It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi arms found in Syrian mosque.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The BBC news is reporting that 3 wooden boxes, addressed to the Saudi Ministry of Defence and sent from an Ukrainian firm Dastan, suppliers of naval weapons and missile complexes, have been seen and filmed in a Syrian Mosque and are presumably for use by the rebels.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Did those Russian helicopters, that were stopped by the UK navy, ever get to Syria? Lost sight of that one somehow.

Naval weapons seems a bit ominous, if that is what is in those boxes, which do not seem that large. What else could be in them?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Haha, at first when I read it I thought you meant limbs had been found...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Saudi Arabia does NOT like Syria or Iran..

You know those rebels are getting mad support.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are the Big dogs in the area, and Syria seems to be stuck in a proxy war between the two.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow.. Now that crate sure gets me to wondering. The link to the Ukranian Firm raises all kinds of questions. The Naval side sounds a little silly...but Fire control pieces for missile launching, Fire control radar and air target tracking systems on a mobile set up...now that is what seems to be described in the other areas the company works. Laser designation too. That makes tons of sense right there. Coalition or NATO fighters would love to have ground marking, I'm sure.

it would also explain why they were not about to open the crate and let anyone peek in. I'm thinking the crate could represent quite a technological advance for the rebels, given the company it came from. The plot thickens....and I sure hope the rebels STAY friendly with this high tech booty being dropped in their lap.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Interesting, they are storing their weapons in mosque's. So now you know, if you want to keep your stash safe, hide it in a church. Or conversely, if you want to destroy your enemies stash, bomb a church.

edit on 8-10-2012 by jacknast76 because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It's no good having these high tech weapon systems, unless you have someone with the ability to operate them, the question is who supplying the personnel to operate these advanced weapons.

As the case with libya, it turn out SAS and french special forces were taking temp retirement and working as mercs on inflated pay, to operate and train rebels in the use of the advanced weapons, and organizing logistics, as a legal way to not break any war conventions.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks all for reading and adding your views.

SV.So far we do not know what is in those boxes...maybe limbs....maybe they are to construct a bionic warrior.?? OK I joke. In that BBC snip-it, there is a suggestion that it is ammunition, but if so why hide it from the reporters? Maybe, from the label on the box, it might be possible to find out.

Not sure I can agree with your thoughts DustyToad, I think there has been previous reports of Saudi Arabia assisting the rebels, of course I may have misunderstood. The box has a label that suggests it passed through a Saudi port.

Wrabbit, interesting conclusion. I mentioned those helicopters and still haven't tracked down any news of them yet, but to "illuminate" ground targets would helicopters be more or as useful as planes?

Jacknast. This has been going on for years, I believe the Germans, the IRA and many other rebel groups have done this in the past. It is shameful but understandable I suppose. It also confirms where the rebels get some of their backing from, mind you there are a few rebel groups not just the one.

TheMaverick. That might be the 1000 dollar question, who and why? I appreciate DT's thoughts but would not the Saudi's have the links/ability?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Saudi support for opposition fighters is nothing new or shocking. Unusually high numbers of Steyr assault rifles knocking about Syria these days.

top topics

join