Mayans saw the future with the help of Aliens?? Bring your minds along for the ride!!

page: 4
15
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
 


Once again it seems to be using 13.0.0.0.0 as a general future date. It is referring how long a royal bloodline will last. It has nothing to do with the End of the World. It also doesn't mention Bolon Yokte, the god mentioned on Tortuguero Monument 6. The two have nothing in common other than the date and in both cases it seems to referencing a general date far in the future.




posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by MamaJ
 



I honestly think the Maya were advanced scientifically/astronomically than we are today. They knew so much.... its obvious.


I know I ask this every time someone makes this claim but I'll go ahead and ask again. If the Maya were more astronomically knowledgeable than us why did they think a year was an even 365 days?


Why are you asking me? Ask one.... let me know what they say.

I may assume though that in their time it was an even 365 days however I have never heard one claim such. Have you? What Mayan's do you talk with? Maybe it had more to do with Venus than anything.... don't know.

Im actually hoping to meet one soon because my client knows several and one of them is coming into town to visit her soon.



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MamaJ
 



I honestly think the Maya were advanced scientifically/astronomically than we are today. They knew so much.... its obvious.

I am curious why you think this is so. They did not smelt metals. They did not know about planets other than the unaided eye planets. They did not know about the structure of the universe. They did not develop calculus. They did not develop chemistry. They did not know about microscopic organisms. They did not develop the wheel as a tool. The Mayans were a stone age civilization.


Could the Earth give birth to a new Sun/Son?

No. There is insufficient matter to form a star. Even Jupiter is too small by a factor of 13 or more. There is no means of accelerating matter to escape velocity either.



Keep your opinion.... I don't care what you think or believe.


Who do you know that tells you all these "facts"? How many of the Maya do you know who fill you in on the "facts"? Curious.....



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


MamaJ......Make sure to let us know what the Mayan you meet has to say!! Start a thread for sure, but please add it in here as I will be really interested in what, if any, opinion they have on this matter are!!

Thanks for the input!!



posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by MamaJ
 


MamaJ......Make sure to let us know what the Mayan you meet has to say!! Start a thread for sure, but please add it in here as I will be really interested in what, if any, opinion they have on this matter are!!

Thanks for the input!!


My client knows a lot of Natives... she even knows some Aztecs and the other one that starts with an S.... what are they called... Suie? Something like that
I just looked it up... it's Sioux.

She is elderly and has traveled the world and met some great friends along the way. I LOVE this woman... and her stories.

From what I understand... a lot has been lost over the years in regards to information that has been passed down from generation to generation. I won't say all that she has told me... as she is not Maya. When her friend comes in town I will be sure to ask plenty of questions. When her husband was sick and terminal with cancer he would come and help often. He even did medicine type rituals with him. She has some really neat stories to tell. Obviously she is my favorite client.


I will say, she told me today while we were talking that there is so much mis/dis- information out on the web and not to take any of it to heart. Its peoples assumptions they are promoting without "facts". She said anytime someone offers you info on the Maya be sure and ask them WHO told them because if they are getting their information from a person who is not Maya.... it may very well be false information and there is enough of that going around.

ETA: IF (big IF) we live in a Binary System..... this may be what the Maya KNEW that we don't. That could explain the 365 year. "Golden Age" may signify this "time" in more ways than we are even thinking. Who knows.. I sure don't.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This video may explain what I cant as time is limited. THIS video may coincide with what not only Plato knew but the Maya as well. Religion came about over two thousand years ago, of which TRIED to replace the Philosophy of Science. This is why I believe the Maya KNEW so much more. I will always stick to that and not buy the "stone age" trap. There is a KNOWING in philosophy called Nous.

edit on 17-10-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 



Keep your opinion.... I don't care what you think or believe.

It's not opinion. It's fact. The Mayans were a stone age society. Their math and astronomy was far inferior to ours.


Who do you know that tells you all these "facts"? How many of the Maya do you know who fill you in on the "facts"? Curious.....

To think that you need to talk to Mayans to learn about ancient Mayans borders on racism.

A person's heritage does not count when it comes to studying a field.

The Mayans were a stone age society. That's a fact.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 



I will say, she told me today while we were talking that there is so much mis/dis- information out on the web and not to take any of it to heart. Its peoples assumptions they are promoting without "facts". She said anytime someone offers you info on the Maya be sure and ask them WHO told them because if they are getting their information from a person who is not Maya.... it may very well be false information and there is enough of that going around.

It is important to determine the source of information. A person's heritage has no value in determining the correctness of information. Mayan descendants have no special insight into the ancient Mayans.


IF (big IF) we live in a Binary System..... this may be what the Maya KNEW that we don't.

The Mayans do not report anything of this nature. In fact, the ancient Mayans never understood why their astronomical records were off after a few decades. It was due to axial precession. The Mayans, like others at that time, did unaided eye astronomy. They didn't know about planets such as Uranus or Neptune, which require a telescope to observe.


This video may explain what I cant as time is limited. THIS video may coincide with what not only Plato knew but the Maya as well. Religion came about over two thousand years ago, of which TRIED to replace the Philosophy of Science. This is why I believe the Maya KNEW so much more. I will always stick to that and not buy the "stone age" trap. There is a KNOWING in philosophy called Nous.

The records left by the Mayans and the artifacts left behind make it very clear that you are wrong. Religion is much older than 2000 years. It appears to be tens of thousands of years old. Science is a modern idea that is only hundreds of years old.

The Mayans were a stone age society.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
 


You are so blinded by your own ignorance it is beyond me at this time to even debate with you. We are so far apart in opinions we will never meet in the middle. Religion and Philosophy is different in my view as I believe it should be and by reading your reply I can tell you are opposite of me... completely opposite as a matter of fact. Why you would think you know more than the maya them self is beyond me to figure out and don't want to.

Your "fact" is yours.... keep them and nurture them all you want but I disagree totally. Thats all I have to say about that.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


People that think that a person's heritage provides them with special insight into their history are by definition racists. The only people that have a sound understanding of ancient Mayan civilization are those that study that subject. Some may be from Europe. Some may be from North America. Some may have Mayan ancestry. Origin of the person and heritage have no bearing on the matter.

The fact is that the ancient Mayan had a stone age civilization. Their technology was based on stone tools. That by definition is a stone age civilization.

There is no evidence at all that the Mayans were advanced in any field compared to modern peoples. That applies to all civilizations of the same time period and before.

There are those that successfully beguile others with nonsense tales based on lies that there was some sort of ancient knowledge long lost. There are baloney stories of ancients understanding the universe. The ancients had no idea what stars were. The ancients did not even know about Uranus and Neptune. The ancients did not know about the moons of other planets. The ancients did not know about asteroids. The ancients did not understand what a comet is.

When it comes to math I suppose the only reason that people might think that the ancients were so advanced is that most people never learn math beyond a level known to the Sumerians. Even a college refresher on algebra is on material known by the time of the Greeks. You have to take a calculus course to do learn math developed in the 1700s. The ancients did not have math like we have today.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I never thought this before . Thank you OP .



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


The thing is when it comes to 2012 researchers are primarily going to be looking at the Classic Period. It's just a simple fact that modern Maya do not have the same beliefs as Classic Period Maya. The two major documents that have shaped post-Classic Maya beliefs are the Popol Vuh and the books of Chilam Balam. The writing of both of these documents were overseen by Christian missionaries. There's also the facts that the Long Count is pretty much unused today and the Calendar Round is really only used by Mayans in the Guatemalan highlands.

This is why a modern Maya is really no more of an expert on Classic Period Maya than your average layman. This is why we must defer to experts and scholars.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
 


Let's examine the images posted by the OP. What do they show?

We know that the images shown by the paintings are rather recent images.

The first image shows a person below a cliff looking up. The painting is called "Madonna and Child with the infant St. John". It shows the Madonna holding a child in the foreground. If you look closely you see that the person in the background has a dog in front of them. Find a better image of the painting online and look at the stars on the left side of the painting. The 3 odd stars below the main star represent the 3 parts of the virgin birth: before, during, and after. How do people know this? Because it was used in painting for over a century. The object which some people misrepresent as a UFO is also a symbol that was in use for a long time. It represents the announcement to the shepherds. Should you ask a person from the time period what is in the painting they will tell you the announcement to the shepherds. Ask a person unfamiliar with the symbolism of the paintings and you get a wacky guess based on ignorance.

The next painting down shows the baptism of Christ. In fact that is the name of the painting. When you read the biblical passages of this event it mentions a dove. See that bright spot in the middle of the disk? It's a dove. This is simply the painter showing us what is in the bible.

Next is a round piece of metal. Is it a coin? NO. It is what is known as a jeton. Jetons often showed mythological references. The nature of the reference is not certain in this case, but is believed to be the shield that Jupiter sent to the king of Rome. Metal shields of the time period of this jeton were often reinforced with studs along the edge. This image of a round object in the sky is known to be Jupiter's shield on other jetons, but not necessarily that shield for the jeton being shown.

I'll skip past the Egyptian carving which is also not a UFO image.
en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
interseting post op, i agree that we can only use our minds based on what we already know. We could have the power to levitate objects and do crazy stuff like that, if only we could be taught or unlocked somehow.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
 


Let's examine the images posted by the OP. What do they show?

We know that the images shown by the paintings are rather recent images.

The first image shows a person below a cliff looking up. The painting is called "Madonna and Child with the infant St. John". It shows the Madonna holding a child in the foreground. If you look closely you see that the person in the background has a dog in front of them. Find a better image of the painting online and look at the stars on the left side of the painting. The 3 odd stars below the main star represent the 3 parts of the virgin birth: before, during, and after. How do people know this? Because it was used in painting for over a century. The object which some people misrepresent as a UFO is also a symbol that was in use for a long time. It represents the announcement to the shepherds. Should you ask a person from the time period what is in the painting they will tell you the announcement to the shepherds. Ask a person unfamiliar with the symbolism of the paintings and you get a wacky guess based on ignorance.

The next painting down shows the baptism of Christ. In fact that is the name of the painting. When you read the biblical passages of this event it mentions a dove. See that bright spot in the middle of the disk? It's a dove. This is simply the painter showing us what is in the bible.

Next is a round piece of metal. Is it a coin? NO. It is what is known as a jeton. Jetons often showed mythological references. The nature of the reference is not certain in this case, but is believed to be the shield that Jupiter sent to the king of Rome. Metal shields of the time period of this jeton were often reinforced with studs along the edge. This image of a round object in the sky is known to be Jupiter's shield on other jetons, but not necessarily that shield for the jeton being shown.

I'll skip past the Egyptian carving which is also not a UFO image.
en.wikipedia.org...


Keep in mind the objects depict what they saw as best as they could, however were labeled using terms and expressions they were familiar with at that time. Its the same thing as flying saucer, many years from now they will laugh and scoff at that term. "A flying saucer, what the hecks a flying saucer? A flying plate? Those 21st century fools, they would refer to our plasma time warp benders as flying saucers"

I respect everyones point of view here, so im curious as to what your take is on the Nuremberg UFO battle pic


edit on 10/18/2012 by H34T533K3R because: forgot to add



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
 


It has too be said that there are some things that don't add up when it comes to the Ancients and not just the Mayans. What about the Dogon tribe who apparently knew about (is it Sirius B or C) long before any modern astronomy recognised it.

Unless that System came unusually close to our Solar system, you would think that they wouldn't have any way of knowing those sorts of things without ET intervention.
edit on 18-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by H34T533K3R
 


None of the scenes depict something the artist saw. They depict events that the artist could not possibly have seen since the people in their are supposed to have lived millennia earlier. The anachronistic clothing and the symbolism are connected to the artist.

The painter did not see this as a real object in the sky. This is what the artist uses to represent the apparition to the shepherds. Other paintings use other images to represent the same thing.

What we really have here is not UFOs, but rather modern people with no appreciation of the context of the artwork making up stories which are clearly wrong.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy
 



It has too be said that there are some things that don't add up when it comes to the Ancients and not just the Mayans. What about the Dogon tribe who apparently knew about (is it Sirius B or C) long before any modern astronomy recognised it.

The Dogon were not aware of a companion star until they were told of it in the 1930s. The image often used to show Sirius B is incomplete. The 'X' is not alone. There are other symbols, 7 more I believe, that are often removed by people pushing the false claim that the Dogon knew about Sirius B before being told my missionaries about the companion star.

Even beyond this no-go situation for the claim is the celestial dynamics of the system. The companion star B is only 1AU from Sirius A. That pretty much eliminates any stable planets in the system that are not cooked.

A really strange issue for those supporting the claim of the Dogon knowing about Sirius B is to explain how 2 anthropologists in the 1930s made no mention of this. Their reports exist today and they did not mention the Dogon knowing about Sirius B.


Unless that System came unusually close to our Solar system, you would think that they wouldn't have any way of knowing those sorts of things without ET intervention.

Usually, the simplest answer is that they did not know without being told.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MamaJ
 


People that think that a person's heritage provides them with special insight into their history are by definition racists. The only people that have a sound understanding of ancient Mayan civilization are those that study that subject. Some may be from Europe. Some may be from North America. Some may have Mayan ancestry. Origin of the person and heritage have no bearing on the matter.

The fact is that the ancient Mayan had a stone age civilization. Their technology was based on stone tools. That by definition is a stone age civilization.

There is no evidence at all that the Mayans were advanced in any field compared to modern peoples. That applies to all civilizations of the same time period and before.

There are those that successfully beguile others with nonsense tales based on lies that there was some sort of ancient knowledge long lost. There are baloney stories of ancients understanding the universe. The ancients had no idea what stars were. The ancients did not even know about Uranus and Neptune. The ancients did not know about the moons of other planets. The ancients did not know about asteroids. The ancients did not understand what a comet is.

When it comes to math I suppose the only reason that people might think that the ancients were so advanced is that most people never learn math beyond a level known to the Sumerians. Even a college refresher on algebra is on material known by the time of the Greeks. You have to take a calculus course to do learn math developed in the 1700s. The ancients did not have math like we have today.


All I can say is deny ignorance.
Don't reply... its pointless.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by MamaJ
 


The thing is when it comes to 2012 researchers are primarily going to be looking at the Classic Period. It's just a simple fact that modern Maya do not have the same beliefs as Classic Period Maya. The two major documents that have shaped post-Classic Maya beliefs are the Popol Vuh and the books of Chilam Balam. The writing of both of these documents were overseen by Christian missionaries. There's also the facts that the Long Count is pretty much unused today and the Calendar Round is really only used by Mayans in the Guatemalan highlands.

This is why a modern Maya is really no more of an expert on Classic Period Maya than your average layman. This is why we must defer to experts and scholars.


You can defer to who you see fit, and I will do the same. Its that simple and I think it is pointless to debate your opinion against mine. Your source against mine and so on.

It is my opinion that Christianity hijacked a lot of stuff....

It is my opinion that the Maya were masters with Astrology.

It is my opinion they were not the only masters of the stars.

It is also my opinion the story telling myths we still hear of today are derived from the stars (astrology).

This "golden age" we are coming into has NOTHING to do with an alignment or a "calendar" per say..... in my opinion.

We can all have an opinion but none of us truly know the facts. Scholars can be your source to form an opinion... but it is still an opinion from another opinion that did not live in the time period.

A scholar cannot tell me anything the Mayan has not told me. Our culture surrounds the stars. Its evident today as it was many hundreds of years ago.

NO ONE KNOWS what, if anything, will happen when we begin a new cycle. The ONLY thing I have concluded is this cycle will be better than the last. I hope my opinion is correct. lol



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by stereologist
 


It has too be said that there are some things that don't add up when it comes to the Ancients and not just the Mayans. What about the Dogon tribe who apparently knew about (is it Sirius B or C) long before any modern astronomy recognised it.

Unless that System came unusually close to our Solar system, you would think that they wouldn't have any way of knowing those sorts of things without ET intervention.
edit on 18-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)


Check this out... its a good read.

www.harrypotterforseekers.com...

Sirius is depicted in the Bible although uses another word.... Mazzoroth.

How could the ancients NOT KNOW!?? They knew much more than some give them credit for!





top topics
 
15
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join