It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So WW3 Is Going To Be Over Who Has The Right To Nuke Or Not Nuke?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by laserjeff

I feel that no one has the right to use a nuclear weapon... Even if Iran used one against my home soil in USA, I wouldn't want to see a retaliatory nuke strike against them. At the end of the day, we ALL lose if one country/Govt. launches a nuclear weapon... There is never an excuse good enough to use a nuclear weapon today, especially with all the knowledge and understanding we have since we bombed Japan in 1945.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Fighting over nukes will only get someone nuked... Get rid of them all, cut the BS and we can all live happily ever after. The Powerhouses need to bite the bullet, set the standard for the globe and then start pointing fingers at everyone else..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is a little off topic but a question I've always asked myself.

How much validity is there in the stated fact that a nuclear war in the middle east would "end life as we know it"? I mean, there are obvious negative effects of nuclear devices going off; radiation, atmospheric disturbances (ie nuclear winter) and last but not least the human death toll.

Only reason I question it is due to the fact everyone was collectively crapping their pants over the fukushima disaster, so far tho, it's status quo. I would also like to point out I'm aware that the cumulative effects of fukushima have not been taken into account since it only happened a year and a half ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
This is a little off topic but a question I've always asked myself.

How much validity is there in the stated fact that a nuclear war in the middle east would "end life as we know it"? I mean, there are obvious negative effects of nuclear devices going off; radiation, atmospheric disturbances (ie nuclear winter) and last but not least the human death toll.

Only reason I question it is due to the fact everyone was collectively crapping their pants over the fukushima disaster, so far tho, it's status quo. I would also like to point out I'm aware that the cumulative effects of fukushima have not been taken into account since it only happened a year and a half ago.

Yes well lets say Israel nukes Iran, Russia invades Iran to get the oil before usa and someone drops another nuke to win the argument in Iran, then it escalates

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
There shouldn't be nuclear weapons period.

There was a great game by Sid Meir in which you could develop a nano tech that would eat each and every nuclear weapon on the face of the planet. I wish something like that would happen.

But, the sad fact of the matter is, the world would be far less peaceful if there were no nuclear weapons, but no less devastating with the power of the firearms and artillery these days.

You see, there has to be an incentive to peace. The leaders do not care about the civilian populace, they only care about their interests. When there's no incentive, it's war because "you'd be give me what I want or else".

The leaders of this world are all spoiled children arguing over a piece of candy, and if they can't get the candy they will hit the person who has it.
edit on 9-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

Some nukes are needed to stop asteroids, its the only thing with the pushing/destructive power

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Who exactly would a world army fight

Surely if it ever got to a stage where we had a world army it would be redundant

I agree. Who would they fight? If there is nothing to defend against, what would be the point?

Exactly, no war

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by laserjeff

I feel that no one has the right to use a nuclear weapon... Even if Iran used one against my home soil in USA, I wouldn't want to see a retaliatory nuke strike against them. At the end of the day, we ALL lose if one country/Govt. launches a nuclear weapon... There is never an excuse good enough to use a nuclear weapon today, especially with all the knowledge and understanding we have since we bombed Japan in 1945.

Agreed, they are good for Asteroids but you dont need many for that

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by jhn7537

Fighting over nukes will only get someone nuked... Get rid of them all, cut the BS and we can all live happily ever after. The Powerhouses need to bite the bullet, set the standard for the globe and then start pointing fingers at everyone else..

Biting bullets isnt the answer, they need to know what it is to be a real human, for example survival of the fittest is for animals, they need to know that, its a spirit thing not body, they just re-incarnate worse

edit on 9-10-2012 by laserjeff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join