It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OKThunder

I agree. If I were to "witness" heaven and was in his shoes I would write a book and jump up and down on a couch on Opra. All this mumbo jumbo about telling everybody on the net etc is complete rubbish. The world does not spend it's time on the net like us nerds (we are nerds) they read books and newspapers and watch daytime tv etc. I believe this is where this guy is trying to convey his message.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by OKThunder

I agree. If I were to "witness" heaven and was in his shoes I would write a book and jump up and down on a couch on Opra. All this mumbo jumbo about telling everybody on the net etc is complete rubbish. The world does not spend it's time on the net like us nerds (we are nerds) they read books and newspapers and watch daytime tv etc. I believe this is where this guy is trying to convey his message.

To a charlatan, the more important the message the bigger the dollar signs in their eyes.

To someone genuinely seeking to pass on truth, money has no value.

I don't need to pay to know something. If it is important enough and costs nothing to share, it should be given freely. Otherwise, I can do without it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I bet the guy wasn't even in a coma, it was all a lie and setup so he can push his book. Freaking charlatans make me angry.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this story earlier today and upon reading through it couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I'm a vociferous atheist. Now, I'm not nearly so arrogant as to say that there is absolutely a zero percent chance that there's no afterlife, however I can definitively say that this man's supposed experience, even if genuine, does not lend credence either to the existence of the afterlife or to the religious documents that the masses cling to.

Various incarnations of the article are careful to include the caveat of "based on what we currently know about the human mind..." Please bear this in mind. Our knowledge of the human mind is still limited-- even for a Harvard neurosurgeon. The mental functions that allowed him to have such a strange experience may not yet be understood, however they don't prove the existence of heaven or any other such supernatural thing any more than the claims of other, less respected people.

Just because this guy's a neurosurgeon doesn't mean he knows a damn thing about why it was that he had such visions.

No, OP. This is not proof of heaven. This does not lend credence to the ridiculous Bronze Age myths that so many of our citizens still cling to, and that mar our society with ignorance. No, this is just some guy, who happened to be very educated, who slipped into a coma, saw some stuff, and simply decided, "Welp, heaven's for real, folks."

It's unscientific and sensationalist. I expect he'll have a book out, which details his "odyssey" shortly.
edit on 10-10-2012 by TheRedComet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No offence, but did you pay to go to school?

Nuff said.

Books cost money.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

To someone genuinely seeking to pass on truth, money has no value

So he should just speak out loud in the street like the rest of the religious "wackos" then yeah?

You know, just give up everything including a well paid job and spend his days holding a sign up saying "Heaven is real" just on the off chance someone take a bit of notice? No I don't think so.

I would be writing a book too!

I'm interested now, what would you do winofiend? How would you get the great news out?
I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I really would love to know? Bear in mind I'm not religious so I'm not gonna hear it in Church, I don't really read that many neuroscience papers. So, what does that leave then?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Sounds like somebody had a dream. I have totally bizarre dreams, but I never awaken to try and tell people my dreams hold any substance, because it is just that. A Dream. Those who want to believe him, will, but who cares whatever gets you through the day I say.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
After reading what he saw....it seems to me like his "heaven" was pretty empty. People really should STUDY their B.I.B.L.E. Everything we need to know, including a glimpse of heaven, was recorded LOOOOOOOOONG before this neurosurgeon. In my heaven, streets are paved with gold....and i have a mansion within a mansion. Also, If he WAS in heaven.....where were the rest of the people that made it????

I also noticed that this occurred back in 2008....so, why the news now?

Do any of you know ANYTHING about a tiny word called: FAITH? You know...that thing you believe in, without having proof. Or does everything need to be proven for it to "exist"? The stars in the sky....that's not enough "evidence" of a Creator???

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Did he die no, so could he have gone to the so called heaven NO, not if we are supposed to believe what we are brainwas.... sorry told to is the process to get there!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
I also noticed that this occurred back in 2008....so, why the news now?

I also noticed this and was curious, followed some links from the OP and found that he has hooked up with the Monroe Institute which specializes in OBE. For this to be pushed now with the backing he has makes me wonder whether its a publicity stunt for the institute as well as a money spinner in relation to the book. Real proof of heaven or an afterlife is something that shouldn't be used to gain a financial pay day.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
From the article:

His forthcoming book

Book? so he has actual proof of an afterlife, and instead of sharing this freely on the net, and altering the entire worlds view...
he wants to cash in.

Guess heaven has gotten lax in its messaging.

Anyhow, in a dream, you can live a week in a few minutes before waking up.

Mom had a NDE...and she didn't see streaming transparent people..she seen solid people, and she wasn't in fluffy cloudville..she was on a beach. So..ya.

But by all means, read the book.

He also goes on to describe "Flocks of transparent, shimmering beings arced across the sky, leaving long, streamer-like lines behind them."
get it?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I will most probably buy this book

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

No offence, but did you pay to go to school?

Nuff said.

Books cost money.

You know that is entirely different. Schools are a replacement for parents who are forced to work 2 jobs and pay for a mortgage... Do people in tribal cultures pay to learn the basics of life? No. Important things like Fire Burns, are also given without charge.

You're saying that this guy selling his book that proves the existence of heaven, is the way good intentions should be.

I can survive in life quite well without buying his book. Thanks.

Silly comparison and you know it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

To someone genuinely seeking to pass on truth, money has no value

So he should just speak out loud in the street like the rest of the religious "wackos" then yeah?

You know, just give up everything including a well paid job and spend his days holding a sign up saying "Heaven is real" just on the off chance someone take a bit of notice? No I don't think so.

I would be writing a book too!

I'm interested now, what would you do winofiend? How would you get the great news out?
I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I really would love to know? Bear in mind I'm not religious so I'm not gonna hear it in Church, I don't really read that many neuroscience papers. So, what does that leave then?

I would submit it to the public domain with references and evidence that validates my stance. If it is taken as truth then it goes to those who seek it, free of charge.

If it is proven that, as I suspect the case here, it has no evidence to support it and relies completely on anecdotal evidence, then I would expect it to go by the way of all irrelevant information.

Noo, you think it's dandy to put a price tag on it, and sell it to all and sundry, make a nice profit and at the end of the day it will still simply be one mans words.

I can do without that. Let me know the secrets after you've made him a wealthier person.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You know, I once got myself interested in Ron Paul and thought he made perfect sense when listening to his speeches. But then I found out that he made a book.....FOR PROFIT!
Oh No! I thought. He must be a charlatan if he wrote a book and wants money for it!
But I found out he hasn't just made one book, he's written several books! What a conman!
Information like this should be free! Anyone making money from it is a conman!
So I started getting interested in quantum physics and listening to Dr Michio Kaku because I thought he had some incredibly interesting things to say.
But wait a minute! He has several books too! For PROFIT!
OMG! what a conman! well guess I can kiss whatever he says goodbye because that guys a charlatan good for nothing.
Stephen Hawking is another clown.
I almost started to believe he was onto something, but a quick search on amazon shows that he's written books too, for 6.74!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

You know, I once got myself interested in Ron Paul and thought he made perfect sense when listening to his speeches. But then I found out that he made a book.....FOR PROFIT!
Oh No! I thought. He must be a charlatan if he wrote a book and wants money for it!
But I found out he hasn't just made one book, he's written several books! What a conman!
Information like this should be free! Anyone making money from it is a conman!
So I started getting interested in quantum physics and listening to Dr Michio Kaku because I thought he had some incredibly interesting things to say.
But wait a minute! He has several books too! For PROFIT!
OMG! what a conman! well guess I can kiss whatever he says goodbye because that guys a charlatan good for nothing.
Stephen Hawking is another clown.
I almost started to believe he was onto something, but a quick search on amazon shows that he's written books too, for 6.74!

I was pretty close to becoming an atheist. My friend was telling me about these famous atheists and their ideas about how God doesn't exist.

Then I discovered that these guys wrote books..... for money.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Don't let them con you!
We should start a thread about it.
All we have to do is go on amazon and make a list of every single person who wrote a book for profit and discount everything they have to say.
I can't believe it was this easy! It's like a fast track to the truth!
Then we just make a list of everyone who hasn't written a book for profit and we can be sure that everything they say is true!
I'll go first:
Alex Jones.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but America seems to be the only developed country where religion is probably growing. I don't mean due to immigration like the UK letting boatloads of muslims in, I mean the actual indigenous population.

As far as I can tell all other developed countries indigenous populations are gradually becoming atheist. I am lost as to why this is happening as there is usually a correlation between intelligence and religion, ie. the more educated a population becomes, the more atheist it becomes.

Why is it that America is bucking this trend, is the population becoming less educated? I guess it doesn't help with clowns like this guy having a dream and trying to convince people it's real.
edit on 10-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Am I missing something?
What does what this guy has to say got anything to do with religion?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I agree with 100% with that, it is all in the mind!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join