It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly VS Stewart: FULL October 2012 Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Rumble 2012 - "Daily Show" funnyman Jon Stewart and Fox News host Bill O'Reilly faced off in a debate Saturday tonight at the Lisner Auditorium on the campus of George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Viewers can watch the event. dubbed "O'Reilly v Stewart 2012: The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium" streaming on the web at therumble2012.com.

Bill isn't really all that off in this debate, too be honest. He's kind of outlandish and has a lot of hate because the way he targeted Ron Paul, but he does this to many many other people.

I'm only about 50% of the way through, but I thought I'd share this with you all

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks for this, I saw a thread a few days ago about this, but its lost somewhere in ATS land, I figured eventually someone would post it so I can watch it.

S&F, NRE.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
orealy is a wantabee strewrt is a joke can't take none of them for anyting but the kings fool

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Huffington post

Here is a link to Huffington post article that details the best one liners.

I like:
Moderator: If the U.S. was burning, what famous person would you save?
Bill: "I would say Oprah, she's worth about a hundred billion. Who would you save?"
Jon: "My family?"

I find this quite telling!
brice

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Something to consider, they both profit from this.
edit: I did watch this late, late, last night. It was entertaining some what, I'll give it that.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice
Huffington post

Here is a link to Huffington post article that details the best one liners.

I like:
Moderator: If the U.S. was burning, what famous person would you save?
Bill: "I would say Oprah, she's worth about a hundred billion. Who would you save?"
Jon: "My family?"

I find this quite telling!
brice

Telling? If you watch the debate, and see Bill's reaction, it will make more sense. Bill stretches his hands out as if to suggest that Jon has gone beyond the bounds of the question (which he has). Jon's family isn't famous, obviously, he's just point scoring with the crowd... and being funny.

It was a nice moment

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Saw the whole thing start to finish...yes he didn't answer exactly what was asked, that is even more telling...thinking outside the box!
Both got their digs in, it was a fun debate!
brice

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim181
orealy is a wantabee strewrt is a joke can't take none of them for anyting but the kings fool

Should read.....?

"O'Reilly is a wannabe, Stewart is a joke, can't take them for anything but the king's fool"

Neither one are fools...both have IQ's off the charts.

If you struggle with the English language as many of our out of Towner's do, try using spell check before posting could help you immensely! Also correct spellings of O'Reilly and Stewart are in the title, no excuse....try a little harder so we can keep posts to at least grade 4 English!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

It is not point scoring with the crowd. I think the point was, he would save his family and not some famous person .. which SHOULD be a relatively normal response to a crisis.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Awen24

It is not point scoring with the crowd. I think the point was, he would save his family and not some famous person .. which SHOULD be a relatively normal response to a crisis.

Oh, I think it was point scoring - but I don't mean that in a critical sense, I mean it in an "I'm a comedian and it's my job to make people laugh" sense.

I agree though - that was certainly the point of the statement.
I loved the debate, I thought it was fantastic - with some great points on both sides. And it's certainly nice to see a debate where two people with such divergent views can actually be civil, heated, rude, friendly and cuddly (if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean) all in the one night - and still leave as friends and decent human beings.

Now if we could only get Obamney to have such a debate...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Link now goes to video removed notice.....

Des

top topics

join