It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Re-establishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Which country has what it takes to have some people survive a nuclear war just to re-establish a civilization on their destroyed turf?

I'm going with USA.

What are you going with?

You see, these superpower countries have got to be preparing for the aftermath to a war. It's just a question of which one has the best plans in store to make for a great aftermath???

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
USA and Russia, and some others.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Agree with above two.

Perhaps parts of Australia too.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'd suggest Russia are probably better prepared than even the U.S, having built more shelters designed for large swathes of civilians. That's if you believe all the reports relating to this.

However, the U.S are in a good position I would imagine, think Denver International Airport?

The U.K is a joke, but to be fair, I'm not sure I'd want to survive a Nuclear Holocaust!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The US would survive, but not in the current form (centralized government, large population centres, etc). Government would be local and state based, much like it was in the 18th century. The large cities would most likely be destroyed and uninhabitable.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I say the countries that aren't superpowers will be sitting in the catbird seat, not being a target will help.

I think Brazil will be sitting pretty.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Norway might be a safe bet

I am a Norwegian politician. I would like to say that difficult things will happen from the year 2008 till the year 2012. The Norwegian government is building more and more underground bases and bunkers. When asked, they simply say that it is for the protection of the people of Norway. When I enquire when they are due to be finished, they reply “before 2011”.

Source

And yes on the off note this is true.
It sounds plausible

edit on 8-10-2012 by Donice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If I had to live through that, I think I would rather be in a third world country, where the old ways of doing things remain, ie. blacksmith, carpenter that cut's there own trees, ect. US, and the other major developed powers will spend too much time and resources telling everybody who's in charge.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I say the countries that aren't superpowers will be sitting in the catbird seat, not being a target will help.

I think Brazil will be sitting pretty.

That's for sure! I live in Brasil, and the shelter I have prepared for me and my family, can resist for years. Plenty of water, food and its more than 30 feet underground. Its an old dam(deactivated) that I turned into a big bunker. It can hold up to 50 people comfortably.

top topics

join