It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nova Scotia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Nova Scotia(NS) is my home province in Canada. It's an amazing place. In fact this thread could go in any number of forums. I thought Travel would be best. Here's thw Wiki on NS:

Nova Scotia (pronounced /ˌnoʊvə ˈskoʊʃə/; French: Nouvelle-Écosse; Scottish Gaelic: Alba Nuadh)[3] is one of Canada's three Maritime provinces and is the most populous province of the four in Atlantic Canada. Located almost exactly halfway between the Equator and the North Pole (44º 39' N Longitude), its provincial capital is Halifax. Nova Scotia is the second-smallest province in Canada, with an area of 55,284 square kilometres (21,300 sq mi), including Cape Breton and some 3,800 coastal islands. As of 2011, the population was 921,727,[1] making Nova Scotia the second-most-densely populated province in Canada.

en.wikipedia.org...

That doesn't tell a tenth of the province though. So diverse. Metro Halifax is as cosmopolitan as any city in the country that isn't Montreal or Vancouver. EVERYTHING is there. Culture. Food. History. Excellent people. Once you get outside of Metro you have SO much.

The Annapolis Valley:

In spring:

Cape Breton:

The South Shore:

Liverpool. huge pic. Had to use the link. Load of history in Liverpool. Where April Wine is really from. People think Halifax. Nope.

NS. Home of Anne Murray:

Ok, enough of that. NS rocks. The Trews:

Cultural(regional) tunes. The Rankins:

I actually went to Acadia U with Cookie and Heather.

There's also Maclean and Maclean. Funny as hell but not T&C compliant.

What about history? Annapolis Royal. Louisbourg. Liverpool already noted. Did I mention that black rights, women's rights were first implemented in NS? No problem with gays either. Scott Brison MP.

Food? Seafood obviously. The best. Also I haven't had a decent pizza since I was home last. Man, I kill for a good donair.

The folks here in Ontario that haven't been down home I tell them all the same thing. "Don't go. You won't want to come back." I'm only scratching the surface here. Damn I miss home.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm in Ontario, but I went to Halifax about 5 yrs. ago. Spent a week there, I loved it. Fort George was incredible, and the people! So welcoming. The various pubs there in downtown Halifax... Wish I could have stayed a while longer. Just an amazing place. Love the place. Would go back if ever given the chance.

PS - took the Kieths tour. I would recommend it to anyone.
edit on 10/8/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Home of the Keith's.

I can't say I have ill-will against that beautiful province.

I bet you do miss home Intrepid, hell I Lived away from the Maritimes for 10 years and just could not do it anymore, I had to come home to the clean air and friendly folks.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hey, I'm from NS too! Donairs rule! (And hodge-podge, at the right time of year.) Better still: woods and ocean!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
WOW! Gorgeous. Wish I could visit.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Nova Scotia is the second-smallest province in Canada, with an area of 55,284 square kilometres (21,300 sq mi), including Cape Breton and some 3,800 coastal islands. As of 2011, the population was 921,727,[1] making Nova Scotia the second-most-densely populated province in Canada.

The Annapolis Valley:

Sounds and looks to good to be true Intrepid. Simply beautiful.

Think I'll take one of the islands.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The folks here in Ontario that haven't been down home I tell them all the same thing. "Don't go. You won't want to come back." I'm only scratching the surface here. Damn I miss home.

AGREED. Went back once, and felt like I couldn't BREATHE. Sitting here thinking about running out to get a donair.

top topics

join