It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

do you know this guy in a bow tie has a NDE website and iy ain't like the event was recent

a neuroscience instructor focuses on the mechanics of the brain & nervous system not the stuff that Jung or Freud focused on... so any esorteric whaa-whaa stuff is part of his psyche not his learned training

www.lifebeyonddeath.net...

PROOF OF HEAVEN BY EBEN ALEXANDER, MD

PROOF OF HEAVEN WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OCTOBER 23, 2012
Eben Alexander Video

i'm glad he is sharing, i hope it is free of charge !
ekse wise he is another 'moneychanger' type..... ugh

wow... that was lucky, i'm top of the page 11
edit on 9-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Entirely plausable. Who knows hey? I like the sound of it though.

You like the sound of spending eternity in big puffy clouds? That's sounds worse than hell to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Awsome all we need now is a Device to Record the Lowest activity

like in the Movie called Brain Scan

in reality there is such of a Machine that is getting Closer to it !!

Thought recording and reproduction device
en.wikipedia.org...

The Reaility

Dream recording device 'possible' researcher claims
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I listened to some of his interviews and what I think is he knew his meningitis was so severe it's often fatal and because he emerged from it, it is perhaps causing him to think he died , went to heaven, but it wasn't his time etc. He was already of the belief ones memory is gone during such events( his illness) So this part really astonished him.

How does he know what people remember? Memory can come back over time and everybody is different.

Because he remembered and recovered, he takes these two points and creates this story, which to him is very real. I'm not saying he didn't go somewhere. I believe you most certainly can. I just don't believe he was in heaven.

The simple fact is that he himself became a patient and his view is now from another perspective. It doesn't matter how much you think you know about the brain and conscience because until it ( deterioration of the brain) happens to you, you wouldn't understand it's complexity.
edit on 9-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
As someone who has been astral projecting from meditation for years I am personalty 99% sure off an afterlife however do not let religions create fear, there is no heaven or hell, you manifest everything. If you die and fear hell you might spend a while in a hell like experience manifested by your own fear but you will eventually learn you are in control of everything. Sure this guy is a neurosurgeon which gives him some credibility to skeptics but he is also naive as it is his first experience, I can see how he might call it heaven as the experiences vary but religion has nothing to do with it, it is as natural as breathing and sleeping and requires no fear.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As someone who has "astral projected", and had "out of body" experiences, plus vivid lucid dreams since I can remember, I'm 99% sure that it's in no way, shape, or form a barometer for an afterlife.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You forgot this part of the story

His forthcoming book, "Proof of Heaven, A Neurosurgeon journey into the Afterlife" that aims to dispel the skepticism will be published by Simon & Schuster later this month.

Welcome to Rikki Lake Nation and the 2nd decade of the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
He's a neurosurgeon, which means he studies extensively the mind and its affects and coma's and so forth.
Id say he's studied it so much it was the first thing his brain thought of when it went into default!
Heaven?... its a mental thing. His mind just went to its own interpretation of heaven!

Guess you failed to actually read the full linked content..

Because he was being constantly monitored during the coma and there was zero brain activity.. His cortex was completely shut down..
His mind was doing absolutely nothing..

As far as science knows/can detect.

His brain may have still been involved in activity that we do not fully understand. Or, the whole out of body experience that he felt lasted for days was only created by his mind once the cortex started working again.

For example, I have had elaborate dreams in the past that seem to end with the sound of my alarm being an integral part of the dream. I was told that what I felt was a long dream was actually just a short dream that my mind created at the moment my alarm began to ring.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You have a point.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

An experience inside someones mind is hardly proof of anything. Hey I can say that I visited heaven but you would just have to believe me because I can not offer any proof other than what I experienced.
I dont believe this and it certainly is no proof of anything.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by zeeon

I don't care how smart the guy is....A dream Is a dream! 5 min of dreaming can seem like forever!

Except the part of the brain that provides "Dreams" (The cortex) was completely inactive.
How do you explain that?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
As someone who has "astral projected", and had "out of body" experiences, plus vivid lucid dreams since I can remember, I'm 99% sure that it's in no way, shape, or form a barometer for an afterlife.

Have you genuinely had any of those experiences? If so then I cannot comment on your experiences but I know lucid dreams are different from astral projections like I know lucid dreams are different from the real world. Like I said I am personally 99% sure which means I have reached that point, the reason I did not say 100% is because until I am dead I will never know fully. My comment merely states I have found enough of my own evidence to be sure of what I experience, I think that is a personally reasonable statement to make and it is just opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
Perhaps he has bias. The fact that he's a neurosurgeon, means he must believe in the reliability of the equipment he uses to demonstrate that various parts of the brain are entirely inactive when performing certain procedures.

I would posit that his bias has blinded him to the possibility that the equipment which is used to determine this inactivity isn't actually sensitive enough to make such a distinction for every individual. Everyone has different brain activity for the same stimuli under normal conditions. The same could be assumed for being in a coma. Perhaps some are still active, when it would appear inactive, as it would be the same registering from the equipments reading.
edit on 8-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

Unfortunatly what you say is not really true. Everyone does not have different brain activity for the same stimuli. The same stumuli will produce the same results in everyone as far as brainwave activity is concerned. If this were not true then brainwave entrainment cds would be worthless but brainwaves can be entrained to result in specific states of mind and the results are the same brainwaves for everyone. A certain beat/pulse will result in the listener being in an alpha wave state or a theta wave state or even as low as epsilon brainweave state. and everyone who listens to the cd will have the same results. They of course wont have the same thoughts or emotions during these states but the brainwave measurment will be the same for everyone.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Wow all the evidence he put forth really made me believe in god again and worship jesus! All praise jeebus!

From Dawkins I know the Human mind is extremely susceptible to hallucinations. He's a neurosurgeon, he should realize when your neo cortex is deactivated, you have no concept of anything. Besides, someone word of a comatose state is not proof of anything except a vivid imagination.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So where is his "proof" as he stated? I'm guessing he want's to cash in on this book he's going to be releasing.

Also, we've heard countless "stories" of the afterlife and heaven etc, why should this be any different to the rest? What a shameless plug to try and make some money, he should be ashamed of himself.
edit on 9-10-2012 by BobbyGold because: no reason

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Unfortunatly what you say is not really true. Everyone does not have different brain activity for the same stimuli. The same stumuli will produce the same results in everyone as far as brainwave activity is concerned.

Just not so.

If this were not true then brainwave entrainment cds would be worthless but brainwaves can be entrained to result in specific states of mind and the results are the same brainwaves for everyone. A certain beat/pulse will result in the listener being in an alpha wave state or a theta wave state or even as low as epsilon brainweave state. and everyone who listens to the cd will have the same results. They of course wont have the same thoughts or emotions during these states but the brainwave measurment will be the same for everyone.

You assume they work for everyone. They don't.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19
I get chills from reading the article; he is absolutely right consciousness does exist outside the body. When I meditate, I leave my physical senses behind and reach a state of consciousness where I am no longer limited to my body. The environment around me IS me, and there is a feeling of all knowing.

And still you dont really go anywhere. I meditate and sometimes I swear I feel someone standing in front of me when I do but every time I open my eyes theres no one there. The feeling of leaving your body behind is the extreme relaxation from the meditation. No one leaves their body. ( be real here please. )
No matter how deep I meditate and I have CD/s that bring the brain down to extremely low epsilon waves but if someone interupts me and I open my eyes I am still in my bedroom and have not gone anywhere no matter how much it feels to me like I have. Or Maybe I am just one of those people who refuses to lie to myself and tell myself I am having a mystical experience when I am not. I dont buy too much of the new age jargon but I do enjoy the relaxation of meditation. I just dont look for it to be "magical".

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Trips such as these have been described since thousands of years by millions of people. No big deal, its just one of the many possible afterlife scenarios.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

No one can offer proof of heaven. What can he give us as proof ? Did he bring back a brochure ? A postcard ?
Some heavenly air in a jar ? Just what could anyone ,anyone at all, offer as proof? A personal account of a personl experience is not proof of anything. I can tell stories all day long.
I rode my bicycle down Lefferts Blvd in Queens in 1966 and fell off the curb at the corner of 110th street and skinned my knee.
Can I prove that to you ? Its true but my telling you about it is no proof that it ever happened. I could try to pinpoint the scar on my knee but there are many and they overrun each other. I had a very active childhood and skinned my knees a lot. lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The brain apparently has several " Cortex's". So his cortex shut down huh?
Which one or pick one

Visual cortex
Primary cortex
Primary motor cortex
Primary somesthetic cortex
Primary auditory cortex

starting to see the point here?
NDE= BullShirt

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join