It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gets Debate Advice From Jed Bartlet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So this is fictional and done up by Aaron Sorkin, whome more recently created 'The Newsroom".

The lights from the presidential motorcade illuminate a New Hampshire farmhouse at night in the sprawling New England landscape. JED BARTLET steps out onto his porch as the motorcade slows to a stop.

BARTLET (calling out) Don’t even get out of the car!

BARACK OBAMA (opening the door of his limo) Five minutes, that’s all I want.

BARTLET Were you sleepy?

OBAMA Jed —

BARTLET Was that the problem? Had you just taken allergy medication? General anesthesia?

OBAMA I had an off night.

BARTLET What makes you say that? The fact that the Cheesecake Factory is preparing an ad campaign boasting that it served Romney his pre-debate meal? Law school graduates all over America are preparing to take the bar exam by going to the freakin’ Cheesecake Factory!

OBAMA (following Bartlet inside) I can understand why you’re upset, Jed.

BARTLET Did your staff let you know the debate was gonna be on television?

OBAMA (looking in the other room) Is that Jeff Daniels?

BARTLET That’s Will McAvoy, he just looks like Jeff Daniels.

OBAMA Why’s he got Jim Lehrer in a hammerlock?

BARTLET That’s called an Apache Persuasion Hold. McAvoy thinks it’s the responsibility of the moderator to expose — what are they called? — lies.

WILL (shouting) Did Obama remove the work requirement from Welfare-to-Work?!

LEHRER No!

WILL And you didn’t want to ask Romney about that because? It would’ve been impolite?!

BARTLET Let’s go in another room, Mr. President. You want a cigarette?

OBAMA I stopped smoking.

Read the rest Here

I thought it was quite funny and I think it sheds some light on Obama's inability to call Mitt out on his problems with facts and numbers.

Thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hilarious!

This is almost the same style of blunt arrogance that I would use against Romney if I were in that debate.

I will not vote for Obama, but I really hope he takes Romney to the cleaners. He needs to be outed as the liar he is.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mitts problems on facts?

Really?

Abound Solar (Loveland, Colorado), manufacturer of thin film photovoltaic modules. Beacon Power (Tyngsborough, Massachusetts), designed and developed advanced products and services to support stable, reliable and efficient electricity grid operation. Ener1 (Indianapolis, Indiana), built compact lithium-ion-powered battery solutions for hybrid and electric cars. Energy Conversion Devices (Rochester Hills, Michigan/Auburn Hills, Michigan), manufacturer of flexible thin film photovoltaic (PV) technology and a producer of batteries and other renewable energy-related products. Evergreen Solar, Inc. (Marlborough, Massachusetts), manufactured and installed solar panels. Mountain Plaza, Inc. (Dandridge, Tennessee), designed and implemented “truck-stop electrification” technology. Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsens Mills Acquisition Co. (Berlin, Wisconsin), a private company producing ethanol. Range Fuels (Soperton, Georgia), tried to develop a technology that converted biomass into ethanol without the use of enzymes. Raser Technologies (Provo, Utah), geothermal power plants and technology licensing. Solyndra (Fremont, California), manufacturer of cylindrical panels of thin-film solar cells. Spectrawatt (Hopewell, New York), solar cell manufacturer. Thompson River Power LLC (Wayzata, Minnesota), designed and developed advanced products and services to support stable, reliable and efficient electricity grid operation

blog.heritage.org...

In a policy reversal, President Obama's administration announced Wednesday that it will not allow offshore oil drilling in the eastern Gulf of Mexico or off the Atlantic coast for at least seven more years.

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

Calling the other guy(Mittens) a liar lost the humor.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes....there is an episode I remember..."Let Bartlet be Bartlet"...too much coaching..."let Obama be Obama"..

I saw three men on stage during that debate. Mitt Romney...and two President Obamas....the one who had anger in his eyes, disbelief...and when the President went to retort...a calm professor.

Over-coached...for the love of God....Let them call him arrogant...let them blow the "Angry Black Man" racist dog whistle...let them call him whatever they like, but let Obama be Obama.

As Leo said in one of those WW episodes, "If we are going to run into some walls, lets do it at full speed"
edit on 8-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

He needs some help in this section of running for president again!! Fiction or not.....LOL

Man it's no wonder they didn't want Ron Paul in the running, he would have murdered these guys in a debate.....

Ohhhhh Mr. Obama, when can we move on and forget about you?? Without Romney being in the picture also?? 5 years from now I am afraid.....

edit on 10/8/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes Mitt lied. His plan is mathematically impossible. There are not enough tax-loop-holes to close to offset his tax cuts for the wealthy...and he won't say what tax holes he will close. Magic, nonsense fairy dust.

The Studies that Mitt cited that said his plan could work? not 6 studies...2, the rest were blog posts...all of them conservative pundits...AND the two studies that said his plan could work? They had to fundementally CHANGE his plan to get the numbers to line up.

Mitt is trying to sell the American Public a flying car that runs on water for just 10K...the only catch is...it's secret, you can't see it until you buy it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hows that rob from the rich and give to the poor plan been working out for the last 4 years?

Oh yeah thats right nothing, but magic fairy dust.

Unless you have read the IRS tax code would hold off with that "never work crap".

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I just wanted to point out I Think they are both liars. I'm not pro either of them as far as I'm concerned you have the joice between two Globalist Scum Bags;

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by neo96

Yes Mitt lied.

He certainly did. Here, let Mitt tell us himself:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Anyone have degrees from Princeton?

The president's healthcare law does reduce future spending on Medicare, but those savings are obtained by reducing federal payments to insurance companies, hospitals and other providers, and do not affect benefits for people in the Medicare program.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Meaning reimburstments to insurance companies,hospitals, and other providers will increase the cost followed by laying off firing of doctors,nurses to make up the difference of that revenue shortfall,.

which effect the end user.

Lied about what?

edit on 8-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal.

The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Anyone have degrees from Princeton?

You don't need a degree from Princeton to spot this BS..

See what the Weekly Standard left out? Compare qoutes...

I analyze the Romney proposal taking into account the additional income that might be generated by economic growth.

The main conclusion is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on high-income individuals about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

gregmankiw.blogspot.com...

Romney's plan MIGHT work...as long as we rocket to 5% growth in GDP year over year...just cuz he is in the Whitehouse....

Magic Fairy Dust...that every economist worth thier salt appropriately laughs at.

Why not just say 20% GDP growth??? Great way to make BS plans work!

top topics

join