It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans saw the future with the help of Aliens?? Bring your minds along for the ride!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Please provide something to substantiate your claim.

So far zero has been offered.

The Mayans were a stone age civilization.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Deny ignorace.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the Dogon did know about Sirius B until they were told about Sirius B.

There is no evidence that any ancient society knew more than we do about the heavens.

There are those that blindly repeat the claim when the overwhelming evidence says they are wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You can defer to who you see fit, and I will do the same. Its that simple and I think it is pointless to debate your opinion against mine. Your source against mine and so on.

There is a difference between opinion and fact. You present your opinion. XCalibur254 and I present fact.

There is ample reason to believe that Christianity borrowed from other religions. The flood story is an example. The virgin birth another.

The Mayans were astrologers. They might be called masters. So what. Astrology is not a science.

Not all stories are derived from the stars.

We can all have an opinion but none of us truly know the facts. Scholars can be your source to form an opinion... but it is still an opinion from another opinion that did not live in the time period.

Deny ignorance. Learn why this is false.

A scholar cannot tell me anything the Mayan has not told me.

There are no living ancient Mayans. Thus they told you nothing.

NO ONE KNOWS what, if anything, will happen when we begin a new cycle. The ONLY thing I have concluded is this cycle will be better than the last. I hope my opinion is correct. lol

Deny ignorance. Learn why this is false.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Sirius is depicted in the Bible although uses another word.... Mazzoroth.

This is probably wrong. Mazzoroth is unclear although it is believed to refer to a constellation, not a star. In fact, the constellation is believed to be one of the zodiac and Sirius is not in a constellation in the zodiac.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I was watching a video yesterday which seems to confirm Sirius in the Koran also. The two verses where it is mentioned add up to the orbit of Sirius B.

(Surat An Najm: verse 9) He was two bow lengths away or even closer

(Surat An Najm: verse 49) it is he who is the lord of Sirius.

If you take the two verse numbers and put them together you get 499. 49.9 is the amount of years it takes Sirius B to complete one orbit around Sirius.

Might not be entirely correct but it still makes me wonder about the ancients.
edit on 18-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

There are no living ancient Mayans.
reply to post by stereologist

I asked you nicely not to reply and not only did you reply with more blown up ego, you even replied for someone else.

Obviously the Maya who live today are not ancient!!

The rest of your facts are still opinion no matter what you want to call them. For my one fact you have another claiming something else and vice versa. Why argue that fact?

You have offered nothing to back up your claims either. I don't feel the need to link when all you have to do is research. Your claims are pointless to me as you are one person and I have talked to someone who is close to not only Maya but Aztec and Sioux as well. She has hand made jewelry and lots of stories to collaborate what she was taught.

Before science there was philosophy, astrology, and cosmology. Science has chosen its own politcal movement whereas they want to silence the other "sciences" and thats fine.... but when this changes, don't be surprised. Science alone cannot figure out the world around us on their own.

The ancients were very aware.... much more aware than we are today about the cosmos.

We in modern times are playing catch up.... not only that we have lost all respect for humanity and the cosmos including but not limited to, the Earth.

In modern times we have the intelligence to look at all the past information from the ancients and decipher how they connect, if they do at all to other parts of the world in the same era/age.

The fact is the ancient ones knew the cycles from the cosmos.

The fact is Mayans still live to this day!!!!!! Most cannot speak English, you should know this! There are at least 7 million and most have held onto their ancient culture heritage.

Biblical times, the days of Jesus are ancient. The Hebrews were also aware of the cosmos...much more so than we are today. We are lost and confused because our culture no matter where you live is and was derived from the stars. People today are clueless when they read stories because they want to take them literal instead of metaphorically involving the stars and heavens.

You can believe whatever you want. I am not going to argue opinions with you stereo....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

We are becoming more aware.... thats for sure.

YES! Sirius is very much mentioned in the Koran and many other ancient texts including but not limited to the Bible. Language barriers is the reason why we may not have noticed it before. Sirius has been depicted throughout the ages.... as it should have been.

Ancients had the cosmos and its cycles down to the "T" and held the heavens sacred! They loved our Planet and held onto their communities as tightly as they could. The Pyramids were definitely related to the power of the heavens.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

One thing that the guy in the video said caught my attention. He mentions that Sirius his heading towards the Earth. Was I just hearing things or is that correct?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MamaJ

Sirius is depicted in the Bible although uses another word.... Mazzoroth.

This is probably wrong. Mazzoroth is unclear although it is believed to refer to a constellation, not a star. In fact, the constellation is believed to be one of the zodiac and Sirius is not in a constellation in the zodiac.

You are wasting your time and continue to show your lack of study and understanding.

www.usbible.com...

Jesus says he is with us until the "end of the age". Stars were very important story tellers and guess what, they still tell a story.

As to the meaning of Mazzaroth or Mazzaloth .... opinions differ however one can have their own opinion but there is no doubt the ancients used the stars to guide and tell stories and the stories about Sirius are written for anyone to see.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by MamaJ

One thing that the guy in the video said caught my attention. He mentions that Sirius his heading towards the Earth. Was I just hearing things or is that correct?

I will check out the video. My internet is driving me crazy this morning.... brb.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am not so sure how close Sirius will have to be in order to effect us, however the ancients connect it to the Nile flooding and weather being effected. Who knows.... lol.... I sure don't.

This is a thread I was reviewing and have found a lot of good reading and videos within it. The sign wave seems to be a major theme right now.

Check it out. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would expect if anything comes of anything.. there is so much hype right now.... that our weather will get worse, fireballs may get worse and so on. If the energy that comes into our atmosphere is more radical and energetic then there is no telling what the people/planet will experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hey thanks for the link, apart from the Elenin/Nibiru stuff in the second video, that guy is awesome.. Certainly be taking a look at his other videos..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

There is a difference between fact and opinion. I have provided facts about the state of the Mayan civilization. They were a stone age civilization that was not as advanced as our modern society in any way. They lacked the astronomical sophistication and mathematical sophistication we have today. Future peoples will continue to advance their knowledge of the world and the universe.

Stating that someone heritage matters is simply a racist comment.

The ancients were no more aware of the cosmos than we are today. In fact, they knew very little about the cosmos compared to today. Even young children know about more planets, asteroids, comets, meteorites than a Mayan could have known.

One of the strange fantasies that exists today is that ancient peoples were more in tune with the Earth and respected the Earth and were not wasteful. Ancient man was as greedy and wasteful as we are today. The evidence from animal jumps around the world shows that many more animals were killed than could be eaten. Huge fires were set to clear more land than what was needed. The forests of many lands are gone due to their destruction a long time ago. Poor agricultural practices doomed many societies.

It is a fact that ancient societies knew about the cycles such as the seasons. Pretty hard to miss that. Being able to construct a calendar was a little trickier and was successfully done in many places.

Many Mayans live today and they may not speak English. Big deal. They live in a country using Spanish and they speak Spanish.

Again, the ancients were much less aware of the cosmos than we are today. We know that because they left records. Those records show us that they did not know about galaxies. Do you know anyone today that does not know about galaxies, or the moons of Saturn, or asteroids? The ancients did not know this. People today do.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nothing you provided connects Sirius to Mazzoroth. The context of Mazzoroth suggests it is not a star.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

OKAY!!! You have said "stone age" either civilization or society 6 EFFING times in the last 2 pages, which is about 8 or 9 posts from you!!

stone age civilization

stone age society

stone age civilization

stone age civilization

stone age society

stone age society

WE GET IT!!! The freaking Mayans were "STONE AGE" whatevers......

Can you start offering an opinion toward the OP instead of your "STONE AGE" fight with MamaJ???

She has said nothing against what you are saying here, just offering her opinion on the matter...

Thank You.....

edit on 10/19/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

What if aliens ACTUALLY took some of the Mayans to outer space and showed them a catastrophic event that is happening over 5,000 light years away from us??

The demise of humankind, IMO, is no more catastrophic than the dying star...
From a human perspective it may seem so, but if anything we are here to learn, not to last forever.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There is zero evidence that the Mayans knew about anything that they could not figure out without the unaided eye as far as astronomy goes. There is no hint that they knew something we do not know about today.

I have already showed that the images in the OP have been severely misrepresented. If you missed that then maybe you can read the thread and find that information.

The OP simply has no supporting evidence and may be based on falsehoods posted on the internet.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It probably needs to be pointed out that the Mayans did provide any predictions or prophecies associated with the end of the baktun. To suggest any significance to the date is unwarranted. The claims about the end of the long count are modern new age stories from the 1980s onward.

Don't you think that the Mayans would have mentioned something if there were anything to mention?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

There is zero evidence that the Mayans knew about anything that they could not figure out without the unaided eye as far as astronomy goes. There is no hint that they knew something we do not know about today.

I have already showed that the images in the OP have been severely misrepresented. If you missed that then maybe you can read the thread and find that information.

The OP simply has no supporting evidence and may be based on falsehoods posted on the internet.

EXACTLY!!! Finally you are READING and responding to the OP......THANK YOU!!!

If you would read back yourself, I clearly - CLEARLY - state that I have absolutely no evidence at all, just pictures to identify what I am talking about with past people talking about UFO's......Whether the pictures are true or not are NOT the point.....

Please read before trying to blast someone, because you just FAILED miserably......

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well since MamaJ ignored you and you didn't go away, I will play....

The reason I stated what I did was I thought that the Mayans WERE actually trying to tell us something!!

The traditional calendar talks about 2012 being the end date where the basis of this topic.......I know, I know, the Mayans were stone age and knew nothing......But what if they did and were trying to tell us??

People like yourself who are blatently ignorant to not only trying to understand someone else, but respond to them about the topic are the reason why things like this could have been missed.....

Please read through the thread at my posts if you really care, if not, go ahead and continue to try and blast me over something you are clearly not understanding

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join