It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weak El Nino Predicted for Winter 2012 / 2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Wow, you went through all that trouble to post that it is nothing newsworthy.

Seriously, there is nothing that states that "coming off a few years of La Nina" means that we will automatically go into an El Nino. Had you read my thread all the way through, you may have understood that we could continue to go La Nina, go into a neutral ENSO pattern, or slide into an El Nino. There are no guarantees, and no real pattern.

If there were, we could predict the seasons with 100% accuracy, and none of it would be newsworthy.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Exactly. I'm not sure if we're just riding along with nature, and because of all the 2012 hype, we're noticing things more intensely for the first time, or perhaps, nature senses something wicked this way comes, and we're unable to interpret what we see with any certainty.

Anybody who lives out in the country tends to watch nature, as it is all around us. Everybody is noticing the plants and animals doing their fall thing much earlier this year. All we can do is prepare for what could be a rough winter, and hope it's not too bad.

As far as a shift.....Well, what can we do about that, other than be stocked up, and ride it out? Part of me says, in all the history of mankind, how many have witnessed a global shift (and lived to tell about it)? There is a definite curiosity on my part, but not exactly a fear. Maybe with all the talk about it, I've become somewhat numb to the possibility. My personal feeling is that December 21st will come and go, and nothing big will occur.

But if it does, I purchased many heirloom seeds, not just for food, but for medicinal herbs and spices. I hope that where ever my little patch of land ends up in regards to the equator, it is amenable to growing a garden.

Of course, as you implied, there is no way that we can know. For many people, I would say your conjecture about weather watching and noticing plants and animals doing their Fall thing much earlier very well could be related to all the hype about 2012. I tend to agree that we will see the December date come and go with no particular fanfare as such relates to the Mayan Calendar. I absolutely believe their calendar *did* mean something, though - I believe that they recorded cycles and that whatever the cycle is, it begins again on 22nd December; therefore, no need for another calendar when they could simply return to the first day of the calendar they already had.

However, according to many, many other Native American prophecies, we are due for a change and many believe it will come soon. Will every person on earth die because of it? Likely not. Will any die because of it? Who can know. Like you, I do not fear because there is nothing I can do to change any of it.

All that said, it is my humble opinion that if we are to see any dramatic, worldwide changes occurring between now and the end of this year, it will be wide scale war(s). =( It is my prayer that I am wrong.

To that end, I will just continue watching nature as I was taught to do and take my lead from the actions of those much smarter than all of us ~ the squirrels, caterpillars, terrapins, tarantulas, trees, dogs, etc. Generally speaking, they are not wrong. =)

Thank you for such a nice thread and for all the hard work and research you put into the OP - it has been refreshing to see so many report their own observations.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It would appear this thread is winding up; however, if you are continuing to gather data on what appears to be an early approaching Winter, I thought you might like the following to add to your information:

Winter comes early in Hawaii with arrival of 50-foot surf

While skiers and snowboarders are waiting breathlessly for a new winter to arrive, those who get to feel it first are actually surfers in Hawaii, and if you ask them, they'll be the first to tell you winter arrived with a bang on Tuesday, as 50-foot swells generated from the first north Pacific storm of the season slammed the north shore of Maui.

As the northern Pacific storm system comes alive each winter, powerful swells begin marching across its vast expanse. Within days those swells make landfall, hitting the reefs of Hawaii before reaching the U.S. mainland days later. These massive walls of water carry tremendous energy, which is unleashed as they detonate in spectacular fashion.

So this report is more than just an individual's report of Winter arriving early.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join