It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coast Bases Being Evacuated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You do know about it, they just don't advertise it.

Next time your local interstate is shut down for 2 hours, but construction or accident isn't listed, that is a military movement.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Military movements do not shut down the interstate for two hours...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
John Moore, lol.

This guy's name needs to be starred out by the forum software. Zero credibility. He always has sources, and they are always his uncle. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Yes they do.

You do know that is what the interstate was designed for, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm aware of that being the reason interstates were constructed. Which was not so they could be "shut down" for military movements; simply to make moving equipment or soldiers from point a.) to point b.) much more efficient. However...I have been a part of more military movements than you have ever seen, and rest assured, the interstate was never once shut down. Explain to me, exactly, how that would work. Military vehicle sets up a few barriers and parks, and tells approaching vehicles they are going to be sitting here for 2 hours, because they cannot pass, for an unspecified reason? Every vehicle that is already beyond this "choke point" is flagged down and ordered to stop? "Cover your eyes until we pass!"? Cite one example in which the interstate was shut down by the military for 2 hours, that you can personally prove or attest to. Because it doesn't happen.
edit on 10/9/2012 by mademyself1984 because: forgot to add...

edit on 10/9/2012 by mademyself1984 because: sp

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

I'm aware of that being the reason interstates were constructed. Which was not so they could be "shut down" for military movements; simply to make moving equipment or soldiers from point a.) to point b.) much more efficient.

And also for evacuation. It is a dual purpose.

However...I have been a part of more military movements than you have ever seen, and rest assured, the interstate was never once shut down.

That might also depend on location and accessibility.

Explain to me, exactly, how that would work. Military vehicle sets up a few barriers and parks, and tells approaching vehicles they are going to be sitting here for 2 hours, because they cannot pass, for an unspecified reason?Every vehicle that is already beyond this "choke point" is flagged down and ordered to stop? Cover your eyes until we pass!"?

Shows how much you know. Since that is not how it works. In order to manage this, it is a collaboration between military and state agencies. The media has to be notified to report that the highway is closed from such and such a time. The state highway administration puts out the overhead and highway notifications. Then the LEO,state highway agencies, and state troopers close the exits.
Pretty much the same thing they do for large accidents or construction, that close the highways.

Though the Eisenhower interstate system is federal, it is still up to the local and state governments to maintain the effectiveness and safety of those highways. And the military must comply with the regulations that the state or locals set.
Maybe in your area your locals didn't feel the need to shut down the interstate, in mine they do, probably about once a year. For example, if something is being moved that is exceeding bridge weight limits, do you really think that they will allow other civilian vehicles to cross those bridges along with the oversized equipment?

They may not do this for small movements, but large ones, yes.Or oversized loads. Which is why civilians don't see any movements larger then a handful of vehicles.

Cite one example in which the interstate was shut down by the military for 2 hours, that you can personally prove or attest to. Because it doesn't happen.
edit on 10/9/2012 by mademyself1984 because: forgot to add...

edit on 10/9/2012 by mademyself1984 because: sp

I work for one of the coordinating state agencies.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was in the military and on many, many, convoys in many different states and never once did we shut down a highway to civilian traffic even pulling a large load. None of the old timers at the time ever referenced a shut down of major highways and we did talk among ourselves so don't infer some type of secret "if you talk you die" nonsense.

Besides this would be major news to civilian reporters and anti-war people to harp about the military. Where are the stories?

edit on 9-10-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not disputing that interstates are shut down. However, the military doesn't "shut down" interstates. The interstate here is shut down from time to time because very oversized loads (windmill parts) need to be merged on and off of the interstate safely. The interstate is closed long enough to get them on. Then pilot vehicles ensure other vehicles keep their distance, or pass safely. "That's why you never see more than a handful of vehicles"....alright....so explain to me what a "handful of vehicles is", because I've been in convoys, on the interstate, in at least 3 different states, that involved 20 or more rather large trucks. Oh...and some military vehicles are only ALLOWED on the interstate, and roads permitted for their use in order to reach the interstate...I'm referring to HETTS, which are the vehicles that the unit I am currently a member of operates. No movement, that I have ever been a part of, has shut down any road, let alone an interstate. In nearly 10 years of service.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
'Communist' president?

I wouldn't take this story too seriously.

That might be the only factual part of it, so yeah I see what you mean.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

East Coast Bases Being Evacuated

Not happening. The USA never goes to sleep. Someone is always out and about with a cell phone with a camera. There is no way the East Coast bases could be evac'd overnight without a ton of people knowing about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You do know about it, they just don't advertise it.

Next time your local interstate is shut down for 2 hours, but construction or accident isn't listed, that is a military movement.

i'm not going to go into the hows and why's nor anecdotal evidence on either side of this debate, just that in reality you nor i would know anything about top secret military movements, whether you work for the governor or not.

P.S. i suppose you never heard of railways or aircraft eh?
edit on 9-10-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Very interesting charts and graphs here
tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov...

Sea level rise on the U.S. East Coast has accelerated much faster than in other parts of the world—roughly three to four times the global average, a new study says.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.nature.com...#/f1

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Was trolling around the interwebs today when I noticed an interesting article about east coast military bases being evacuated. I read the blurb on it, and I am not sure what to think about it.

Because at the 8 minute 30 second mark of the video below, John Moore takes a call from a caller wondering if John had received any further information about ‘anything happening on the East Coast’. John responds “well, we did get an update last night, nothing shocking news so much as confirmation of things we’re getting from other sources. Information that first of all the East Coast military bases are being evacuated under the cover of darkness in the middle of the night using secondary roads. Of course, they aren’t using the word evacuate, that’s my terminology, but they’re relocating, taking out the heavy, expensive equipment and supplies and they’re going to high ground. And, second confirmation when we wake up one morning and there’s Canadian and Mexican troops in the United States to help us in our ‘time of need’, then we’ll know that we’re real close to everything falling apart. So that’s the confirmations we got yesterday afternoon.” Further..”and they’ll be invited in by the Communist president that we’ve got…”

The source also has a 40 minute video by John Moore discussing atmospheric changes in the gulf stream, as described as erratic or slowing down and even stopping. It seems that the author of the article is trying make a connection between his intel and this video story.

I have no idea as for whether this is true or not. What do think?

Original source:
reinep.wordpress.com...

**mods move this post to where needed. I was not sure what forum to post it in.**
edit on 8-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

I was just in a major east coast base today and nothing like this has gone on.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

*facepalm* Read my former post.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Ok, so you are specifically saying that the military doesn't do the shut down themselves?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I did and I was in the military. were you?

Read my post.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
For whatever it is worth, I live on one of the 'East Coast Bases'. Haven't heard or seen squat. Business as usual.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by ANOK
'Communist' president?

I wouldn't take this story too seriously.

That might be the only factual part of it, so yeah I see what you mean.

No, anyone who thinks Obama is a communist either really ignorant, or has an agenda to confuse and manipulate.

I wish he was a communist. Do you really think they would let a communist become president? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why is this thread still going and why hasn't the word HOAX appeared under it's title? If any or all military bases were to be evacuated, every civilian employee would be wondering where everyone went. At least a hundred would be posting somewhere on the interwebs and more than one would be talking to the news.

What did the military do, take all of the GS and WLs with them? If so, why aren't the families wondering where they went? Speaking of families, did those who evacuated take them? That's one hell of a convoy in the middle of the night which would raise a heckuva lot of suspicion with neighbors.

Come on, use common sense and think about the logistical nightmare it is to move a battalion, let alone an entire base!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

No kidding, nothing to back this up.

Let's move on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join