It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help? Lost time and my UFO/Alien obsession

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Several years ago, in the 2005 timeframe, I worked at a company located near a state park. It was approximate 4 mile walk through the woods, running along a major US river and flood plain. I would take this walk 3-4 times per week, and knew that I would complete it in about 1 hour, give or take. I would always check my time, and "competed with myself" to come in under the 1 hour, if possible. I did this every time, and without fail.

On one particular day, I remembered starting at 12:30 but returned at past 2 PM. For some reason, I seemed to lose 30 minutes, and it has bothered me for years. I remember the whole walk that day being "in a fog". I don't think about it all the time, but it is one of those mysterious things that I cannot explain.

Several years later, now about 2010, I developed an almost overnight obsession with UFOs and alien phenomena. Not a gentle obsession, but one that often causes me to ignore other aspects of my life. Dreams about UFO actively, on the earth and moon. Meeting human like aliens in very real dream settings. I spend hours, each day, reading about, and intently studying UFO phenomena. What makes this so odd, is that I was 48 when this started, and I hadn't thought 5 minutes about UFOs prior to this obsession.

I suspect that my time lost and UFO obsession are somehow linked. I have not tried hypnosis. Is there any way to recover this information from years ago, and get to the bottom of this mystery? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Anymore details you can provide about the 'lost time'?, did anybody else notice anything different about you or comment that you arrived back later than usual? Struggle with nightmares/repressed memories after the lost time? Any UFO sightings reported in the newspapers or the general community around that time? Any psychical symptoms such as drowsiness/marks/scars etc? What happens in your current alien dreams, and what sparked your current obsession?

Right now im leaning towards the you just faded out for a bit whilst taking a walk and years later became obsessed with UFO's, stumbled upon the lost time phenomenon and linked up the imaginary dots.. could be wrong but need more info
edit on 8-10-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Never to late in life to find a new revelation and dig up all the info you can find .'
I think hypnosis is probably the only way to extract what happened during that missing time.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by therovers
Anymore details you can provide about the 'lost time'?, did anybody else notice anything different about you or comment that you arrived back later than usual? Struggle with nightmares/repressed memories after the lost time? Any UFO sightings reported in the newspapers or the general community around that time? Any psychical symptoms such as drowsiness/marks/scars etc? What happens in your current alien dreams, and what sparked your current obsession?

Right now im leaning towards the you just faded out for a bit whilst taking a walk and years later became obsessed with UFO's, stumbled upon the lost time phenomenon and linked up the imaginary dots.. could be wrong but need more info
edit on 8-10-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your reply. I am not aware of any corresponding UFO sightings. I was a lone wolf on the walk, and don't have anyone else to ask about that day. I am not ware of any physical symptoms.

Maybe I was somehow mistaken on the time, but I don't think so. It might remain a mystery.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Never to late in life to find a new revelation and dig up all the info you can find .'
I think hypnosis is probably the only way to extract what happened during that missing time.

Thanks, would they be able to reach back 7 years ago, to this specific day (not sure what day it was in2005) when I took this walk hundreds of times?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If I want to remember dreams, it helps a lot lying in bed and relaxing. I notice that i can remember dreams etc. MUCH better shortly before i fall asleep.

So...my idea is, you could try to remember what happened that day next time you go to sleep, but instead of falling asleep you relax and use this to your advantage. This could be the next best thing, aside from hypnosis. The key here is to be very relaxed, right before you would fall asleep.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Most likely.

For every thought that reaches our consciousness, thousands (if not millions) are stored and encoded.
Our limitation while in our standard, conscious state, lies in accessing that information.

Hypnosis is either incredibly magical, or incredibly straightforward, depending on your perspective.
It allows us to access and interact with our subconcious.

I'd take the hypnotist route. Regardless of the outcome, you'll find peace of mind with respect to that episode, while gaining more certainty about your next steps, whatever they may be.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Thanks, would they be able to reach back 7 years ago, to this specific day (not sure what day it was in2005) when I took this walk hundreds of times?

back to childhood , even past lives if one really believes in that

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thanks all for your responses. I know my subject was a bit on the selfish side, and not of direct interest to all.

Now, to find a hypnotherapist who can help.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

keep us updated when you do

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Thanks all for your responses. I know my subject was a bit on the selfish side, and not of direct interest to all.

Good luck! Up-date us with any info you may come across.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My friend,

Record it

I had experienced similar in 2003, getting the right treatment can bring great and surprising results

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

Record it

I had experienced similar in 2003, getting the right treatment can bring great and surprising results

Be safe be well,

Spiro

I am intrigued. Did you find out that you had been abducted?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I would recommend "hypnosis". I don't think there is any proof that it is an effective method to recover "lost memories". And the reality is that once you have gone through with it, you will probably be plagued by doubts if any "recovered memories" are real, or are just constructs created by the demands and expectations created by the hypnosis session.

As an alternative, if you want to try to recover possible "forgotten memories", maybe just try writing down all the memories you can recall from that period of time and going even further back to your childhood. You might be surprised how much you can remember if you actually just start writing it down. A lot of memory is retrieved by association. Memories are triggered by peoples faces, by locations, by sounds, music, smells.

If you have the opportunity, try to go back to that location and retracing your walk.

It is interesting that you have developed an obsession about UFOs, but it is possible it relates to something else besides this one memory of half an hour of "lost time".

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply. I am not aware of any corresponding UFO sightings. I was a lone wolf on the walk, and don't have anyone else to ask about that day. I am not ware of any physical symptoms.

Maybe I was somehow mistaken on the time, but I don't think so. It might remain a mystery.

The lone wolf remark could be a clue for you or a NLP for others?????
Look up James Casbolt and Project Mannequin, he mentions lone wolf.
Don't get caught by the octopus.

What state park?

Try this website;
www.tombraiderforums.com...

Try this woman and her story;
www.alienabductionhelp.com...

Good luck BTW

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi

The lone wolf remark could be a clue for you or a NLP for others?????
Look up James Casbolt and Project Mannequin, he mentions lone wolf.
Don't get caught by the octopus.

What state park?

Try this website;
www.tombraiderforums.com...

Try this woman and her story;
www.alienabductionhelp.com...

Good luck BTW

Thank you that was very helpful. I spotted several things on that first list that applied to me. I have has sleep paralysis and heard humming sounds. My brother, who is 6 years older, and we shared a room experienced that as well. I have had repeated dreams of flying. When I see depictions of grays they seem very familiar. I have repeated UFO dreams, and I clearly have an obsession.

I take it back. It was Creve Coeur County Park in St. Louis County.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Welcome to the exclusive club. It is not a comfortable feeling wondering if your whole mental state has been influenced by outside forces. You spend a lot of time wonder what is me and what new part is them.

It is, however, a brain expanding process, something that you are better off with than without. . that should be qualified, however, by adding "if your psyche can handle it." You will start looking at everything from a different perspective from your own self to the order of the cosmos. You may find that you simply "know" things but can't explain just how you have that knowledge or insight.

Maybe abductees were given new, specific tasks or interests to follow and they really get into their topics. Most of those areas having to do with an expanded consciousness, ancient civilizatioins and/or of how the Universe operates or may operate.

Be wary, if you think you gain some rational, unalterable "truth," that insight may not be exactly that. Another thing, abductees are frequently loaded up with a task that they never get completed. for one personal reason or another. That can be a monkey on your back, be wary of that phenomena.

Take stock of your new interests if not your personal identity and appreciate how you are a better person than what you were before. And avoid trying to explain yourself to others--any other, family, friend, or stranger. They won't understand. Don't even try.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's true that something may have happened....and I understand you took this walk often, but really on a four mile walk it would be relatively easy to lose half an hour without realizing your pace had changed. I understand competing with yourself.... But still a half hour margin of error isn't unreasonable.

As for the UFO obsession, if you hadn't really been interested in the phenomenon your entire life, I can imagine that it would be easy to get overly engrossed in such an interesting, thought provoking, and sometimes creepy mystery. I know I get utterly and disturbingly obsessed with new topics of interest until I learn a sufficient amount, then I move on.... Could take days, months, or years.

Don't think too much of it, if you believe you want hypnotic regression, more power to you, it can't hurt. It sounds more like you're subconsciously looking for anything strange in your life you can attribute to abduction since you think about it so much. Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienSun

Very wise words. In many ways, I am as average and "normal" as you can imagine. Wife, kids, job, house, etc.

But, this thing has taken over my life. I cannot concentrate on work or mundane things. I only want to study and learn more about this phenomena. I have purchased scores of books, and have read volumes of information on bulletin boards, and the like. To say it is an obsession would be an understatement. I check UFO news 50 times a day minimum.

But, you are right. No one understands. My wife loves me, and tries, but cannot grasp what I am feeling. I don't talk to it with too many people, because everyone thinks you are crazy.

I do feel like I have a higher purpose. I feel like I am supposed to educate others. Write a book perhaps, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I appreciate your response very much.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Responded to the wrong post

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Thanks, I appreciate your perspective. Maybe I wasn't abducted. I definitely have an unquinching obsession.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join