It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI has posted a surveillance van in our neighborhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Didn't see a I'm paranoid forum so I stuck it here.
Today I was helping my super elderly mom download free books for her Kindle. She doesn't have wireless so we stood outside to try and get mine from across the street.
One of the options for her to try and connect to was : FBI Surveillance Van

We went driving around the neighborhood and about 1/2 a block down was a large SUV with blackened windows (even the driver and front passenger windows). The windshield had a silver reflective sun blocker covering the front window. It was an old SUV with a wood tray under the car to apparently catch oil.
That was the only vehicle that could possibly be one.

Hmmmmm, is someone playing a joke with their wireless?

Mom forwards lots of anti-current government, president emails to her friends and gets a lot of them. They aren't dangerous, just sometimes kinda wild in their accusations. A bunch of super old people loving the far far right silly stuff.

Me, I post to ATS, not daily, but kinda often. I too am no fan of the current government, big government, non-constitutional actions by our government, the current anti-constitutional attitude of our current government. I also kinda often post on and create polls on another website.

Mom said, "Are they watching us?" I said, "probably"
and she went "pfffttt and waved me off".

Wooo ohhhhh ooooo ooooo

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Did you get a picture for us to see here on ATS?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Did you get a picture for us to see here on ATS?

If you drive by again for a pic, get the plate too. We can do a plate number search on it.

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

How can you actually prove it is FBI?

To me it just sounds like undercover investigators...not FBI. Could also be a sting operation for a potential drug bust.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Do you honestly think the FBI is dumb enough to name their wireless access point "FBI Surveillance Van"? Come on, you must have some logic...

Someone is pulling your leg, mate.
edit on 10/8/2012 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Pretty sure someone is just being funny. Kinda like this one right here:

(contains "n-word")

I'd take a screenshot and let it spread around like the above image has.
edit on 8/10/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A wireless network named "FBI Surveillance Van"? Seriously? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say someone is goofing off. There's no way the FBI would A) Use a network that you or anyone else could see or B) call that network FBI Surveillance Van.

That's just too much.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I wonder if the FBI would actually label their wi-fi so blatantly obvious. They could though! I have also when living in apartment complexes picked up weird wi-fi names, when people get bored and make silly names. I've seen, 'The President' and the weirdest was, 'Pamela Anderson's Hot Spot' lol

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Pretty sure someone is just being funny. Kinda like this one right here:

(contains "n-word")

I'd take a screenshot and let it spread around like the above image has.
edit on 8/10/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

Haha that was great!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
...The windshield had a silver reflective sun blocker covering the front window. It was an old SUV with a wood tray under the car to apparently catch oil. ......

You are right...that definitely sounds like an FBI vehicle

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeah there is no posable way they would name their network that if its really them. UNLESS it is reverse psychology and they want them to know they are there? Lol

Unrelated, the other day I was at dennys and they have free WiFi. So I went to connect to it and there was another network called " Denny's spits in your food"

Get us that pic!
edit on 8-10-2012 by OpenSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Probably someone pulling a joke. I totally agree, naming a wifi "FBI Surveillence Van" is kind of a suspicious

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Someone around my sisters way apparently has it named "Pretty fly for a wi-fi".

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

They aren't dangerous, just sometimes kinda wild in their accusations.

Yeah... Totally understandable considering you are mad in your belief the government lies to you.

Oh wait...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You would never know it was an FBI signal if it was theirs, they would name it somthing that any of their people would recognise easily, but not somthing so blatant as "FBI WI-FI", the would call it like " 2wire629" where 6 is F 2 is B and 9 is I, or someother already established protocal.

Also, they don't need to use wifi, they just like local police have satelite net antennas, so regular wifi, that can be cracked any number of easily downloadable scripts would be a giant security no no.

Just try to connect, go to command prompt and type in "ipconfiig" then put the ipaddress in your web browser and hit enter, this will bring up the router, use one of hundreds of code breaker programs to get access then you can see for yourself who it is.

WARNING! In several states this is a felony, also in a couple just accessing somenes wifi without their permission is a felony. So be smart about it, don't do anything you might regret.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You can name your wi-fi networks almost anything. I run a couple of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
LMAO!! I thought my twisted hubby was the only moron that named the wifi something nefarious for kicks.
Ohh man, Im showing him this thread.

Hey OP.. go give the scary types in the van something to gawk at. Get some booze or double up on your meds..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KanBanan

My guess is someone is messing with the name on their wi-fi.

However, we do live in a government research town. Most of the people around town have high security jobs.

I was willing to go along with Mom to try and find the "van".

However, I have to tell you that I once did live in a place where a surveillance van regularly patrolled the streets. They (the security people) were quite clear that everything we said and did was under surveillance. My husband was military and because of his particular job we were not allowed to live anywhere but this idyllic "stepford" town. I know I was listened to there for certain. Several times I was warned by people other than my husband not to talk about _____ to my mother. I only talked to her using my cell phone because our home phones had signs on them saying that everything said on them was listened to. Even our email was required to be dial up and the number was within "stepford", so I knew they read our email regularly. This was not paranoia, this was real and we actually had to sign documents saying we knew they were doing it. There was no crime in "stepford", we never locked our doors, kids could play outside safely and ride bikes to the stores and back safely, even at night. No DUI's, no trouble of any kind, ever. "Stepford" was surrounded by fences that were constantly monitored by armed guards. Guards with live ammo patrolled the area. The kids got used to the weird noises and would laugh at the new kids who would duck and cower at the noises. It was safe, idylic for kids in a wierd sort of way, free rent, free utilities, beautiful environment for the area. However, it was the biggest nightmare I ever lived through, and yes it was in the USA.
But this SUV doesn't look anything like the nightly run through stepford surveillance van I had seen regularly before. That one was a classic cargo type van, but they actually had antennae mounted on it facing both directions. The van never went anywhere except to patrol "stepford" and was parked in our neighborhood in plain sight. This was under Clinton.

Hey, could be why I don't trust the government, huh?! I was told to shut up about things I had seen and knew on more than one occasion and the only way anyone would know I said these things was if they listened to me talk in my home (at least one thing I was reprimanded for I only said to neighbors and not on the phone) or on my phone.

But, this time I don't think it is the case, hmmmmmmmmm.

I did go take a picture but can't figure out how to post it. Tell, me and I'll do it. I clicked on image and it asked for a url.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh, I need to rename mine, that's funny.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was probably in your neighborhood. I have "fbi surveilance van" set as my wifi name on my phone.

Are you freaking serious? This thread has to be a joke

top topics

<<   2 >>

join