It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Enigma? My story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So to start off I wanted to saying that there is a good chance that this is all coincidental or means nothing. I decided to make this post to get a second opinion.

THEY (or used in tense THEM) is a symbolic reference to people of higher power. The name may be an abbreviation for "The Hierachy Enslaving You".

23 Enigma is the belief that all incidents and events associated with number 23 (e.g. which happened on the 23rd of any month) are somehow tied into a centuries-old plan, possibly, devised by THEM (see first quote).

This belief has its origins in Discordianism and is, for example, associated with the Illuminati in the Illuminatus! Trilogy, whose co-author Robert Anton Wilson considered it an actual material-plane demonstration of confirmation bias.

Source: conspiracy.wikia.com...

Throughout history, the number 23 has had mystical significance., as its the Pentagram: 2 & 3 points. This number appears too frequently for it to be a co-incidence. 23 has an energy field that is resonating all around us. Also 2+3=5, in binary: '101'which is another number you see everywhere. The human body consists of 46 chromosomes, 23 from each parent. Geometry is based on 23 natural laws. There are many examples that describe the power of this number. However, many believe that the number is cursed with dark and evil properties. I believe that It means something if you empower it to by believing that it has some mystical power over you. The way you use it is the key to understand it.

- written by: mphermes

1. Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times when he was killed.
  2. Olof Palme was shot around 23:23 local time (give or take 1.5 minutes).
  3. The Earth is inclined on it's orbital plane by 23.5 degrees. The "point-five" can be represented as 5 = 2 + 3.
  4. The sum of the first 23 primes is 874, which is divisible by 23. (wasn't there some significance to prime numbers?)
  5. 23 is the width of the Arecibo Message, sent into Space in search of Extraterrestrial Intelligence.

Ok so this is part of my life story, I guess I just want someones opinion on this.

1996 was the year I was born, one of the nurse at the hospital where I was born had some kind of stopwatch/some kind of timer that was ment to record my exact birth time (right when my body came out of the womb). It was hospital policy (and maybe world wide, not sure) to record the birth date. The nurse came in and told my mother I had an interesting birth time. Using military 24 hour clock my exact birth time was September 23rd, 23 hour, 23 minute, 23 second (my 23rd birthday is in seven years on Sep. 23rd, 2019). 23 is a number that frequently occurs in my day to day life, but at the same time it is a common number.

I have always been a strange kid, I have also had a fair share of rough stuff in my life. Since I was young I usually kept to myself and I lived in a fantasy world, I never really did anything in reality and was always (from morning to night) reading fantasy books, playing computer games, or imagining. My sister was a handful so I also didn't get much attention from my parents, but I still was fully provided for so I am eternally grateful. I also have a very submissive personality, that I am slowly trying to fix. I am a very humble person and whenever someone asked me to do something I would always do it to be nice. I had a fear of people hating me, people who saw that I was an easy target would walk all over me. I just feel like im naturally or programmed (not sure what word to use) to follow orders. If I "do something wrong" I start feeling very strange and anxious like I am having a panic attack.

For most my life I was ok but entering my teen years I was very depressed, when I entered Highschool at 14 I was always by myself for the first months but eventually I made friends with people who smoked weed. Through them I met other people and eventually stopped seeing them all together, these new people I met got me into painkillers and eventually injecting heroin. There was one guy who was my "friend" know how he could get into my head and had lots of control over me, he would command me do to things and force me to hang out with him (making me feel guilty if I wanted to leave). It was really messed up, this post would be 1000 pages if I go into everything with detail so ill briefly describe things. Drugs ruined my life, though I am clean now. Nothing really brings me any happiness or satisfaction anymore and I have been close to seriously harming myself many times. Life feels really dull and I want to find happiness but can't and its sad.

Its strange but for most of my life I felt like I wasn't human, when i'm around other people it feels like my thought process is different. I feel like a stranger in my own body. I had alot of trouble socializing with people and except for a small handful of people I am not myself and become a different person around others and can't think properly so I am usually silent. Sometimes I wonder why people do things that almost everyone does and I find it silly. I don't think this is true but It sometimes feels like I am a different species in an alien body that isn't mine.

My family has always been "in-touch" with paranormal stuff, if its real. I have a very Christian family but while many are super religious my family has a fair share of messed up people (a ton of drug addicts). There was one lady in my family who had a daughter, she cut ties with the family and joined a satanic cult. Nobody was in real contact with her but about a year later she died, my mom would never tell me how but all I know is that she is dead (she implied it was something bad but still wont tell me). I think because of this and a few other things my mom has always been terrified of paranormal/satanic stuff and wouldn't even let me watch movies about it. He daughter lives with other family members now. My mother can also use these weird prong type things to find water. Her and my sister always have street lights randomly turn off when they stand under them for a long time (likely coincidence, right?) my sister said one time she did it on command but that could be her immagination. Also when my mother was 15 her friends convinced her to use a Ouija board, they all got angry because nothing happened but my mom said a voice was talking to her in her head and she had a conversation. She said she ran home and her mom got really angry, this is also why she wont be around any of that kind of stuff. According to her the voice didnt sound malicious but she it still terrified her.

Again, this could be all in my head but me and my sister have always felt that we are kind of "in-touch" with sensing things, sometimes I get a very strange feeling like my sight and attention is being drawn towards something and it feels like theres something there and I can see it but at the same time I can't its hard to describe. This wierd women who me and my sister went to, to have reiki said we were special children but I think she was just trying to make a buck.

Anyways, I am sure there is more I could say but I guess this is the most relevant. Can anyone tell me if this is all BS/not true or if there is some meaning?

Do I maybe have an active imagination? One time recently It felt like a beam went into my head and I saw a grey little man but I couldent stop seeing it for awhile.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vendettent

I can relate to a lot of the things you've felt in your life...mainly the part about not feeling in connection with people, feeling like I'm not satisfied with anything, or not feeling like I belong in this world. However, I am stuck with it until such time I feel the mandate to remove myself. Might as well make the best of it, you know? There's obviously loads of people that need help, and maybe I can do that somehow. It would give some meaning to my existence.

As for the rest of the stuff, I don't have a clear answer. Usually, when people say, "Is this real? Am I dreaming? Am I just imagining things, or is there really something out there?" I answer with one word: Solipsism. The theory that everything that is real to us or even imaginary is a creation of our mind, everything exists within our minds only. That is, the only thing we can be sure that exists is our own mind. It's a very arguable line of thought, and no one can really disprove it, so it's something to keep in mind.

But as Albus Dumbledore (one of my eternal sources of inspiration) once said:

"Of course it's happening in your head, Harry. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?"

It's rather a device of sanity to believe that everything's real, otherwise you treat everything as though it's a dream...not a very wise alternative, in my opinion. Just keep watching to see what happens; if strange stuff keeps appearing to you, pay attention to what it may be telling you. Eventually, you will figure it out. Otherwise, you would not be experiencing it. These things happen for a reason - you are being taught. What, I cannot tell you. That's for you to find out.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
il make sure you get only 23 replies to this thread. then have it closed. that would make you para. just a joke....i seen that movie based on this number. was a good movie

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Every number has a meaning, an effect, a purpose. Unfortunately, we're just beginning to rediscover the secret properties of numbers, and they are much more effective in conjunction with other vibratory mediums...such as color, sound, or mineral structure, all of which are actually mathematical expressions. Colors have a frequency, sound has a frequency, and mineral structure affects the energy around it through its subatomic geometry.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sounds like youve been thru an awful lot for such a young person.

Your life cant possibly be ruined because you havent even begun to live it yet.

I know it seems like it is your whole life but you are just starting out.

Stick with it bud things will get better you just have to wait it out.

Oh and things will suck too!

Its all part of the game, it's not what happens to you its how you deal with it that will define you.

I think all of us feel like we are the "observer" of our lives sometimes and hell maybe we are!

If you get a chance google Ramtha, Iam not saying its gospel but intresting for someone like us.

Dont check out or you'll have to go thru this all over again.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Not if you don't believe in reincarnation! Not that there's many other widely establish spiritualities to go by - a lot of the others believe that "checking out" is a life sentence in the fiery pits of eternity.
Personally, I don't believe it, but I'm not the one concerned here.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can also relate to much of what you have said OP.
And I really agree with what AfterInfinity says concerning solipsism, so maybe keep that in mind when re-examining your past.

If I could add any additional ramblings:

The thoughts we invest in seem to result in a delayed return on that specific investment.
(Think about it.. because of your birth-date, you have given much 'power' to the significance of the number 23. Now imagine that one day your mind perceives a great evil, it is backed by all that power over the years.)

I realise that it might sound strange, but the universe has a greater imagination than we can possibly comprehend. It will always be able to lead us down any path we might care to follow... or create ourselves.
If your path has a 'heart' then keep with it. If not, try observe the whole system and forge a new avenue.

I'm not trying to be overly cryptic. Sometimes language fails to describe these inner workings and I'm honestly just trying to be some sort of help seeing how I can relate to much of your story.

Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong.
Best wishes

edit on 8-10-2012 by adrift because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks guys! Everyone here has been extremely helpful with providing insight. I am very grateful.... I sometimes get a little paranoid about the strange happenings in my family.
A cool fact is that on my fathers side my ancestors are Icelandic but even earlier then that, vikings.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
23? Guess you could say I've been there and done that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Care to elaborate? Are you trying to say you used to know alot about it but then realized it wasnt real?

top topics

join