the days off work. and yeah gives kids presents until they come to the age of disbelieve.
edit on 10/9/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I am an NDEr

I Drowned ... when I reached the hospital ..

I had No heart or brain activity

Aprox 15 to 20 minutes later I was resuscitated .

Facts ..........

Everything is Energy .

Consciousness is Energy

The experience is dictated by your individual conscious beliefs and expectations .

I'm talking to myself again .

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Very few people celebrate Christmas for what it is. Being not religious, and no connection to Christians, i celebrate as a time to meet up friends and family and enjoy the days off work. and yeah gives kids presents until they come to the age of disbelieve.

You are correct very few do celebrate it for what it is...problem is the people will treat this day as a special day even atheist and religious bashers just makes no sense to me if they see no significance in religion the day to the them should be treated equally..

Back on topic

To me this makes me think of an afterlife ...definitive proof no not so much ...but definitely something that people shouldn't dismiss with such arrogance if you don't believe this guys account fair enough but is the trolls about religion nessasary really?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The experience was in his mind. A neurosurgeon should know better. If all activity ceased and he came back, then he did not experience heaven. The last thing he remembered before going out came back to him.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
He's a neurosurgeon, which means he studies extensively the mind and its affects and coma's and so forth.
Id say he's studied it so much it was the first thing his brain thought of when it went into default!
Heaven?... its a mental thing. His mind just went to its own interpretation of heaven!

I couldn't have said it better myself. People want to put complete belief in some people just because they have a lot of college under their belt. No matter how smart a man is, or how popular he is, in essence he is the same as you and I and shouldn't be regarded as being any better or more creditable.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I just have a couple quick questions:

[color=9EFFEF]How long is a 'Heaven Day'? Is it 24 hours?

Does Heaven spin at the exact same rate as Earth?

edit on 10/9/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
He's a neurosurgeon, which means he studies extensively the mind and its affects and coma's and so forth.
Id say he's studied it so much it was the first thing his brain thought of when it went into default!
Heaven?... its a mental thing. His mind just went to its own interpretation of heaven!

With all science is on the brink of in the areas of other dimensions and energy I think we can at least keep an open mind that our energy is released and maybe slips into another place at death. Sure can't make the assumption that there is nothing after death and your energy dissipates to nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by sgspecial19
I get chills from reading the article; he is absolutely right consciousness does exist outside the body. When I meditate, I leave my physical senses behind and reach a state of consciousness where I am no longer limited to my body. The environment around me IS me, and there is a feeling of all knowing.

Actually, this is because the part of your brain's neocortex responsible for determining where you end and the rest of the world begins goes night-night during deep meditation. It leaves one feels deeply connected to the air surrounding them. I've experienced this during meditation, and it's extremely powerful.

Could you tell me how you did it?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

he is absolutely right consciousness does exist outside the body. When I meditate, I leave my physical senses behind and reach a state of consciousness where I am no longer limited to my body.
reply to post by sgspecial19

That is your perceived belief, it is not reality. Your consciousness is in your brain...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Love how the fact he's a neurosurgeon - a position which IMO lends more credibility to his story - is completely discounted by some here and almost used against him. It's like some folk here just stick their fingers in their ears when their narrow worldview is threatened.

So he's writing a book about it? So what other option would appease the naysayers? Putting it on a spiritual website or some obscure place where hardly anyone will read it, and most will think it's BS anyway cos they 'read it on the net'. Jeez.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
I rarely buy in to these near-death/out-of-body experiences, but this man's testimony is interesting.

The fact that there was no brain activity for 6 days... is interesting to me.

If there is a natural explanation for this, I would think a neurosurgeon would be the first to know.

I also second this opinion. Most of the posters here aren't taking the mans education level and field of study into consideration. There is a stark difference between say - me, who claims to have an NDE and someone like this guy. If anyone would know the difference I think it would be him.

Before this happened to him he was probably on the skeptic train telling others it was "just your brain". Except it wasn't. Now he experienced this and it has over ruled ALL of his training, education and logical abilities. All of them.

An experience large enough to shake and crumble the foundations of ones life is paradigm changing. This is paramount for an individual. It takes a momentus experience to do this so late in ones life.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

When your computer BSOD do you continue to see the blue screen after you unplug it? NO neocortex activity. I wonder what was strored in RAM tho.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This account seems highly striking to me, and probably is one of the best evidence of the afterlife to date.

The fact that his frontal cortex was shown to be inactive for days on all of his medical tests during the coma is fascinating. The frontal cortex has shown to control thoughts and could almost be called a central executive. If the frontal cortex is down, no thoughts will exist. That means no dreams, no consciousness, nothing. Yet, he still managed to recite these experiences. On top of that, no abnormal brain activity other than his frontal cortex being down was shown, further suggesting that his experience was not a matter of the brain. If it WAS due to his brain, some activity would have been shown on the frontal lobe, or some other abnormal activity on other parts of the brain.

If you look online at other sources, you can see in more detail from his own mouth (can't be bothered to search and quote them myself to be honest haha), and that he originally tried to describe his own experiences from a neuro-scientific view-point. Something he is obviously an expert in, but was still unable to do. He seems to be a highly intelligent man, being a professer at Havard and all...

This all either means two things: He's lying, which in itself is doubtable as this would be ruining his own reputation as a neuroscientist, or he did indeed have a near death experience.

I am usually a skeptic in regards to a lot of things, but as I said, this case is striking.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Phess because: Wanted to add a little extra informaton.

link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

This is cool, BUT if you go to heaven your body is not still alive. My thought is he was in a dream like state. Have you ever had a dream that lasted for hours and hours and woke up only to find 15 min went by? I have, in fact just last night. That rarely happens to me, but last night it did.
edit on 9-10-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh boy, i can't believe i missed the Bacterial Meningitis... now the whole thing make sense lol.

Alters mental status (confusion).

It changes a person from the inside out, of course, death is on the horizon. What perfect coincidence, he all of a sudden, becomes spiritually and believe sin fluffy pink clouds.

messed up Mentality and Death can put person begging for life, esp if you are told to believe in god at young age.

Of course, just saying, i saw a place like heaven would get the religious people to read his book as well.

Genius! sadly, his disease is serious, almost terminal.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I don't care how smart the guy is....A dream Is a dream! 5 min of dreaming can seem like forever!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?
I became sceptical about this as soon as I saw he had a book coming out.
Then when I saw his glossy website promoting it, that sealed it for me.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

A respectable neurosurgeon losing all credibility with his peers to publish an $11 book? I don't buy that. And his website isn't even 'glossy', it looks like was made in an hour with some out of the box, build-your-own-website tool.

This man had a near death experience, and is just another person amongst hundreds of thousands to have journeyed to the other side while their mental self was clinically dead. As another person on this page said, these experiences are for your own spiritual growth. Everyone's experience is different, but they all share common elements. Consciousness doesn't cease beyond death.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I didn't say he was a religious nut. But what I implied is that people tend towards faith when facing the end of life. A crutch if you will.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join