It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gore is Yet to Come [OWWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I had a sense of impending doom.

It wasn't because of the upcoming election, even though the thought of Obama being re-elected caused me to burp a little bile and swallow it back down. Nasty taste. I shivered.

It wasn't because I'd just finished Brian D'amato's "The Sacrifice Game." I'd read his "In The Courts Of The Sun" a year ago, so when I was foraging at the local public library, and saw his second book in the trilogy on the New Book shelf I snatched it. A full two inches thick, it told all about Mayan Culture and the 21st of December end date. Sure, it's fiction, I thought. Sure. It just HAD to be.

It was because Samhain was approaching, a mere few weeks away. Halloween, a time when spirits and ghouls roam the earth. Usually, my favorite time of year, in which I celebrated the Harvest, and was thankful.

Not this year. Something was different. I was trying to put my finger on it. There was a stench in the air, a stench of failure, of an old mare whipped to the point of giving up. It wasn't the stench of rotting flesh, no, not yet, but a precursor to the end of everything. It was a foreboding feeling that there was nothing left to do except rot away with the current system. It was almost as if all the horrors we kept hidden in our minds would finally break loose, collectively, and we wouldn't be able to control it this time.

Sure, we dressed our children in costumes, and paraded around for candy, a ritual as stead fast as Christmas and New Year's Eve, ground into our minds as just another event to perform, a precursor to the end before our eyes that we refused to acknowledge. We did it every year, without fail, often forgetting the consequences a prelude to a year's end may bring.

This year was different, according to the Mayans. The end of everything, so the codexes spoke.

I guess I shouldn't read so much. Keep it simple, make it painless. Would that really help?

With my decision to remain informed, I suffered the curse. My children innocent, they marched sequentially through the throngs of trick or treaters, as always, my heart empty and forlorn. My hands were as much tied, not able to do anything. Within reason, I simply waited.

On Halloween night, the terrorists struck again. This time, with purpose and resolve.

Whatever they put in the water supply turned people insane, not that they already weren't, but the mad rampage that followed suited the predictions of the Mayans. All hell broke loose.

There was never an election. Obama declared Martial Law, and with the election cancelled, the economy broke apart. Not just here, in the USA, but worldwide.

The human race, left to it's own follies, really didn't stand a chance in the long run. In the few short decades it took to create the internet, it all collapsed again in a few short months. Nuclear weapons pockmarked a few of the world's biggest cities, and billions perished, after which, human nature took over. The chaos, the riots, truly demons leashed upon the land. Death was a gift.

With that, the theme set, I'll begin to tell my story.....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nice intro. Sounds like it will be a good story. Hopefully you will have enough time to complete this fine work of FICTION.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
Nice intro. Sounds like it will be a good story. Hopefully you will have enough time to complete this fine work of FICTION.

What fiction? Wrong thread mate

This is a pretty sweet starter. It kept me reading line after line. You should develop this.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is cruel.
Now we have to wait for the next chapter. Write Faster!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
This is cruel.
Now we have to wait for the next chapter. Write Faster!!

I agree.

How did Obama survive this?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A bunker in Colorado. He's still technically the Potus, and they are holed up waiting for intel.

I may expand upon this one.

tenth also started a new contest for October, Over Here.

Be sure and Flag all the stories you read, if you like them. Thanks to

everyone

for reading!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Awesome intro! I await to read the rest of it when its finished!
I really liked part about the stench, but not one of so much death, but that taste you get on the back of your throat when you know death is coming for you.
There are so many underlining tones that it really leads up to great suspense!
Good stuff man, Star and flag for you and really look forward to the rest of this story.

top topics

join