It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
1: If there is no brain activity at all, where do the memories come from? How can he recall this? He is activating part of his brain to recall an event, but this event has never been stored in memory. ??

I see no one has an answer. So it's magic. He's not a charlatan... he just writes books, like everyone. Silly me.

He is proof that god exists - for like all other true god fearing men, he can reveal all... for a price.

God bless this magical saint prophet messiah!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Who observes the blue screen?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It does not mention God in the article / link I provided? Just heaven.

It seems you made that link.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The fact that hes a neurosurgeon makes it cool. Hes probably been analyzing his brain nonstop.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Doctors are trained to identify death clinically, a checklist to insure death is absolutely present.

This doctor is STILL alive so he has not died.

(Are not the terms 'afterlife' and 'death' identical?)

This doctor is STILL alive so he has not entered the afterlife.

This doctor may have experienced 'brain death' do to an inactive cortex for 8 days, but his cortex would have never reactivated were he experiencing death.

Methinks he needs to expand his checklist before affirming his experience of an afterlife/death...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Who are we to question whether it was real or not since we have not had an experience like that. This goes back to the core of why we go to ATS to think outside the box. And to tell you the truth this is just one subject that we have very little proof of just like bigfoot, ufo's and so on, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means we as humans find it hard to accept things we haven't seen or heard ourselfs.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
NeuroLogica Blog Proof of Heaven?

I read through Dr. Stephen Novella's debunking the case and found it spot on; the usual skeptical brilliance and packed with critical thinking, and of course all of his wise minions in the comment section just soaked it all up. Any thoughts on the article? Perhaps someone should leave a few more comments of praise.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sounds like it's something his brain made for him during the coma. I'm sure I read somewhere that in coma's, the brain makes up a reality for the conscious to inhabit, that could be exactly what happened here, and his conscious made him a world that seemed like Heaven. Pretty interesting too, he seems like a man of science, and generally, men of science are against anything religious.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I've seen dreams of heaven. Probably at least 20. I use to get the more often. The last was about maybe 2 yrs ago. The dreams are extraordinarily vivid. I see mansion that people live in and a paradise, of lush vegitation, rolling hills, rivers valleys. I know I'm in some unique place. Then when I come too very slowly and wake up, I look around and there's always this tell tail sign in the room of a peace and extreme stillness. And when I wake up it almost bothers me because I wish I could just stay in the dream. Very bizzare. I think that's God reminding me on the odd occasion what's to come and to prepare for it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Why would a top neursurgeon who already has money, who's a professional, all of sudden not only jeaprodize his career by telling everyone about some vivid dream, but also start a massive fraud in order to perhaps hopefully sell a few books. That sounds like a big stretch. I'd say either it was just a regular dream that he was exaggerating or else it was an intervention by God and a way to use a credible source to reveal to others the truth about existence as we know it and the afterlife.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I can't vouch for his claims but I've noticed a trend when it comes to people seeing glimpses of the other side, they write a book and cash in, near death is big business, I've left my body a few times, all I see is dark, country dark, which is what I believe I'm meant to see because I've never died, in the dark I have consciousness and see dark, but it's like being in a pitch black room and being able to look around perhaps what it's like to be blind

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Why would a top neursurgeon who already has money, who's a professional, all of sudden not only jeaprodize his career by telling everyone about some vivid dream, but also start a massive fraud in order to perhaps hopefully sell a few books. That sounds like a big stretch. I'd say either it was just a regular dream that he was exaggerating or else it was an intervention by God and a way to use a credible source to reveal to others the truth about existence as we know it and the afterlife.

Why do top professionals in any field do stupid things? Some steal, some abuse patients, some set up hidden cameras in public toilets.

Who knows.

This entire thing is pointless because they're suggesting we have to take this on faith. No evidence to show how he retains memory when there is no brain function (allegedly). So it's god giving him memories?

Did he die, pop off to heaven and then come back? So he's worthy of entering heaven then. So an athiest can, without any change in their life, die and be accepted into heaven.

Makes all of this nonsense about sin rather ignorant then. I mean, this guy just pops off any old time. And then comes back!

Or does he already have faith? Hmm..

It's either "Accept it as gods work" which makes no sense, It was a dream during, to which there appear a lot of people throwing around pseudo facts to claim he had no brain activity, it was a dream after to which there seems to be only a few people willing to accept, OR he's making it up.

To sell a book...

One of these things has motive...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
maybe he took a lie detector test

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
------------

Alexander: "I think it’s going to change this world in wonderful ways. But a big part of it, of course, is to try and broaden the boundaries of science and of what we accept and will use to get towards truth. I’m very hopeful that science and spirituality will come together hand-in-hand and go forward to help with getting these answers and help people to understand the true nature of our existence. A side effect will be that humanity and the grace and harmony that we will see around this world will expand tremendously as we move forward in that fashion."

Alexander: "What I think is going to happen is that science and spirituality, which will be mainly be an acknowledgement of the profound nature of our consciousness, will grow closer and closer together." www.skeptiko.com...

Ahmadinejad: "He will come and he will cut through ignorance, superstition, prejudice by opening the gates of science and knowledge."

Ahmadinejad: "The arrival of the Ultimate Savior.....will bring about an eternally bright future for mankind.....through thought awakening..."

------------

Alexander: "and beside me on the butterfly was this beautiful girl. And I remember that she was... in a peasant outfit. That’s the way I put it, very simple clothing, and yet very beautiful and I can even remember the colors, this kind of powder blue and this peach, kind of orange, and then a darker blue and just...she had the most beautiful face and this soft, kind of light brown hair and high cheek bones and beautiful blue eyes. And she just looked at me. And she never said a word, but her thoughts would come straight into my mind. And again when I wrote these down, I was putting words to what actually had flowed in as pure concepts

Ahmadinejad: "Woman’s sublime role and personality, as a heavenly being, a manifestation of divine image and beauty..."

Ahmadinejad: "He will come to grant kindness, hope, freedom and dignity to all humanity as a girl."

----------

Alexander: "and this came after initially there was this warm summer breeze. The perfect breeze that blew through this entire scene, and it changed everything for me. Even though the description of the scene would be the same, that warm breeze was this breath that led me to know that this was divine......

Ahmadinejad: Their arrival will breathe a new life in the cold and frozen body of the world. He will bless humanity with a spring that puts an end to our winter of ignorance, poverty and war with the tidings of a season of blooming."

----------

Alexander: "Her thoughts were things like, “You are loved. You are cherished forever. There’s nothing you can do wrong. You have nothing to worry about. You will be taken care of.”  

Alexander: """At the very heart of my journey [is this], that we are loved and accepted unconditionally by a God even more grand and unfathomably glorious than the one I’d learned." www.examiner.com...

Ahmadinejad: "Let us march on this path to salvation for the thirsty souls of humanity to taste immortal joy and grace....."linking them to eternal happiness"....."-He will come so that hands will be joined, hearts will be filled with love and thoughts will be purified to be at service of security, welfare and happiness for all"...."...he will lead humanity into achieving its glorious and eternal ideals"..."God Almighty has promised us a man of kindness, a man who loves people"

--------
All other Dr Eben Alexander quotes www.skeptiko.com... 

Iranian President Ahmadinejad UN speech transcript: www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...
-------------

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 2 Timothy 4:1-4

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

edit on 12-10-2012 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm getting fed up of reading quotes from scripture, some people don't realise it complete nonsense. Why do people feel that they need to memorise this crap so they can regurgitate it to others who don't share the belief.

I like the Christopher Hitchens religious metaphor where he compares a person with religion to a child with a toy. I don't like your toys and I don't want to play with your toys. You play with your toys on your own and don't try give them to anybody else.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
I'm getting fed up of reading quotes from scripture, some people don't realise it complete nonsense. Why do people feel that they need to memorise this crap so they can regurgitate it to others who don't share the belief.

I like the Christopher Hitchens religious metaphor where he compares a person with religion to a child with a toy. I don't like your toys and I don't want to play with your toys. You play with your toys on your own and don't try give them to anybody else.

Dr. Eben Alexander is giving you "scripture" - unfortunately it's the doctrines of demons as given to you by President Ahmadinejad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

The Iranian president is just the same as any religious nut whether Christian, Muslim or whatever rubbish somebody chooses to follow.

it's funny that if somebody follows the Bible, Koran etc. to the letter they are classed as extremist whereas somebody who ignores the commands to kill is classed as a good believer. Well I ignore all of the religious doctrine garbage so does that make me an excellent believer? No I'm just an atheist.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join