It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you imagine what Non-existence is like?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I actually made a thread asking the same question you are asking...

take a look...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as animals are concerned, they too also pass onto the afterlife... but they are on a different path then humans are... some consider animals to be more spiritually evolved then humans... Not sure if i agree with that, but what do i know

All life has spirit... and all will pass on to the next step... regardless of the form they take in this existence... that included trees, plants, animals... Bugs?

Also consider the possibility that "time" does not exist in the spiritual realm...

IF time doesn't exist in that realm, theres no way to gage how much "time" you've spent in said place

oh and btw.... "Bordom" is a recent idea... before the 20th century, bordom didn't exist...

edit on 9-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your theory is correct. Non-existence is a delusional idea. An idea that exists only in denial of existence.

Time is a delusion. So the idea of dying and experiencing non-existence at some certain moment is delusional.

The entire manifested world is a delusion where Reality itself is denied. Nothing but Reality exists. Period. Nothing outside or besides it exists. Period. Any experience, thought, feeling otherwise is delusional.

This delusional state we find ourselves in, where time is "real" and space and the universe "exists" is the closest thing to non-existence anyone will ever come too.. and yet "everyone" only "exists" in this delusion and nowhere else.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This question used to keep me up at night - until I really thought about it.

You die, and one of 2 things happens;

1. It is the end. You cease to exist. If you cease to exist, then you have no feelings or consciousness, so who cares?
2. There is something else after death, so enjoy the ride.

If you die, and cease to exist, then it's the end. You won't be worrying about it then, so why lose sleep worrying about it now?

There is absolutely no way to know - and regardless of the outcome, it doesn't matter; it will either be an adventure, or nothing.

I think it's a waste of time debating and waxing lyrical as to what may or may not happen after death - enjoy your life now! Live each moment, embrace it, suck all the life out of each day that you can. Don't sit there pondering non existence, or life after death ... we will all know the answer soon enough!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I would be imagine that it would be just total blackness. NO matter, no conscience nothing.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is nothing that is not.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A more relevant question might be... can you imagine what eternal existence or eternal life is like.. and are we already IN it?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Non existence is being greatly misunderstood. For instance, if you were everything, you would not experience existence. Because there would be nothing other-than you. Non-existing is not equal to the number zero, it is equal to the concept of infinity,
edit on 11-10-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
A more relevant question might be... can you imagine what eternal existence or eternal life is like.. and are we already IN it?

You ARE experiencing eternal life, but at the moment , your experience of a temporary individual life, is heavily influencing your consciousness.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by Akragon

Your theory is correct. Non-existence is a delusional idea. An idea that exists only in denial of existence.

Time is a delusion. So the idea of dying and experiencing non-existence at some certain moment is delusional.

The entire manifested world is a delusion where Reality itself is denied. Nothing but Reality exists. Period. Nothing outside or besides it exists. Period. Any experience, thought, feeling otherwise is delusional.

This delusional state we find ourselves in, where time is "real" and space and the universe "exists" is the closest thing to non-existence anyone will ever come too.. and yet "everyone" only "exists" in this delusion and nowhere else.

Time, theory, "manifested world", Space, existence and nonexistence are concepts not delusions. The delusion comes from using concepts to define or analyze your existence.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I see it like this (the following explanation will tie into the nothingness topic in the end, bear with me
)...consciousness is all the same no matter what animal experiences it. Consciousness is however altered by whatever mind the creature possess. So for humans we are all originally the same person but our behavior is altered by our minds on exactly how we interpret things. We humans are essentially the same but due to the biological process we end up slightly different, some might be more aggressive than others due to a larger amygdala and so on. But once we realize this we are able to see beyond this biological veil and see the truth and can thus circumvent our biological process into the more spiritual thinking and realize we are all one. Thus if we die we return to the larger consciousness and await being reborn which will be experience as "waking up" for the first time with no memory of your last life. I regards to this, I don't believe in nothingness.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I do believe that non-existence as a spirit is...possible, however, I'm not entirely sure if it's what really happens to us at the ending of our current existence. Do we move on to somewhere else, or do we stop here...?
That is the question, eh?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesummonedo

Thanks for the reply....

Welcome to our forum... Congrats on your first post/star

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i always figured itd be like a dreamless sleep.... but you never wake up...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MicDiesal37
i always figured itd be like a dreamless sleep.... but you never wake up...

Then You would cease to be You...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's more about passing from the realm of the dead back into life, than it is of passing to some conjectured 'afterlife'.

This is the plane of death and physicality is what entombs us.

Non-existence is what actually follows, because 'existence' is simply to be under the effects of physicality. From this perspective, it is inevitable that we 'die', but what is perceived as 'dying' in this world is actually 'coming back to life' from the higher perspective.

From the perspective of this illusory world, you will indeed die and you will encounter non-existence. Non-existence is natural for all free beings. It means that you have the whole Multi-Absolute (I'd argue this is the correct term, and not 'Universe' or 'Creation') as your plaything, without actually being limited by physicality. Ergo - non-existence is the infinitely preferable state. Perhaps it will evolve towards something even more fantastic, but as it is, this curious inversion is at the heart of the incarnational drama.

This is a world in which *everything* is upside down. Death is life. Life is death. Existence is death, non-existence is freedom/life. Religion kills spirituality and so on and so forth. How can people not realize just how illusory and unreal this world and 'existence' as a whole really are?
edit on 23-1-2018 by Rhaegar7 because: clarifications

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've had enough surgery and other periods of unconsciousness that are not sleep to get a pretty good idea what non-existence is like. No thoughts. No feelings. No feeling of time passing. No nuthin'.

That pretty much sums it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join