Why mocking intelligent design believers scientifically is not fair

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
As a curious and skeptical entity,,, I hold the reservation that this universe might have been created by some type of intelligence... How is this proposition going against science,,,, when science itself is the study and comprehension of this potential intelligences work?

You have every right to that opinion. I was referring to the people who claim ID is scientific or factual when it's not. That goes against science to me, just like appealing to complexity does. I know that everyone doesn't think like this, and there are plenty of rational creationists and ID advocates out there. I'm not lumping them all together. I just get annoyed when somebody calls something a fact or claim X proves Y, when it actually doesn't. There's nothing wrong with the belief itself. People just need to understand it's a belief. When people start rattling on about nanotechnology in cells, it is a misnomer. When somebody ignores countless scientific facts and makes wild claims that can't be backed up, then I do believe mocking them is fair. But I don't think it's fair to mock somebody because of a personal belief.

Arg I think I worded that way more confusingly than I wanted to. Ah well. If you need clarification, just let me know
edit on 11-10-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
whoops double post.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

As a curious and skeptical entity,,, I hold the reservation that this universe might have been created by some type of intelligence... How is this proposition going against science,,,, when science itself is the study and comprehension of this potential intelligences work?

You have every right to that opinion. I was referring to the people who claim ID is scientific or factual when it's not. That goes against science to me, just like appealing to complexity does. I know that everyone doesn't think like this, and there are plenty of rational creationists and ID advocates out there. I'm not lumping them all together. I just get annoyed when somebody calls something a fact or claim X proves Y, when it actually doesn't. There's nothing wrong with the belief itself. People just need to understand it's a belief. When people start rattling on about nanotechnology in cells, it is a misnomer. When somebody ignores countless scientific facts and makes wild claims that can't be backed up, then I do believe mocking them is fair. But I don't think it's fair to mock somebody because of a personal belief.

Arg I think I worded that way more confusingly than I wanted to. Ah well. If you need clarification, just let me know

I know what you are talking about,..,., NOone should like a person who is wrong,,,, noone should like being wrong....

what is the definition of technology?

and how would you describe the ways cells work in a living organism?
edit on 11-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Since you like you some Tyson;

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

yea hes so right... the universe is established so stupidly even the intelligence cant figure out how it works,, jut a ton of nonsense,, chaos, real simple stupid concepts and techniques to get this dumb reality...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

The point is there are a great many things in existence that couldn't ever be described as something that was 'intelligently' designed.

Such as the universe being 99.9999999999999999% instantly lethal to life.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The funny thing is I think that evolutionists have to learn to engage with science and not with their chosen faith. It was Martin Luthers (not Martin Luther King) understanding of Christianity that brought education to the people. That education caused the leaps and bounds we see in all the sciences today.

Evolutionists and atheists consider evolution proven and deny science can offer anything else...according to some. Creationists want to study and understand it in more detail, we demand the answers science should provide.
Your premise is backwards in my opinion.

Evolutionist atheists deny science

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
The funny thing is I think that evolutionists have to learn to engage with science and not with their chosen faith. It was Martin Luthers (not Martin Luther King) understanding of Christianity that brought education to the people. That education caused the leaps and bounds we see in all the sciences today.

Evolutionists and atheists consider evolution proven and deny science can offer anything else...according to some. Creationists want to study and understand it in more detail, we demand the answers science should provide.
Your premise is backwards in my opinion.

Evolutionist atheists deny science

Way to twist the facts

Evolution is a proven scientific theory and FACT. You might not like it because of your religious brainwashing, but that doesn't really change anything

And yes, making fun of intelligent design is warranted as long as they don't provide OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE to back up their claims. Their entire argument is based on GOD OF THE GAPS

edit on 9-11-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

The point is there are a great many things in existence that couldn't ever be described as something that was 'intelligently' designed.

so the definition of an intelligent design is how perfect the entire universe is to 000000000.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

of the matter in it ( humans) .......

let me guess the sun revolves around you

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"I want to put on the table, not why 85% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences reject God, I want to know why 15% of the National Academy don’t." -Tyson

Really. Is he unaware that the great majority of Americans (he specifies the National Academy) are taught as children that eternal torture awaits if they don't worship god? Does he think that kind of childhood experience is something everyone can just shake off? There's nothing mysterious about early indoctrination.

There is no tradition of scientists picketing outside the sunday school door. Likewise there should be no emergent tradition of religion being introduced into the science classroom. -Tyson

No, there shouldn't be. But there is. It's part of a large, co-ordinated movement.

"The current atheist fervour that has taken on over the past seven years is highly unfair. It's dis-respectful. Until that number (of religious scientists) is 0 atheists have NOTHING to say to the general public about god or religion. These 7% are elite scientists among us in the national academy of sciences, who are religious and pray to a personal god. -Tyson

Oh, really. Because a small percentage of scientists still believe in a Bronze-Age tribal god I need to keep my unfair, disrespectful mouth shut? Like hell. Not while an army of deluded zealots are busily infiltrating everything from Washington D.C. to thousands of school boards. Zeus Almighty, that's rich.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

so the definition of an intelligent design is how perfect the entire universe is to 000000000.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Who else could give such a definition?

Does that sound like a perfect design from a perfect designer to you?

No wait.....of course it does....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Evolution has yet to provide me any evidence that refutes Intelligent Design. Hopefully some scientist can come along and prove, without absence of evidence of how the universe formed. I have yet to see anyone even explain the Moon's origins with irrefutable PROOF.

I love science more than anything, but people are getting so caught up in attacking everyone else, as opposed to just doing what they do best, SCIENCE.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Evolution is a proven scientific theory and FACT. You might not like it because of your religious brainwashing, but that doesn't really change anything

And yes, making fun of intelligent design is warranted as long as they don't provide OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE to back up their claims. Their entire argument is based on GOD OF THE GAPS

PROOF? FACTS? WHERE?

Evolution is the addition of Information via Mutation for the purpose of Adaptation, correct? Where is addition of information seen in observable Evolution you like to call "micro-evolution"? Is it not the absolute truth that we have been unable to observe any addition of information from mutation, only loss?

You sure seem self-righteous in your attitude, and I beg you to provide me with irrefutable FACTS that prove Evolution to be true in the way it is understood to be necessary to go from Single Cell Organisms to Human (or any complex structure).

God of Gaps? Let's talk BIG BANG-----------*BILLIONS OF YEARS OF EVOLUTION*-----------Present Day Planetary System/Life

^^ Yeah, I'd say the Big Bang is far more of a Gap than Creation. LOL

I recommend you open your mind. The only person brainwashed is you and others who are caught in your same closed-minded box.
edit on 11/10/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: Gap Theory
edit on 11/10/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION
Evolution has yet to provide me any evidence that refutes Intelligent Design. Hopefully some scientist can come along and prove, without absence of evidence of how the universe formed. I have yet to see anyone even explain the Moon's origins with irrefutable PROOF.

Well, ignoring the fact evolution has nothing to say about the moon's or the universe's origins....why do you think evolution would 'provide' you with any evidence for or against the case for intelligent design? I.D stands on its own merits, and as such fails pretty miserably all by itself.

I love science more than anything, but people are getting so caught up in attacking everyone else, as opposed to just doing what they do best, SCIENCE.

I think this is merely projection. Science doesn't attack anything, it's just a quest for knowledge and it doesn't care about peoples beliefs or lack thereof.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

PROOF? FACTS? WHERE?

Evolution is the addition of Information via Mutation for the purpose of Adaptation, correct? Where is addition of information seen in observable Evolution you like to call "micro-evolution"? Is it not the absolute truth that we have been unable to observe any addition of information from mutation, only loss?

You sure seem self-righteous in your attitude, and I beg you to provide me with irrefutable FACTS that prove Evolution to be true in the way it is understood to be necessary to go from Single Cell Organisms to Human (or any complex structure).

God of Gaps? Let's talk BIG BANG-----------*BILLIONS OF YEARS OF EVOLUTION*-----------Present Day Planetary System/Life

I recommend you open your mind. The only person brainwashed is you and others who are caught in your same closed-minded box.

"The facts are there, look at google"

standard evolutionists argument around here I am afraid, dont expect any better than tired old Australopithecus proof from the believers in the religion of evolution on ATS

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 4REVOLUTION

You don't seem to understand what the theory of evolution states. Watch the video below, it explains in great detail why your assumptions are wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

standard evolutionists argument around here I am afraid, dont expect any better than tired old Australopithecus proof from the believers in the religion of evolution on ATS

The video above is for you too...because it's evident you don't know what you're talking about. The theory of evolution isn't a "religion" because it has FACTS and OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE as backup. And that's why Christianity or Islam are religions that are based on blind faith, zero objective evidence, and no facts. It's a completely subjective belief...unlike scientific theories.

What you are doing is equal to Mitt Romney's campaign pretending they are winning when all the polls clearly showed they weren't.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

the design of the universe is beyond brilliant and genius,,

humans,, more specifically intelligent humans,, are only one minor aspect in regards to the entire operation of creation....

the universe is intelligently designed,,, humans are intelligently designed... some humans can intelligently design..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We really going down the path of disbelief in evolution

I really expected better.

Evolution is not just a theory of life, in an inherent law woven into the very mathematics of the universe.

Butterfly - The Secret Life Of Chaos, The Laws of Nature and the Power of Evolution

I can expand on this if needs be.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

PROOF? FACTS? WHERE?

The facts are here: www.talkorigins.org...

Not a single creationist has ever attempted to debunk anything in that link. Please, by all means, present your case with objective evidence that counters anything said in that link. Nah, you'll probably just ignore it and pretend it was never posted as usual. Don't demand facts if you are going to ignore them when people go out of their way to post it for you. Instead learn it. This link is pretty much the thread killer in every one of these anti evolution type threads.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join