Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Typhoid vaccine failure warning

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi All

I believe I have put this in the correct forum, it was a toss-up between this and diseases and pandemics.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The article in the link is regarding a weak strain of Typhoid vaccine given to people since January 2011.

Now I understand there are many different thoughts and opinions when it comes to vaccinations, I have had many vaccinations and feel/seem fit and health so far......I think: D

But this really made me think about the quality control and tests, pharmaceutical company’s give to their drugs.
Is it profit and how quickly they can knock their products out that is important to them or is it customer satisfaction and safety?

Thoughts Please

Manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur MSD has recalled 88% of its stock - 16 batches - of Typhim Vi vaccine because tests found some samples were too weak.
Anyone immunised with the vaccine since January 2011 could be affected.
Officials stress that the vaccine was safe and posed no health threat.
But it could mean as many as 729,606 people who potentially received the affected vaccine are not fully immunised against typhoid/

edit on 8-10-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

Are they saying since they were not 'fully' vaccinated that it actually now makes them more succeptable?

Experts say people should not get revaccinated but should take precautions against typhoid when abroad.

^^ quote from article ^^

I am against vaccines all together, I believe everyone has the right to their own opinion though!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure.
My thinking goes along the lines of;

weak vaccine = lack of correct antibodies

so give'

booster vaccine = replenish/build up antibodies

(anyone from a medical background or knowledge on this subject please correct me if i'm wrong)

I'm still torn on the whole vaccine argument, i would love to back up the 'let individuals decide' but then as far as i understand it some vaccines only work from a young age, when you cant really comprehend the decision. then you hear all the thoughts and theories on 'what is really in the vaccine' or' development problems in infants' and it throws me.
i dont have any children yet but will sometime so this is something i'll need to make my mind up about sooner rather than later.

thanks for the reply

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

Those are exactly some of my concerns! It's like you read my mind. I had some very young and seem to be healthy like you said you are too. I always come to the question about 'what really is in a vaccine' and all of the reasonings behind why we or our children really need them. Some people swear by them and that they are the reasons we have beaten so many diseases since they came around, ie polio etc. But then I learn about how our bodies have coped and been doing that for years before on their own without vaccines. What really makes me nervous are the scenarios like that teenage cheerleader a while back, that vaccines messed her up so bad neurologically she literally walked backwards and was just, so so gone she would never be normal again. And all the pandemics and mess ups with vaccines since then. Kind of like this situation, even though this is more of a warning. It makes me think theyre like 'Hey.. We know we vaccinated you but we didn't really do it right so now, be even more careful then you would have before.' lol. It just all makes me nervous. No problem on responding! I think these kind of situations are a big deal. Also I am expecting my first who will be here in a month and I have been trying to study my butt off on to vaccinate or not because I would never forgive myself if I did and it caused worse problems than me just raising her healthy and taking my chances ya know? Its just all so confusing!!

P.S. I love your Avatar!

top topics

join