It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I read the article and although Id rather not pass judgement on something ive no idea about i will say this: his description of angels is word for word exactly the same as my grandmothers, who coming from a completely different culture and religion, is kind of scary imo. How did she see these angels, she tends to see ehat he described while shes praying, at first she said she didnt know what they were. Later on she decided they were angels from the sensation of peace she was getting from them. She said they looked like shimmering raindrops that come down and leave traces of strings of sorts behind them. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
For anyone who wants to watch it, the full 50 minute interview with Eben Alexander can be found here:

www.btci.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
BS !!!! if the brain really don't work you're BRAINDEAD no way anybody recovers from that, this guy was just dreaming. Just another religieus nut trying to get attention. en.m.wikipedia.org... so after some googleing I see this story is rather old.. why does it come up again? anyway the man had a coma, to go to heaven you must be dead, brain dead, if he claims that then he should be talking about that for he would be the first man ever too survive that. since that's IMPOSIBLE means he wasn't dead and his chemical brain was still working probably tripping on endomorfine and dopamine, a trick of nature keeping his cognative part working so he doesn't have to learn to speak and walk again when he recoverd. as a neuroscientist he should know this.
edit on 9-10-2012 by TheRealMacX because: more information added

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
He's selling a book about his dreams in coma...?
OK, that explains everything !

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Ok?? I guess It's time to believe?

I gotta say I am quite taken back by his claims and to be honest quite scared?

Not a religious kinda guy, this has given me the creeps. Could the dudes who knock on my door be right after all, or did this guy have a sudden rush of blood to the head? Who knows, but I would have thought that he was the "word" on most things to do with the brain. And to remember it is a whole new ball game. I gotta admit, the idea of pink fluffy clouds sounds like a track I used to know by the Orb but was this tripped out chick right after all. I hope so.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

LOL at this guy. Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Heaven?? and then what about the spirits we see in ghost documentaries? Or it could be like this: earth is hell (in the afterlife) and heaven is a higher dimension. Look, I don't believe in stuff until i have it's experience...so wait till the next 'Train to Heaven' arrives, and I'll make sure I'll board it, and maybe even ask the 'Creator' or 'creators' why they started this freak show at all..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust a havard guy. Or anything yahoo has to write.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am not a religious man, but I know energy does not dissipate, it cant be destroyed. If our concousness is a form of energy then who knows where it goes to once we are gone from this world.

I hope there is a heaven and i hope I have done enough in this life to be allowed to enter

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I found it interesting until I read the last paragraph of the article

His forthcoming book, "Proof of Heaven, A Neurosurgeon journey into the Afterlife" that aims to dispel the skepticism will be published by Simon & Schuster later this month.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Sorry, when this dude come around, he would of had enough time to think up a story. It would be interesting to find out when he actually mentioned his experience after coming out of the coma. Was it the first thing he spoke about? Was it a couple of days after when he re-gathered his thoughts a bit? Did he just make it up a week or so later? Is he doing it to make a few extra bucks on his book?
edit on 9-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

I dont think people in his profession are in the poor house, why would money be a factor 200,000 - 500,000 for beginners but later graduates earn up to 900,000 depending on how good you are from what ive found.

Guy doesn't need to be shunned by his colleagues over a book that probably wouldn't make him much more money than his salary.

Tons and tons of NDES from Blind people who have been blind since birth seeing during a nde, to people with no brain activity at all having them. Yet skeptics always have some excuse has to how its possible without it being spiritual..

If you wee born in the 1800s and someone told you of a thing such as Atoms would you believe them? It would be in a realm of impossible for you. You would think no way.

A afterlife is the same way, you think impossible because its incomprehensible to you such as Atoms or the size of the universe would be if we didn't yet have the tools to observe them.
edit on 9-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Book? so he has actual proof of an afterlife, and instead of sharing this freely on the net, and altering the entire worlds view...
he wants to cash in.

So, anyone who wants to write a book about what they consider to be a real experience is a money grabbing liar? Is that what you are saying? Don't be too quick to dismiss the reality of his experience simply because he wants to get a book published.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

if not money then prestige or whatever...
maybe he just realized, after he's dead nothing will be left behind and decided to leave some words on paper... whatever

or maybe this bacteria he suffered the "brain dead" from in first place did this to him, and I'm not telling he's gone crazy

good to know after I'm dead there is something waiting for me... 70 virgins

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
He's selling a book about his dreams in coma...?
OK, that explains everything !

Hopefully it will. yes. That's what books are for

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The guy is a nuerosurgeon i`m sure he makes a good living he doesn`t need to make up a story like this just so he can write a book and try to make some money selling it,That makes less sense than his story about going to heaven.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

you know what I meant !
this explains his actions nothing more!
this book will not explain what heaven or God is, nor will it explain what happens after dead or if there is any kind of afterlife at all... but go and buy it, it is your money you loosing

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

...going to heaven???
you mean having a dream, don't you ???

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

good to know after I'm dead there is something waiting for me... 70 virgins

LOL stupid organized religion, I think religions have most of it wrong and one can believe in a afterlife or higher power without having believed some man put every kind of animal on a giant boat or we get 70 virgins in heaven..

Just closed mindedness. Im tired of every atheist assuming that if one believes in a higher power they believe in these tales.

Why cant all this organized religion be totally wrong on most things and their still not be a afterlife?
edit on 9-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I havent read other comments on this thread. So if this has already been brought up then apologies.

However in the article that you posted this quote certainly caught my eye.

"His forthcoming book, "Proof of Heaven, A Neurosurgeon journey into the Afterlife" that aims to dispel the skepticism will be published by Simon & Schuster later this month."

Maybe he did have an experience but im a bit cautious when he is trying to earn something out of this.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV

Maybe he did have an experience but im a bit cautious when he is trying to earn something out of this.

If he wrote a book on neuroscience with facts and experiences would you not believe that as well if he sold it?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
why does this "chill" people- it seemed like a relatively benign and enjoyable experience whether you believe it was proof of the afterlife or not

Personally I believe in the afterlife

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join