It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's policy-shift on Mid East

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by MrWendal

I already addressed the issue Rand Paul brought up. Why do you keep bringing up the same idea?

Really now? Please show me the link you provided to Rand Paul's speech on this issue.

Oh that's right, you can't. You did not provide one.

The better question here is why do you act like a child anytime someone else has an opinion that differs from your own?

Want a new fact?

Fact: In no post in this thread prior to my posting the article from Rand Paul did you even mention his name much less his opinion on this issue.

Seriously, grow up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You make many good and valid points. Following the philosophy that "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend" and providing arms / assistance based on that has often proved to be a very bad mistake.

Sure, the brave freedom fighters in Afghanistan battling the evil commies from Russia seemed like great guys at the time. But when many of them later morphed into Al-Qaida they didn't seem like such nice guys after all.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I already addressed the issue Rand Paul brought up. Why do you keep bringing up the same idea?

Really now? Please show me the link you provided to Rand Paul's speech on this issue.

Oh that's right, you can't. You did not provide one.

The better question here is why do you act like a child anytime someone else has an opinion that differs from your own?

Want a new fact?

Fact: In no post in this thread prior to my posting the article from Rand Paul did you even mention his name much less his opinion on this issue.

Seriously, grow up.

So I have to mention Rand to address the issue Rand brings up? You're the only child here. Rand does not want another Lybia where we arm terrorists. I ALREADY addressed this. Romney specifically stated ONLY certain rebel groups, they would be vetted.

In his speech, Romney specified that arms should be given only to Syrian rebels who share the values of the U.S. and its allies in Syria

www.bloomberg.com...
This is Romney's quote.

“I will work with our partners to identify and organize those members of the opposition who share our values and ensure they obtain the arms they need to defeat Assad’s tanks, helicopters, and fighter jets,”

www.csmonitor.com...
Seriously go throw your tantrum elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

And who will those rebels supply the weapons to?

Point blank, straight up question.

Once these weapons leave the hands of the US, where do these weapons go? Do they stay with a select few or do they get passed around to anyone who fights for the side of the rebels?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

The FSA is also being funded by Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, 2 of the least democratic countries on the planet. So to suggest the rebels share western values is nonsense. Just a shame so many have bought the bs. No one is sayin Assad is a good guy,but it's not as simple as deciding the FSA should be receiving weapons and support.

It was the same support and weapons supplied to rebels in Libya that saw an American ambassador killed.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Well.. My main point was that the rebels we supported in the 80s fighting the Soviet Union held ideals close enough to ours (or so our leaders said/thought) to justify it. We helped radicalize them and now look where that has ended up?

Romney's intentions could be plated in diamond encrusted gold, it doesn't change the fact that his actions will most likely backfire if he thinks mingling in Middle Eastern affairs is a good idea.

Who are these rebel groups in the ME that hold "western ideals"? Are there any? I'd love to meet them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Unfortunately, I feel if Obama wins, he will do the same thing.

S&F

Even in Biden's debate with Ryan, it is clear that Biden indeeds wants to get out, and he is doing it in the right way. Let the Afgans's know the U.S. is pulling out, Biden knows from experience that you have to be strong on this. When I hear Ryan, he seems much too milk toast and clearly to me, Biden's seems the right vice president to hold the office in the next election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join