It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it too soon to re-arm Iraq.. We arm them we disarm them we harm them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What country sold arms to Iraq? During the Iran/Iraq war.

"A 1994 investigation by the Senate Banking Committee revealed dozens of biological agents were shipped to Iraq in the mid-1980s under licence from the US Commerce Department , including various strains of anthrax. Anthrax has been identified by the Pentagon as a key component of Saddam's biological weapons programme."

Now the US is re-arming Iraq

Could it be a little too soon to be re-arming Iraq? It didn't work out well last time. I am astounded by the ignorance and short term memory of people.

www.independent.ie...

We arm them.. we disarm them.. we harm them.. it's almost like the US government is run my defense contractors.

I suppose it is good for business, as a business model we could compare it to a cash cow. Business is slow lets arm Iraq! People won't remember they are blinded by ignorance (the other word for Patriotism.)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It is a game to these people you have to have a enemy. Think about all the money the weapons makers selling to each side we give them weapons then we have to buy more weapons to counter what we gave to them. Seems I read something about that might have had a date for the title But see your not to think on such things. Don't worry there will shortly be some one knocking on your door. (there to help you) TIM

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm shocked anyone would ask as if it's up to us whether they are re-armed and rebuilt militarily? If they don't rebuild themselves, well, we've left and 911 doesn't ring to a U.S. General with thousands of troops anymore. It rings to Baghdad Bob and his Iraqi Cops and Security Services.

Thats a BAD BAD neighborhood they live in, historically. Weakness isn't tolerated, it's removed by blood. If they remain weak for long, they won't remain for long..period. Neighbors and the Kurds will see to that eventually.

So the question really is just this... Do WE want to get back into the cycle of playing arms dealer for all the political nightmare that comes with it there..and led to this all in the first place? Or more importantly perhaps...Have we ever stopped or even slowed down? (eyes the staggeringly advanced and high tech toys of the Saudi's...with Made-in-USA on them all)

join