Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

"...there are many different thoughts on the afterlife, who knows which is right-..."

this is exactly the point!
every single religion in this world claims to know what the real truth is. and it is different for every religion, WHY?
if there was something it must be just one and always the same!

don't you see that nobody really knows, not Christians, not Muslims, not any other religion.
All of them are wrong! that's how I can be so sure this guy with his dreams is wrong.

ok, one question... if you have a soul that is immortal, where has it been before you were born?
do you remember anything before that time???
and if you die, will you remember anything in your life?
if you say yes, please explain it to me how it works, what kind of energy is that so called soul and where are the memories stored inside
if you say no, what's the point in soul if you loose connection to it after your body dies

if only the soul goes to heaven or hell and the body stays, explain me the connection of memories soul - brain
so i can understand how somebody can remember his soul being in heaven while his body was on earth ??

I do it for you, you have to believe...
so the only question remains, why should I believe a guy who was in coma?
is this how God manifests himself ?
and it is not even something special this days, many coma patients wake up if they lucky, does everyone of them have been in heaven? I ques NOT.

1+1 = 2, doesn't matter what you want to believe

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

So without the cortex his body would still be able to do this??? I think not.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I've died 4 times and heaven was different each time.
Heaven is what you make of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Muslims believe that 72 virgins are awaiting them at the pearly gates of heaven!!!

Maybe they're right after all!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
AHA! Newsweek is selling this BS on their frontpage... www.thedailybeast.com... this crap is from 2011 www.skeptiko.com... people they are selling books move on there is no heaven! Must be a hitpiece showing white people go to heaven, muslims don't.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Has anybody said this already? I don't want to get my post kicked so I'll just say there's a certain neurochemical that gets released in your brain only once when you're born or once when you die or have near death experiences. I would like to explain this further but would get a notic and this post deleted.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

i once spent 6 days in Detroit during a coma. on the seventh day an ambulance came to pick me up off the street and take me to hospital...
edit on 9-10-2012 by sweetooth because: i am dyselxic

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

THIS POST IS LONG BUT IT HAS THE REAL INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE. (yes I also hate it when people make ridiculous claims like mine above, this time its true after reading this, know it or not you will have the real answers to real questions )

If you want to know what the afterlife is about of if it even exists, you can see for yourself just book an in-between life session. It is performed by a highly trained psychotherapist and takes you deep into your super conscious, where you can retrieve memories of where you live between lives...better than that, you can go there in that session.

I have done it and you have a group of people you exist with like a soul group and some of them incarnate with you, like my grandma was there for me, I recognised her from earth she was already waiting for me there and a friend from school. This is a virtual game for soul growth, for emotional growth. Why emotional growth? because when we were created we only know pure blizz thus have to create "games" to gain the feelings we would never attain as our real home is pure bliss compared to this. Why do we need to learn other emotions, simply because it makes us more that what were were.

There is no knowable god to my understanding well not of our understanding, it still seems more of a unattainable mystery on "the other side" too, less than that is seem as if it not even a interest to us. That could just be because we a still young souls and don't venture far atm...yes if you are on Earth now you are not a very developed soul or you would be somewhere else. Basically its just communities of intelligent caring things/people but is so much better that I am describing.
And there is not just one single form of soul (well were are all the same brand of soul on Earth) but there are other things created witch exist in a way totally unlike ours. And they go to schools like Earth, when I say that I don't mean it has gravity and works like our shcool, but they go to a place separate from their home to grow. There are many different types of soul just on our access level but even on "the other side" it seems to be divided into groups like here human, animal, insect, fish and so on, I don't mean like we see it here as in fish are lower on the chain than us, over there I get the sense we are all travelling to the same destination only through different paths. Its very hard to describe in limited language.

When I tell people about my experience they always say oh so its like a real heaven...No its like Earth with no boundaries, people who know your entire existence and are the perfect friends/family. its warm and brilliant the contrast between earth and "the other side" is mind boggling. The reason people have hellish experiences is because our hard bodied existence has other dimensions around it, when other spirits are experiencing a different school of learning around us then we can accidently vibrate into it for a while if our mood/vibrations match up with that dimension whilst we are still attached to the human body with the fears.

The funny thing is also people think oh so its nice and peaceful...and boring...NO not at all your friend have their full consciousness and have great humour and love to play. Also when you come out of you body people then think you will miraculously be enlightened and change, no you wont! you will still you until you go to a sort of decontamination area, witch is out of this world (no other way to describe it). It like the most astounding river you have ever seen and you walk into it and become all the goodness that ever was, and you become it for a while, until you sort of remember who you are and where you came from, you can stay as long as you want as time is not the same as here. When you come out it like... imagine being in a muddy cute up disabled body lying in a ditch to suddenly being out of that body never having to go back into it and just floating away.

No I am not some naturist or hippy or religious person, I am a ground guy who likes going out with his friend having as much fun as possible. I don't say any of this to offend anyone beliefs. But if you have been where I have been (and you could still remember it) you would want to tell everyone. This is the truth, this is a school when we die we go home to a wonderful place, end of story, that is what happens. I have no fear of dying what so ever and cant wait to be honest, but obviously I will as I would totally regret it as I will have to come a live this lesson again.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's still not proof. We still don't know exactly how the brain works. It very well could be real, no one knows and will probably never know. I believe that it's something within the brain but I also have hope their is a heaven.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I read about her OP and also watched several videos too. Love it....and love how we can be inspired by such experiences. Well, some of us can.

I encourage you to check out this inspiration when you can. www.abovetopsecret.com...

With the world in chaos we can still find stability within hope and or trust that no matter what, everything will be ok.

Thank you !

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

If you are a doctor, then I am a secret agent.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Murgatroid, I love your avatar, oh my gosh!!

We Christians and believers of heaven and God will be waiting for the rest of you to wise up. I'll be the one yawning and trimming my toenails.

To me its like everyone is in such a big hurry to be important and make money. They speed down the highway, pass you and blow off your cars door. Confidently they are going 100 mph in a 65. Then when they see the police (God) they slow down and say hey whoa there.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Based on his description, I don't find it hard to believe that he went to what some would describe as a "heavenly place". He describes souls, spirit-matter, quite well. At least for my imagining. Notice he never mentions a god....which says to me that there is a plane for souls, but not necessarily an overlord.

I don't know enough to make any real conclusions; all I know is, this man was not raised religious, and so I'm inclined to take his experiences seriously. I'll have to look deeper into this matter.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Dear CaptainBeno,
Thanks for the link.

My thoughts on the subject matter:

The fact he's writing a book about it, hence making money out of his "experience", leads me to think this is hogwash.

I myself had a death experience, lasted a few minutes... nothing is proof, nothing is ever tangible until you die yourself and get to experience it yourself.

Will this make me "believe"? No as I despise religion, not for it's belief but for the way it controls, hates, is opinionated and leads to more conflict than most other things on this planet, if that means "Saint Peter" doesn't let me in to Heaven and I burn in Hell for eternity so be it.

It is not going to be much worse than the 9 to 5 job I do and the general struggle of life anyway. Life is enough of a sick joke to have to worry about the "after"-life.

Cheers,
T

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

It's called '___'. This went so much further than '___' experiences, though. Seriously...'___' lasts for 6 days?? Don't you think the doctors would have noticed it? His neocortex was closed down, how do you expect that chemicals might be released when his brain wasn't functioning?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealMacX

Ack, it comes to it. You're Islamic. The politics of religion are going bye bye too. God made us, and we belong to him. Just because the guy is a Christian you don't believe? How pitiful is that, that God is so petty! He cares for the soul.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

K if this happened to you I highly doubt you wouldn't believe it. If you are looking for scientific proof you are going to have to assume that he doesn't exist. No way you can test God in a controlled environment that is exactly the same every time. But is that a reason to not believe?

No it is not comfortable for some to believe in God so they don't. Change your habits, face up to a life time forever, live with a bunch of people you can't stand. Man believes whatever he wants to. Its been the same way for time immemorial.

ps. yes, I do have pre-fall pre-birth memories of me walking around in a different kind of consciousness. But who is going to believe that anyway? I never talk about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
The Muslims believe that 72 virgins are awaiting them at the pearly gates of heaven!!!

Maybe they're right after all!!!

I loved you quote but are gonna continue on the idea of 72 virgins. You know how one wife can be a pain sometimes and get on your nerves. Think 72 wifes that all have jobs that need doing for eternity. Are they describing heaven or hell?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A man tries to grasp religion after a near death experience. Nothing new here.

He will fit in among all the blue heads sitting in a church pew on Sunday.

It is quite sad that a man of science, instead of studying lower brain functions, the man chalks it up to visions.

Saying that the cortex was shut down, gives the reader, next to nothing on information. As the fake doctor mentioned, the reptilian, or other, kicked in. The brain is capable of amazing things.

Funny how he gave the stereotypical information on what heaven looks like, as opposed to giving us something new. That is very telling. It tells us that the brain was feeding him images that he had already seen. Or he would of been reporting something that he couldn't describe.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So, why is this "place" automatically Heaven?

Was he shown conclusively that it was a Christian God running the show?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join